Lewis, Patriots Run Over the Dolphins 35-17, Quick Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Lewis, Patriots Run Over the Dolphins 35-17, Quick Observations

Steve Balestrieri

Remember the trade deadline rumors about Dion Lewis' Hmm, those seem like a distant memory now.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Its been a while since we had a RB that had over 100 yards rushing, Lewis is too good, the way he cuts and makes people miss is just Madden like, also you would think someone as little as him he would probably fall backwards most of the times, but somehow against those linebackers and big safeties he manages to always fall forward and grab an additional 2-3 yards. Just nuts!!!

The guy can ball, if Shady wasn't ahead of him back in Philly I think Philly would have still kept him.

Miami Had No Answer for Dion Lewis: Remember the trade deadline rumors about Dion Lewis? Hmm, those seem like a distant memory now. Lewis had his first career 100-yard game and rolled for 112 yards on just 15 carries with a monster game between the tackles.

Lewis was his elusive self but then showed great power for such a diminutive back getting a lot of yards after contact. Lewis has great vision and once in the hole, he has the quickness and speed to make defenders miss along with his eel-like moves.

The Patriots ground game overall had its best day of the year, grinding out 200 yards on the ground. They officially ended up with 196 but four Brady kneel downs took off four yards. Overall it was a very, good day for the running game. Rex Burkhead added 50 yards on 13 carries. The team averaged 5.2 yards per rush.
Do I need to say it?

Do I need to say it?

You may have understated it...

...this Dion Lewis cat has powers...

catfly.gif~c200

...far beyond those of mortal cats. :)

Yeah. He does look like that running. I get laughing sometimes when he runs and no one around here knows what I’m laughing about.

Might, looked like a bunny hop on that one play and bunnies can be pretty agile (though not as straight line fast). I'm thinking Dion might be a killer rabbit :)
Not impossible but they are Panthers at Pitt

"Brady bobbled another snap and the result was a sack by Cameron Wake. Forget about blaming that on Cameron Fleming. That was on Brady all the way. He gets rid of that ball had he not bobbled the snap"

Uh…no, I won't forget to blame the sack on Cam Phlegming. Not only would Brady still have been driven to the ground by Wake had he fielded the snap cleanly, but he would not have had to time to throw the ball anywhere either. Phlegming was less than a Turnstile on that play; he was Invisible. At least turnstiles offer a modicum of resistance as you go through it; Phleming offered not even that modicum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back