PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Dolphins @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than the 7 points, I hated the snap-TD, because it gave a defeated Miami team the excuse to renew their try-to-injure-someone-on-every-snap game plan.

It is pretty remarkable that NE can beat another NFL team so convincingly despite a C effort. And a C that included a handful of D- stretches.

I presume most of the sloppiness will be cleaned, now it just comes down to health.
We ran for 200 yards.
Brady started 12/16-160 and 16/24-200 before the game was out of reach
We had a ton of 20+ plays
We had 7 sacks.
They were going for 4th downs in their own end in the first half and managed 10 offensive points and barely 200 total yards
That is not a C game.

I said before the game I expected a win but also it to turn a little ugly somehow. About what I expected though I didn't know exactly where the mistakes would come.

I expect a bounce back next week.
I’m sure they will work very hard to overcome the embarrassment of this 18 point win.

The six man secondary group of:

Butler
Gilmore
Jones

McCourty
Harmon
Chung

is shaping up to be the best unit in the league. Getting a lead will be big in the playoffs so the defense can play to its strength.

I wouldn't go that far but it has been pretty good.

um, jeff howe just said van noy was walking through the locker room...

and.

Well there is a lot of information right when these things happen. It won't always all be correct.

BB is no doubt in a bad mood that he will likely be without Slater and Ebner next game. Dude just loves STs and his 2 top dogs will be out for a while. It isn't a good thing but luckily the way the O and D are playing we don't need amazing STs plays to win. Hope Slater is back for Pitt. Without Enber we really want him back for that game.

I honestly think it is an ACL for Ebner.

Uh oh. Reiss said it was sloppy.
No he said SOMETIMES sloppy WORKMANLIKE effort.
Every game is sometimes sloppy. Catergorizung this game as a sloppy effort is wrong.

DPlr86YWsAEKNKn.jpg

Dude, some of these are just crazy. I wonder if that avocado has some other other green stuff in there...

No he said SOMETIMES sloppy WORKMANLIKE effort.
Every game is sometimes sloppy. Catergorizung this game as a sloppy effort is wrong.

So, he didn't write the word "sloppy?" Not like writers don't have lots of other words to use.

Well, not the smoothest game but a good sign when you can win so handily anyway.

Also: I went with 38-15 in the weekly contest, so kind of wish they hadn't gone for it on fourth down in fairly easy field goal range. ;) Did seem kind of like belichick was determined not to kick field goals. Maybe he didn't want Gost to get a big head after last week. (Or maybe he just wanted to practice some fourth down situations).

So, he didn't write the word "sloppy?" Not like writers don't have lots of other words to use.
He didn't say it was sloppy, which would mean all the time sloppy as opposed to sometimes sloppy and some times not sloppy. In other news, here's your injury update:

More than the 7 points, I hated the snap-TD, because it gave a defeated Miami team the excuse to renew their try-to-injure-someone-on-every-snap game plan.

It is pretty remarkable that NE can beat another NFL team so convincingly despite a C effort. And a C that included a handful of D- stretches.

I presume most of the sloppiness will be cleaned, now it just comes down to health.

It looked to me as if they got the early lead and than went into cruise control mode. They knew Miami was dead, and they eased up.

BB's probably going to be handing a lot of players their asses when they go over the film.

Those things are meaningless to me compared to totally dominating and manhanflimg the opponent.

Despite your apparent position, you can play a sloppy, or even bad/terrible game, and still beat your opponent by a lot of points. It happens in sports all the time.

Edit: Andy, there's nothing you can possibly be disagreeing about in my post while being intellectually honest. Nothing I posted was remotely controversial, so quit being an ass.

Last edited:
I hope Krafty Bob is enjoying his new turf field as Ebner needs a new knee...

Non-contact knee injuries can happen on any surface. What happened here to make it something that was directly attributable to the new turf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back