Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you had a choice between keeping Cam or Harry...

• Cam

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're maybe the most negative guy on this forum but for some reason you seem to think Cam will be much better this year. Interesting.
I was just thinking that. lol. I think he is more of a Cam fan.

Yeah the reasoning is, he is cheap. Plus I think he has pictures of Bill somewhere that will expose Bill as the guy that shot JFk.

nahhh.....it's just the best option at the moment

Umm Harry ain’t have to learn the playbook in a down/pandemic year. I’ll give cam half a year if he’s in the upper half of qbs statistically, another 12mos of BOTD.

Umm Harry ain’t have to learn the playbook in a down/pandemic year. I’ll give cam half a year if he’s in the upper half of qbs statistically, another 12mos of BOTD.
Besides, they're not at the same position. Harry is an underperforming receiver, and Cam is a running back.

why-not-both.jpg

when the thread title and poll question don't match it should be a bannable offense

Cam has already said he isn’t sure he would take a backup roll. I think he is gone if Mac is named starter at the start of the season.

d%#*!@t I can't find a video clip of it. I wanted to do a joke about how he'd have been a hit if he ever met this Tom Brady audible or something... then have Brady yelling "Sally Sally Sally."

Yeah, you have to assume that Meyers is ahead of him (because he already beat him out last year), and Agholor and Bourne are ahead of him based on the investment made in them. Gunner is a "lock" due to ST, which leaves Harry as MAYBE your 4th WR on the field. But given we're likely running a lot of heavier sets, your 4th WR really needs to be able to do some work on ST, which Harry doesn't seem to be interested in (or capable of) doing. And that's not even accounting for whether he would actually be the 4th best WR on the team (Zuber and Nixon probably have more upside at this point). There's just no place for him on this team really.

Cam at least is a .500 level starter who has the respect of his teammates. Even if Mac wins the job, so long as Cam isn't pouting you're not typically going to find a better backup than that in the later stages of an offseason.

maybe he can return punts and kicks lol. Throw him out to the wolves. I’m pretty sure he did do a bit of it in college. Gunnar is much better, but I’d rather him be the 4th WR over Harry.

Absent any cap complications, I'd say both.

But if we had to pick one, I'd pick Harry. Keeping a player here who clearly does not want to be here is not helpful.

Cam has already said he isn’t sure he would take a backup roll. I think he is gone if Mac is named starter at the start of the season.

I don't remember him saying this. Probably a long shot (dude says a lot of things in a lot of interviews) but do you have a link for context?

Yeah, you have to assume that Meyers is ahead of him (because he already beat him out last year), and Agholor and Bourne are ahead of him based on the investment made in them. Gunner is a "lock" due to ST, which leaves Harry as MAYBE your 4th WR on the field. But given we're likely running a lot of heavier sets, your 4th WR really needs to be able to do some work on ST, which Harry doesn't seem to be interested in (or capable of) doing. And that's not even accounting for whether he would actually be the 4th best WR on the team (Zuber and Nixon probably have more upside at this point). There's just no place for him on this team really.

Cam at least is a .500 level starter who has the respect of his teammates. Even if Mac wins the job, so long as Cam isn't pouting you're not typically going to find a better backup than that in the later stages of an offseason.
Zuber is my choice for the last WR spot. There is just something about him i saw last year that i liked. He didn't play much, but when he was on the field i noticed him.

Zuber is my choice for the last WR spot. There is just something about him i saw last year that i liked. He didn't play much, but when he was on the field i noticed him.

This sums it up for me too. I can't point to any logical data that suggests he's going to be much of anything this year, it's just a hunch on my part. He has some skills but was real raw last year, so maybe I'm just hoping he makes a leap. I seem to recall him taking some KR reps in practices too? That would be a perfect way to keep him on the roster even if he's far down the targets list.

I don't remember him saying this. Probably a long shot (dude says a lot of things in a lot of interviews) but do you have a link for context?
Jan 4, 2021

Newton: 'Too early to tell' if he'd accept backup QB job​

New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton acknowledged that he didn't have the 2020 season he had hoped for, but stopped short of saying he would accept a backup role as he considers free-agent options this offseason.​

• Mike Reiss, ESPN

Gonna make a few points here, sorry for the list:

1) Brady's reluctance to throw to rookie WR's is vastly overblown by some. The only WRs drafted highly by this team in recent years have been Harry, Dobson, and further back Jackson. None of them turned out to be good WR's (for different reason), so it's not like Brady had talent he was refusing to utilize. If Brady was sour last year it wasn't over Harry specifically, but more about the general state of the team.

2) Cam only ruins the season if he either becomes a locker cancer because he lost his job (which I would doubt, given what BB and all of his teammates have said about him), or he is the starter all year which means Mac isn't ready. And if Mac isn't ready either, the season isn't going anywhere regardless. At least with Cam you now have a backup QB that you know can win you 50% of the games he has to play.

3) I wouldn't disagree on seeing what Harry can do in his third training camp, if it had not been for the recent public comments. Once that's out there, you now have to question whether this guy is going to give you an honest effort for a team he doesn't believe is on his side.
1. Malcolm Mitchell would have been a better player to show that Brady will throw to rookies that get open. It’s too bad his injuries kept him from having a decent career

Throwing to rookies was a problem only if Tom felt they were not progressing quick enough for him. Make too many mistakes and your shutout IMO for too long. Harry has issues for sure but the Tom narrative still holds true. Mitchell learned the playbook and learned from his mistakes to be an excellent WR.

Harry needs a ***** slap and get with the program...although it may be too late.

Last edited:
Definitely Cam. Having him in the QB room will do some service to Mac, and having him start will let you wait until Mac is READY before putting him in there. Whereas, Harry…well, he’s basically worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots