Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you had a choice between keeping Cam or Harry...

• Cam

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam is the best QB on the team and you want to trade him????????????

For what at his age? You would be cutting a fat hog getting a 4th round pick.

Harry is worth even less.
If that is true, then we seriously screwed up in the draft for Jones

I was really open to giving Harry another shot this year. Now, not so much.

Same here. If you're producing, but your attitude sucks, I can live with it as long as the team is winning. If you're not producing, but you're working hard, I can give you the benefit of a training camp to see if you can get it to "click". But if you're not producing AND you're making noise now? I'm cutting my losses and getting what I can get. Especially since Harry wasn't likely to be competing for one of the top spots anyway.

I'm in the minority....Cam goes and Harry stays. I still think Harry has some potential to be an ok WR. Years 1 he had Brady and it is a known FACT Tom was pissy about throwing to rooks and last year Cam was throwing to him. He won't ever be a WR1 or 2 but I still think he could develop into the 3-4 range. It's not pretty but he did more then double his yards and catch % went up..

View attachment 33787

I'm not ok with Cam ruining 2021. Harry can't ruin the season...he has very little impact on the outcome of games.
Brady threw to myers when he was on the field. Brady threw to Mitchell to the point he was one of the top receivers in the superbowl. Brady threw to branch, brady threw to gronk. Maybe its not rookies, you actually have to not suck and then Brady will throw to you. The stats you show, Harry was on the field more due to Edelman being out. Brady cannot really throw to guys on the sideline, its an incomplete pass.

I'm in the minority....Cam goes and Harry stays. I still think Harry has some potential to be an ok WR. Years 1 he had Brady and it is a known FACT Tom was pissy about throwing to rooks and last year Cam was throwing to him. He won't ever be a WR1 or 2 but I still think he could develop into the 3-4 range. It's not pretty but he did more then double his yards and catch % went up..

View attachment 33787

I'm not ok with Cam ruining 2021. Harry can't ruin the season...he has very little impact on the outcome of games.
If this guy was a 5th round pick literally no one would think this. He has shown absolutely nothing on the field to even warrant a roster spot at this point. He is soft mentally and plays soft physically and according to Zo on the game day radio broadcasts he routinely doesn't know where to line up and has to check before the snap.

yeesh.......55.6% for 9.2 yards per reception

that's like keeping a baseball player because he's a contact hitter who bats .200
Keeping Cam is like keeping an old baseball player who sucks now because there was a time years ago he did good in one season.

Brady threw to myers when he was on the field. Brady threw to Mitchell to the point he was one of the top receivers in the superbowl. Brady threw to branch, brady threw to gronk. Maybe its not rookies, you actually have to not suck and then Brady will throw to you. The stats you show, Harry was on the field more due to Edelman being out. Brady cannot really throw to guys on the sideline, its an incomplete pass.
Harry in a shortened season due to injury...
1625760390853.png

Meyers...
1625760418030.png

Edelman...
1625760475887.png

If this guy was a 5th round pick literally no one would think this. He has shown absolutely nothing on the field to even warrant a roster spot at this point. He is soft mentally and plays soft physically and according to Zo on the game day radio broadcasts he routinely doesn't know where to line up and has to check before the snap.
I agree...up to this point. That why I said "I still think Harry has some potential to be an ok WR"...potential. He can be an ok receiver...but he hasn't yet and prob not with the Pats.

Keeping Cam is like keeping an old baseball player who sucks now because there was a time years ago he did good in one season.

Ok….but they’re keeping him, so enjoy it or watch something else

Harry in a shortened season due to injury...
View attachment 33853

Meyers...
View attachment 33854

Edelman...
View attachment 33855
Edelman was not really playing receiver but on 4 wides. He was mostly special teams. Again, you have to actually be on the field.
2019 meyers Snap count pct 36%
2019 Harry snap count pct 19%

2020 Meyers snap count pct 65%
2020 Harry snap count pct 57%

Again, if they are on the sideline if Brady throws there its an incomplete pass.

Nah I like when the team wins and they have good QB play, so I will not really enjoy that.

I agree...up to this point. That why I said "I still think Harry has some potential to be an ok WR"...potential. He can be an ok receiver...but he hasn't yet and prob not with the Pats.
If we are talking pre-draft potential ie. why he was considered a late first rounder then yes he definitely has some potential. I just haven't seen any of the positives that were mentioned about him pre-draft on an NFL field.

Edelman was not really playing receiver but on 4 wides. He was mostly special teams. Again, you have to actually be on the field.
2019 meyers Snap count pct 36%
2019 Harry snap count pct 19%

2020 Meyers snap count pct 65%
2020 Harry snap count pct 57%

Again, if they are on the sideline if Brady throws there its an incomplete pass.
You wanted to compare Edelman so I did.

You wanted to compare Edelman so I did.
should have said when Edelman actually started playing wideout most of the time. Again, that on the field thing...its big, as you saw with my percentages, if they are not out there, Brady cannot really throw balls at them. Brady is weird, he likes to win and have successful plays. The guys that can get open and catch, he will throw to, the ones that cant, he wont. There is practice for getting a guy up to speed, not games. The rookie on Tampa Jackson I think his name is, had some big catches for them in the playoffs. Get open, do your job and Brady will throw to you.

Watching the Pats is better than not watching the Pats
Watching the pats suck on offense consistently is a new thing that has not been seen in awhile, takes getting used to.

should have said when Edelman actually started playing wideout most of the time. Again, that on the field thing...its big, as you saw with my percentages, if they are not out there, Brady cannot really throw balls at them. Brady is weird, he likes to win and have successful plays. The guys that can get open and catch, he will throw to, the ones that cant, he wont. There is practice for getting a guy up to speed, not games. The rookie on Tampa Jackson I think his name is, had some big catches for them in the playoffs. Get open, do your job and Brady will throw to you.
I don't mind cherry picking seasons for getting the results you want :thumbsup:

I don't mind cherry picking seasons for getting the results you want :thumbsup:
There was only two seasons with Meyers and Harry, hard to cherry pick that. As far as Edelman, again, if he is not playing at wideout, hard to really use his receiving stats. Again, this is not a rookie thing, its a be good thing, be on the field thing. Both of those factors matter.

tenor.gif

lol. I mean if some of you do not want to hear peoples opinions on a questioned ask. Its going to be a long day for you on football message boards.

There was only two seasons with Meyers and Harry, hard to cherry pick that. As far as Edelman, again, if he is not playing at wideout, hard to really use his receiving stats. Again, this is not a rookie thing, its a be good thing, be on the field thing. Both of those factors matter.
Edelman played more then 2 season...I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft