PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: What will the Patriots do with pick #15?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will the Patriots do with pick #15?

• Draft a QB

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Draft a non-QB

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Trade up and draft a QB

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Trade up and draft a non-QB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down for multiple picks

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Trade for a veteran QB e.g. Jimmy G

• Ray Lewis Killed A Guy, Maybe 2

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Other (please explain below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to keep it simple: What do we do with pick #15?

Poo flingers: ready, aim, fire!

Seems like trade up and get the qb is going to be the obvious narrative.

tbh at this point we have no idea listening and reading these mediots that think they are in the know. No self respecting franchise would ever let their pick be known by the riff raff.

Personally I’d be fine with Fields or Lance. I’d also be ok with a lot of positional players in this draft if that’s they way they go.

I can’t see them trading away enough draft capital to move up to draft a qb. If one isn’t available at 15, I think they take the BPA.

Seems like trade up and get the qb is going to be the obvious narrative.
Yet our early poll results are suggesting we stay at 15 and pick a non-QB, which IMO is very interesting.

tbh at this point we have no idea listening and reading these mediots that think they are in the know. No self respecting franchise would ever let their pick be known by the riff raff.

Personally I’d be fine with Fields or Lance. I’d also be ok with a lot of positional players in this draft if that’s they way they go.
I agree. The issue with the mediots IMO is most of them don't take into account the decision process is very different in different places yet they apply the same decision criteria to all. Consider the difference between places such a NE, SF, BAL vs CHI, WAS, CIN. Sure a great player is a great player, but each of those teams have different processes and different needs and no one can predict how things will turn out with any degree of accuracy.

Yep, this simple poll shows how difficult it is to make this kind of decision.

Yet our early poll results are suggesting we stay at 15 and pick a non-QB, which IMO is very interesting.

I agree. The issue with the mediots IMO is most of them don't take into account the decision process is very different in different places yet they apply the same decision criteria to all. Consider the difference between places such a NE, SF, BAL vs CHI, WAS, CIN. Sure a great player is a great player, but each of those teams have different processes and different needs and no one can predict how things will turn out with any degree of accuracy.

Yep, this simple poll shows how difficult it is to make this kind of decision.

Any further input on my end would require a paid subscription ;)

Trade up for QB, if we have someone we really like. It’s the final piece to the puzzle to start competing again. Take a chance.

Trade up for QB, if we have someone we really like. It’s the final piece to the puzzle to start competing again. Take a chance.
That's what I would do if it were up to me. Keep taking QBs you like till you get one that displays franchise QB performance in your system. However I don't think BB thinks the same way. He'll keep thinking about the 'best use' of that draft slot, and seems to convince himself he can get by with Cam or some other meh QB and picking someone else makes his team better over all.

The Patriots will trade this pick and several others and eventually end up with a couple
of 2022 picks and a 2021 third round pick. They will not draft any wide receivers but will
draft several defensive backs most of whom will be reaches.

QBs worth trading up for will all be gone. They stay put at 15. BPA.

I don’t have high expectations for this season but hopefully this rebuild will be a short one and this pick will help make that happen.

If they can't work something out for a QB prospect they really like, maybe they could trade down and just take a flyer on a mid round guy this year. A decent trade down could net enough 2022 draft ammo to try for a top qb prospect there.

Disclaimer: Just thinking out loud, not necessarily advocating this.

If we move up: QB, CB (horn), Smith/Waddle

stay: Horn, Parsons, Newsome

trade down: Collins

Trade the 15, next year's 1st round, the next year's 1st round, 2 2nd rounders and Cam Newton for the #4 pick...(according to the thousands and thousands of Rung666 assertions posted here the past 2 months). Anything else is utter FAILURE so Belichick better heed this advice or the Patriots are going 2 & 15 in 2021. Nothing else is acceptable and Rung will dislike anybody who has the temerity to post any opinion that does not fit the exact template of HIS demand.

Oh...and Bob Kraft is getting indicted down in Palm Beach for the Orchids Of Asia fiasco. Rung rang up thousands of posts insisting THIS is happening. The lesson is...DO NOT DISAGREE WITH RUNG 666.

Screen shot of poll results as the draft opens:

1619741782267.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back