PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: We Getting Glassoppollo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they get the QB they want at #15 , JimmyG probably gives them a better chance to win than any other player they could get there, but at this point he's not worth #15, #25 or so it's a different story so if the Pats trade down and get a later 1st plus some other picks, than I'm ok trading that later 1st.

Edit -> this was confusing , anyway, I want JimmyG over Cam but I hope they are able to get him with a discount

bold prediction: we get JimmyG and Scammy Cam is still our starting QB

Given Jimmy's history of injuries, what explains the different takes on his durability between Shanahan and Belichick?
Who says they have different takes?

Who says they have different takes?
The general consensus, which may very well be wrong, is that Shanahan doesn't want him and Belichick does.

The general consensus, which may very well be wrong, is that Shanahan doesn't want him and Belichick does.
Shanahan doesn’t want him as his long term QB. I seriously doubt belichick does either. Belichick is capable of recognizing Jimmy can’t stay on the field.

I like Jimmy. Would've wanted him maybe a couple months ago. At this point though I think you wait and see who comes within trade up range and go with him instead. If the top 5 are gone before you can trade up then yea I'm up for trading for him
how do you trade for a guy making 25 mill, you need to have that cap room? Why would Jimmy do a rework contract rather than get cut?

Let him get hurt in Camp this off season and SF will throw away 25 mill. They will cut him Monday.

We getting Glassoppollo?

or no?

No ...I don’t think Jimmy can come home again ;) His injury record has to scare the bleep out of BB and he has thrown up on himself in big games when he has to step out of what he normally is...a game manager. I hope we pass

I'm not giving up anything more than a 4th.
Agreed ...if BB gives up a 1 or 2...or even 3 for Jimmy Glass....he’s losing it. Jimmy’s contract is also ridiculous....especially since he will play 5 games a season at best!

we can't afford to have a liability like Jimmy on this team on a big money contract. Would be a horrendous move

Jimmy will restructure or face getting cut by the 69ers.

He’s coming back.

how do you trade for a guy making 25 mill, you need to have that cap room? Why would Jimmy do a rework contract rather than get cut?

Let him get hurt in Camp this off season and SF will throw away 25 mill. They will cut him Monday.

because if Jimmy gets cut, his salary is going to be MUCH MUCH less than 25million. look at what Trubisky got.

I think jimmy is a possibility even if the patriots trade up honestly. They may want to develop someone like fields more than a year. And I dont think they are sold on Cam newton. heck, they tried to bring in Alex Smith

We trade down, draft a corner... Then we get a LB, then a trade up for a Tackle, then a QB, then a WR, OL, :rolleyes:

Yeah... Don't watch the first round, spare yourselves the frustration. lol

we need more stripper poles....yup...yessir...and free drinks too:whistle:

rihanna valerian GIF

im a network engineer not a salary cap analyst i have less than 0 idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back