PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: We Getting Glassoppollo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlantia went up like a Roman Candle no?

I like Jimmy. Would've wanted him maybe a couple months ago. At this point though I think you wait and see who comes within trade up range and go with him instead. If the top 5 are gone before you can trade up then yea I'm up for trading for him

Yes and WB

Terrific thread title.

Given Jimmy's history of injuries, what explains the different takes on his durability between Shanahan and Belichick?

I like Jimmy. Would've wanted him maybe a couple months ago. At this point though I think you wait and see who comes within trade up range and go with him instead. If the top 5 are gone before you can trade up then yea I'm up for trading for him
Goose Cousin,
I am definitely with you on this one. With the Draft, the Niners will have 5 QBs on their roster. They just picked the last up a few weeks ago. There was a reason Lynch did this.

I am sure BB has done extensive homework on how the first ten are going down;

>Jags get Lawrence at #1

>Jets get Wilson at #2

>Niners get Lance at #4 (Mac Jones was a smoke screen. They already had the same guy on their roster Jimmie G who led them to a Superbowl but could not stop getting hurt)

>Falcons trade the pic because they have so many needs. A young QB as an apprentice sitting on the bench for three or four years is nuts. I don't think BB bites foor the perceived Falcon price tag.. I think Elway is king of the QB splashes and at pick#9 to trade, more enticing to the Falcons than an offer from the Redskins or Bears.
The Falcons trade this pick to Elway for Fields because Elway will throw some first picks at the Falcons.........and maybe Drew Lock. Lock would has the similar abilities of Matt Ryan in running the present Falcons offense.

>Bengals are not usually down traders at #5. The need more armor for Joe B.

>Dolphins don't need a QB for now at #6. They uptraded for someone in mind.

>Lions at #7 are a reasonable target for the Pats if they up trade. Perhaps the Bears bite. Jones could start almost immediately and perhaps save Nagy's job for awhile. But if not, what does Nagy care if the Bears gave up severe wampum to get Jones if he's canned. If the Bears can't make a deal with division rival Bears, Nagy might seek out the Panthers at $8.

>At #8 if the Lions or Falcons don't trade, I think the Panthers stand pat and don't trade up. The Bears? Washington? or maybe the Vikings all clamoring for the last of the "Fab 4" after Lawrence. Listening to a lot smarter Draft people than I, Darnold would have slotted as the third QB in this Draft. Remember Darnold is only a year older than Fields and Mac Jones. It's not like the Panthers could not use more help elsewhere.They keep Darnold as their guy and trade the pick.

So the last guy standing should be Mac Jones and could be had at pick 7 or pick 8,

Jimmie G knows the system here with BB and Josh. He is well liked by them. The contract must be tweaked. They could still keep Cam and Jimmie G but I think BB would trade Cam out of respect for Cam, to the loser of the last of the Fab 4 selection of pick #7 or #8. Or....maybe Cam is shipped to the Niners as part of the Jimmie G deal.

Unless the Lions or Panthers don't try to rape BB and he gets shot at LMS (last man standing). Jimmie G makes perfect sense. My favorite deal? Nyet, but oh....o.k.

Jimmie G makes the most sense of all. If it is going to happen it's already done. You don't make a blockbuster trade when you are on the 10 minute clock in the Draft. I don't understand the logic of keeping this a secret unless BB is renegotiating Jimmie's contract with Don Yee, Jimmie G's agent (also Brady's). I think Yee owes the Patriots and Bob Kraft a solid for the favor for aligning the deal so his client Brady could seek his own deal elsewhere.
You can't negotiate a contract on the 10 minute clock so if there is the possibility this is in the works it's happening now.

You want to make a blockbuster? Now that the price of Watson is dirt, trade some reasonable picks to Houston for Watson with the understanding that the legal process and him on the Commissioners list might take a year. Nothing is a felony here. It's all civil so far.He should be in line of the AB punishment. Contracts still need to be addressed. Maybe #15 this year and a player ( Gilmore?) and a #1 next year if this is resolved and he starts. No more. Gamble for us and salvaging something for the Texans,

Remember Nick C has no first or second Rounder. Let him use #15 to downtrade for additional picks and maybe a QB like Mond or Trask. But he'll still wind up with a quality guy in Gilmore. The a 1st in 2022 added.

That is logical too but only if the organization and Fan base (Us) have patience to let this play out for a year or so....maybe less. If Watson did not force anybody and his crime was exposing his rippa-rapper in a secure one on one environment.....then perhaps $50 grand appiece should suffice for viewing something they did not prefer to. Basically a $1.1mm mistake for Watson to make the offended 22 go away.

DW Toys

I'm not giving up anything more than a 4th.

Given Jimmy's history of injuries, what explains the different takes on his durability between Shanahan and Belichick?
NE's offensive line? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where is the poll lol
Did you have some kind of reinstatement deal with @mosslost that he couldn't start any new polls?

Seems he's trying to work within the rules you set out.

There's a chance, yes. Also a chance we trade up and get fields or a top prospect

I feel like everything is on the table

As risky as he is, id rather roll with him and a day 2 prospect like mond /mills than likely spending multiple firsts on a rookie who will not be Lawrence or Wilson . Now if one of those top 5 fall to around 10ish and we can strike without giving up another first, id go for it. Either way i wouldn’t pull anything costly until seeing how the draft starts to unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes