Do you want a Blowout or Great Game?

• Pats Blowout the Falcons

Votes: 229 97.0%
  • Great Game

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady has given them 6 great CLOSE sb games. He has paid his due in that regard. A big fu to the league would be for this game to suck and we annihilate the falcons in the 1st quarter.

What would you rather have:

1:30 remaining in 4th. Two timeouts Falcons lead 37-33. Patriots start at their own 25 yard line. Or exact same scenario but the Falcons down 4 and starting at 25?

As a Patriots fan...blowout. As a football fan....close game.

I want a blowout if the Pats are in it.

I reserve the 'Great Game' option for when the Donkeys get their asses handed to them.

...oh wait, that a was a blowout too... :rolleyes:

I just personally get more enjoyment out of a game winning play or drive than the game being over by the 3rd quarter. But a fitting end to this awful NFL season would be a Pats blowout

I want the Steelers game redux, which IMO was both: a clean, well-played game where the Patriots gradually pulled away to a commanding victory.

Seriously?

Next question : would you prefer to make $1M a year or $50K.

I started laughing and then I started crying cos I work in social justice.

Anyone who would even consider a "great game" over a "blowout" is not a genuine Patriots fan.

Perhaps a football fan who generally roots for the Patriots, but not a priority Patriots fan.

I mean, think of the thought process., if you want a "great game" over a blowout then if the Pats go up 17-0 you'd then have to go "man, I hope they blow this lead so we can get a good game going into the 4th"

I'm torn. My immediate response is a nice big pats blowout. But then I think about 2014 - the insane celebration, the amazing videos about it which I'll watch for years to come, pure elation. Don't think you get that if we jump out to a 3 score lead and never look back.

On the other hand, or back to the original hand I guess, my dad always used to tell me when I was a young boy, Break their ****in neck. Pats - 54, Falcons - 13.

Also, I now want to make a poster of J11, with the quote "Break Their ****in Neck" and take it to every game I attend.

What would you rather have:

1:30 remaining in 4th. Two timeouts Falcons lead 37-33. Patriots start at their own 25 yard line. Or exact same scenario but the Falcons down 4 and starting at 25?

This would have made for a better poll.

I'd take the Pats with the ball. Going into the game I already love the Pats chances against the Falcons D, but in a 37-33 game that also tells me neither D is having a good day. As such, you want to be the last team with the ball.

Who needs all the stress and tension of a "great game"? I want a pleasant, relaxing, humor-filled BLOWOUT! And I want to see Jimmy G. play the whole fourth quarter.

Of course if they win a close game, we can hear all season about how they were lucky, couldn't hold a candle to the 49ers dynasty, benefited from weak opponents and on and on. Which would put the team in the right frame of mind for next year. I want Tom's last game to be a blow out.

I have had enough close Super Bowls to last me a lifetime. It's a testament to how spoiled we have become that this is even a discussion. I will take a win any way I can get it. But I have never enjoyed "good" games. Spending three hours with my nerves frayed and my stomach in knots is not enjoyable. To me, a good game would be New England up 31-0 at the half and then just cruising. Like the Celtics in game 6 against the Lakers. It would be so nice to have one like that. Just one. I have been begging the football gods for that since 2004.

Blowout. This team has won 4 SBs by 13 points.

I want a 1989 49ers Donkeys 55-10 type game

LOL,WTF kind of question is that???

It's a dream to have the Pats comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter, all the BB/Brady SB's have been close win or lose and to be able to sit back (ok, I'd still be semi hunched) and celebrate in advance...tough life as a Pats fan eh?

I want to be hootin' and hollerin' by halftime. Time for a blowout!
The Pats will have to be up something like 42-3 at halftime for everyone to relax. If Atlanta has one virtue, they can score.

Sorry guys I voted for great game, obviously with a Pats win. Honestly I see no reason why the Pats shouldn't win, no guarantees, but if they don't I just hope it isn't because of some BS zebra call.

I want a blowout to put an exclamation mark on the season after the bogus Deflategate suspension!

I am extremely confident in a Patriots BIG victory. Comments like the one from Devonta Freeman show how ill prepared the Falcons are for this game. Our O is slightly behind the #1 O of the Falcons. Our D is significantly better than theirs. We dismantled the #1 D (HOU) in the AFC. Our O is extremely adaptable to whatever the opponent puts up. Our D will take away your #1 asset and make ATL one dimensional. Does Freeman have enough to carry ATL ... I don't think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick