POLL: Pat Patriot or Flaming Elvis?

• Pat Patriot (Yes)

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • Flaming Elvis (Hint: NO)

Votes: 103 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "darkness" you speak of is really overblown, .
Yeah those 6 Lombardi trophies are overrated.

Will you please shut the **** up

Oh **** the hell off. I'm damn sure I've been watching the Pats longer than you have. Probably longer than you've been alive. I'm sorry you're such a baby about a damned logo, but you an kiss my ass.\

Moron.
bandwagon boy

it's ranked 32, and considered the stupidest. Pat Patriot is considered timeless, a classic. It would not really be an issue for me if they could still do the throw back.
lol you are having a mental breakdowno_O

Last edited:
Flaming Elvis. Pat Patriot looks like he's taking a dump.
...just like every other player at the line of scrimmage.

There's lots of other sports you can follow, if you dislike the positions taken on every play in this one.

I'm part of the younger generation (25) so I'm obviously biased towards the Flying Elvis. Ever since I can remember, the Pats have been the icon for sustained success so I associate the logo with dominance and happiness.

I do love the Pat the Patriot logo and have several of the throwback red jerseys but the appeal is more "cute" than anything resembling intimidating/forceful. The Flying Elvis brings with it an intimidating and dominating type vibe.
yeah, like this
th

...things like "learning" and "discovery" and "growth" are surprisingly enjoyable for young people...the anger and disappoinment which accompany the realization of being duped for years is overshadowed by personal strength in knowledge, awareness of the truth and gratification from being right, and proud. Real vindication for the Patriots and all our fans will propel us into the new era of non-denigration and national awareness, and popularity.

Yes that means flushing the flying elvis forever.

Flying elvis: Besides the mark of success, it's a real logo, looks sleek and fast. Works on a uniform.

Pat Patriot: Funny looking cartoon that barely makes sense. A guy in a tricorn and slippers and a tail coat hiking a football with joke face. Looks like something from 40 years ago. Don't really like it at all.

Imagine if you had never seen it, it had no history, and Kraft revealed it tomorrow as the new logo; there would be barf coming out of patsfans.com for weeks.

Off topic: after Belichick retires, they can make the logo that looks like a hood. It can be in his honor, show the intimidation, and have sort of a revolutionary guerilla (sp)/assassins creed kind of vibe.

Disclosure 1: Didn't become a Pats fan until 2001. Bandwagoner I guess, but I didn't move to NE until my twenties and didn't care for football before.

Disclosure 2: I have a Pat Patriot sweatshirt that my wife got me and am happy to wear it.

Last edited:
All 5 titles were won by Elvis. Pat is retired and should stay retired/throwback only.

Okay, 1, I have some history w Pat and next time it's 1961 I am so down w that look. Who drew that thing, the guy who drew Yosemite Sam and Speedy the Alka seltzer guy? Damn people. Indistinguishable cartoon mess, whatever my memories say.

2, wtf is up with a swastika on a thread about a team logo?

Little clue: too soon.

For fuggin EVAH.

Need @Actual Pats Fan 's take on this
th
Most folks here clearly prefer flying elvis, right in keeping with Kraft's worship of online opinions (notice how the late Julius Adams is NOT in the team's HOF, while half a dozen far less worthy others are...thanks to online voting)

Growing up, I felt a direct connection to the players on the teams (college) and Patriots, their personal backgrounds, personalities, and the struggles everyone goes through out there in the course of any game.

Today, instant access and obsession with winning, statistics and otherwise irrelevant distractions make the process of fandom a cookie-cutter, bland affair. Celebrating this franchise's status as an AFL original with ties to the dawn of the modern era of pro football welcomes all New England fans, not just spoiled, drunken, short sighted bandwagoners, to be on board, with no one excluded. It also would show much needed class on the part of the present ownership.

th
Most folks here clearly prefer flying elvis, right in keeping with Kraft's worship of online opinions (notice how the late Julius Adams is NOT in the team's HOF, while half a dozen far less worthy others are...thanks to online voting)

Growing up, I felt a direct connection to the players on the teams (college) and Patriots, their personal backgrounds, personalities, and the struggles everyone goes through out there in the course of any game.

Today, instant access and obsession with winning, statistics and otherwise irrelevant distractions make the process of fandom a cookie-cutter, bland affair. Celebrating this franchise's status as an AFL original with ties to the dawn of the modern era of pro football welcomes all New England fans, not just spoiled, drunken, short sighted bandwagoners, to be on board, with no one excluded. It also would show much needed class on the part of the present ownership.
you are trying way to hard. we are talking about logos. dial down the drama lol.:rolleyes:

That may be true... but OTOH, not only does the Bible still include the Old Testament... but it comes first in every copy. :)

Edit: I see you disliked this. LOL... I would have thought it a nice comparison... Pats fans and the Lord's people wandering through the desert... crying out for a savior.... and then they both get one. :)
Pat Patriot is the logo and face of the franchise for 33 years that brought us to the dance.

flying elvis is the phantom impostor jester's mask that Orthwein/Kraft surreptitiously slapped on our helmets, corroborating all the baseless denigration of the team in local and national media and the league offices. It is the face of stupidity.

Tom Brady is NOT responsible for the helmet and uniforms he's been forced to wear in his pro career. I believe he deserves the same opportunity that Starr, Dawson, Namath, Staubach, Bradshaw and Montana had to win the Super Bowl in front of a worldwide audience dressed like a champion, proudly representing his team and community. Instead of being dressed like an Arena league reject chump.

Tom Brady is NOT responsible for the helmet and uniforms he's been forced to wear in his pro career. I believe he deserves the same opportunity that Starr, Dawson, Namath, Staubach, Bradshaw and Montana had to win the Super Bowl in front of a worldwide audience dressed like a champion, proudly representing his team and community. Instead of being dressed like an Arena league reject chump.

I'm extremely confident that the vast majority of the world couldn't give two s**ts what uniform Tom Brady is wearing in the Super Bowl. They will want him to lose or want him to win regardless.

my side is taking a beating, yes. No argument here.
Well, the flying elvis is nothing more than an unholy abomination which I as a lifelong Patriots fan opposed since its first disgusting appearance at halftime of that game in '79, nevermind its accursed debut in '93.

Bad memories? I've said many times before I would never trade the wonderful on- and off-field success and experiences rooting for the Patriots for ten Super Bowls.

No, I did not watch all those games worrying about the financial travails of the owner.

I loved every game I went to at the old stadium; I was thankful we were here and had a team. This franchise celebrated many more victories than most other NFL teams.

And, the only context in which I see the Dreith robbery and Stingley tragedy is the one in which we make it to the Super Bowl where we belonged in '77 and as we looked in '86, reaching the top of the world as us. The Celtics did. Or, according to the majority here, after all the humiliation and disaster of '77-'79 they should have fired Red, done a total uniform and logo makeover and drafted and kept Joe Barry Carroll, and later anointed him the G.O.A.T.

You upstarts don't like and respect genuine Tradition! To Hell with Pat, the cartoon. Goodbye to the Man in the Mountain.

I want the true and Original Tradition. Bring back the Tri Corner Hat! And Braves Field...

I'm extremely confident that the vast majority of the world couldn't give two s**ts what uniform Tom Brady is wearing in the Super Bowl. They will want him to lose or want him to win regardless.
I realize facts are meaningless here, but there are literally thousands of football fans around the country who root for other teams, who nonetheless really liked the Patriots' real logo and uni's. Then, after 1993 they lost whatever third party attraction or respect they had for us.

Even if the vast majority of the world is comprised of drunken, nonfootball fake fans with no substantive interest in the sport, they should not be making decisions as to team policies. It is in this regard that Kraft and I disagree.

You upstarts don't like and respect genuine Tradition! To Hell with Pat, the cartoon. Goodbye to the Man in the Mountain.

I want the true and Original Tradition. Bring back the Tri Corner Hat! And Braves Field...
Tri Corner or almost anything would be an improvement. But, there should not even have to be a discussion. This is all Kraft's fault, and he shows no signs of growing or learning...you'll see him back in the sauna with Goodell before this year is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST