SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:ProFootballTalk.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
World Champs!
Tom Brady and the Patriots won their sixth championship on Sunday night after a tough defensive battle over the Rams.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Poll: LAC at BAL, Who will win? Who do you want to win?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by brdmaverick, Jan 2, 2019.

?

Which option sums up how you feel?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2019.
  1. Ravens will win, and that's what I want (and Ray Lewis killed a guy)

15.3%
  2. Ravens will win, but I'll be rooting for the Chargers (oh, and Ray Lewis still killed a guy)

24.1%
  3. Chargers will win, and that's what I want

41.6%
  4. Chargers will win, but I'll be rooting for the Ravens

19.0%
  1. QB12

QB12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +782
    FIXED it for you.

• Useful Useful x 1

2. Belichick8384

Belichick8384 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +478
    Didn't really care who won before, but now that Indy won their game and being rewarded with their first postseason win since deflategate, f#@k it bring on Baltimore. Want another crack at them

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sb1

sb1 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +10,324
    I think the Pats trounce the Ravens but the Chargers will probably be our best division opponent since 04.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,282
    No I meant 2 consecutive games. A lot of west coast teams maybe play a couple of games max in the eastern time zone a year. And not all of them are at one. The sample size for it is probably extremely small

5. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +3,282
    I think there was a team recently that didn’t travel back to there city. I can’t remember what team it was so I can’t remember the exact circumstances. Maybe someone else cAn

6. Belichick8384

Belichick8384 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +478
    The Pats played in Denver the week before they played in Mexico City. After they beat Denver they stayed in Colorado for the week and then left for Mexico City and adjusted well to the altitude. Oakland came from low altitude Oakland before the Mexico City game and did not adjust quite as well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +3,282
    I was a little drunk and forgot to add in the at 1 pm part. 2 consecutive games at 1 pm in the eastern time zone for a team located in the pacific time zone. Can be anytime, regular season or playoffs or week 17-wildcard weekend.

Edit: San Fran did win two consecutive games at 10AM Pacific time in the eastern time zone in 2011 though, looks like they won 3 outta 4 too. And went 4 for 4 during the year.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  8. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,325
    The three examples for pacific to eastern that I included don’t apply? Pretty sure they were all 1:00 games at least as far as I could tell.

At any rate, I get what you’re saying that it’s rare, and that should definitely be taken into consideration, but since those situations don’t come up too often that is one of the reasons why you don’t see as many back to back away wins for those situations. Like you said, it’s a fairly small sample size. Just not sure that I’d hang my hat on a sure thing victory if LA wins today based on that logic, that’s all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +3,282
    I checked out 2004 Seattle and I didn’t see 2 consecutive. If 2013 San Fran did it, it must’ve been regular season (which is okay) which I didn’t check. I know it wasn’t in the playoffs.

And yeah given that the sample size is probably really small (but it could be bigger than we think) it doesn’t prove anything. But winning in that time slot is hard enough, they’ll have to do it twice.

I’d really love to get a stat on this and see how many teams won both, lost both, and split. Of course some of this would also depend on how good the team is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. maineman209

maineman209 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +20,400
    I sometimes wish that I still had the confidence to make such bold predictions, but the older I get the more I come to understand that I really don't know sh it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. supafly

Ratings:
    +20,325
    Looks like 2011 SF did it in the early time slots. I’d be interested in going back and looking through some of the earlier 49er teams from the 80s and 90s. Maybe even some of the older Raider teams from the 70s and 80s. I don’t think Seattle was that competitive aside from some smaller 80s/90s runs that didn’t lead to much. Likely the same with the old Chargers teams back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. supafly

Ratings:
    +20,325
    Looking back at some of those old niner teams is nuts. There were times when the schedule makers had them start the season on the road for 4 consecutive games and 6/7. I saw another where they started on the road for 3 consecutive and 5/6, too.

Not all of them were 1:00 games, although I think they did the back to back 1:00s in ‘01 and maybe ‘94, too. Point being that we wouldn’t see brutal schedules like that today though. Damn. Can’t believe they had to endure that kind of start to the season twice in the late 90s. That’s crazy.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,246
    Don't make that bet. You'd probably lose.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +10,246
    It probably happens more in the playoffs than the regular season. It would have to be a WC team because the division winners get a home game.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +10,246
    I haven't seen the Ratbirds much but isn't Jackson more of a running QB than a scrambling QB?

The Bolts should be more prepared for Jackson since they played against him already.

OT: Is it me or is the NYFL Network loaded with former NFC players?

Did I actually read here that Harbaugh has out-coached Belichick in the playoffs? That's absurd.

The more I think about it the more I want the Ratbirds to come here and the Indiots to beat KC so that we can have a repeat of the defamegate playoffs.

Then we could follow that up with a SB vs the Saints, the other team that Goondell tried to derail with a phony penalty. That would be priceless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. supafly

Ratings:
    +20,325
    Actually, I’ve found plenty of examples of a west coast team winning back to back 1:00 games in the regular season, but due to the fact that it would have to be a wild card team (again—from the west coast), the sample size is going to be insanely small with very few examples in terms of the playoffs.

Haven’t looked past the late 90s 49ers yet, as well as any of the older Raiders or Chargers teams.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +3,282
    I left out the 1 o’clock thing by mistake but the 49ers in 2011 won consecutive 1 pm games in Cincy and philly so by what I meant to say I would still lose that bet.

Basically I would’ve made that bet because I figured it was a pretty rare occurrence

18. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +10,246
    We should have made a bet with @fightingirish595 for an amount per incident. There's been a lot of games in NYFL history. :)

19. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +3,282
    What were the start times for championship Sunday games Pre 2000s, were they ever at 1 o’clock?

Also what other teams have you found that won back to back

20. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +25,840
    You know to me the question always has been where the prediction is coming from. And if there is one person where I would not question their general rationality and propensity to stay away from hot takes it is Zach Dunn.

He is living and breathing schemes and X/Os.

Did he overdo it a bit saying there is no chance at all ? Yeah sure but that was just emphasis about how strong he feels about the Ravens being very one dimensional.

• Useful Useful x 1