PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: If Wentz is out, who is the new NFC Favorite?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

New NFC Favorite?

• Eagles

• Vikings

• Saints

• Panthers

• Falcons

• Rams

• Seahawks

• Packers

• Lions

• Cowboys

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write up.

Tough choice. It sucks that Wentz got injured because they looked like the favorites.

Not sure if the Rams are ready yet but their success this year makes Fisher look worse than he did.

I'll go with NO.

I don't like it, but I find myself thinking Falcons. The Superbowl fiasco messed with them for a while, but they seem to be pulling themselves together just in time to make the playoffs. They're still a very talented team.

I don't like it, but I find myself thinking Falcons. The Superbowl fiasco messed with them for a while, but they seem to be pulling themselves together just in time to make the playoffs. They're still a very talented team.
The Falcons have a lot of pieces and are pretty healthy. They have to get in - 10 wins is no guarantee.

49ers, if they just had a few more wins :)

Something funny that I thought about:

Could Nick Foles end up being the third QB this year that rejuvenates himself from having his career derailed by playing for Jeff Fisher?

Some faceless, nameless team that will end up getting dismantled by NE en route to Lombardi #6.

I don't like the Saints going into a cold weather venue like Minnesota or Philly. I'm not sold on Kenum and Foles though even though they both have good defenses. There's something about Atlanta that would worry me if I were other teams in the NFC.

The Saints if Kamara is healthy will be very difficult to bounce. They play inside but are running as well as anyone, so I think they can win a cold game.

I like the Vikings but the OL may do them in. They remind me quite a bit of the 15 Pats (not including a QB comparison). A good team bitten by the injury bug and OL troubles. I doubt they can keep up with other teams if the score gets high.

The Rams have talent and have one fewer Jeff Fisher. Woods is coming back and Kupp has improved over the course of the season. Their defense doesn't always travel well.

The Eagles should not be forgotten about. Foles is capable and with that roster capable might just be good enough.

I don't like the Saints going into a cold weather venue like Minnesota or Philly. I'm not sold on Kenum and Foles though even though they both have good defenses. There's something about Atlanta that would worry me if I were other teams in the NFC.
Minnesota is inside, so that won't be an issue against them. With Philly you may have a point, but the Saints did beat them in Philly in the playoffs in 2013. And the QB for Philly in that game? Nick Foles.

A lot of dome/warm weather teams will be in the NFC, which bodes well for teams like the Saints and Falcons

Ray Lewis killed a guy

NFC is a ****show ... but in a good competitive kind of way ... will be interesting.

I think Philadelphia still gets the 1-seed, and still has the best chance of making the Super Bowl, even with Foles. A game manager isn't the worst thing in the world for that team.

I think the Rams are a paper tiger, as are the Saints, and that will be proven out over the last month of the year.

I think Minnesota is the only real other team with a chance at Philadelphia, but if and only if Bridgewater is named the starter over Keenum. So long as Keenum has that job, they're a nice story that's one-and-done in the playoffs.

Edit: Also, Ray Lewis killed two guys.

It seems to me that the NFC has no fear team this year. Philly and Minny are not as convincing as their records, and Seattle and Green Bay seem to be less than in recent years. Maybe Atlanta because of the revenge factor--and Jones, of course.

I think the poll question would be a good one even with Wentz healthy. It's a hard nut to crack.

Panthers.

(I am not affiliated with them)

It seems to me that the NFC has no fear team this year. Philly and Minny are not as convincing as their records, and Seattle and Green Bay seem to be less than in recent years. Maybe Atlanta because of the revenge factor--and Jones, of course.

I think the poll question would be a good one even with Wentz healthy. It's a hard nut to crack.

I think Minnesota's a real threat with a real QB back there. I think the fact that they win (or come close) with Keenum is a testament to just how good they are on both sides of the ball.

Zimmer's in a tough spot as to what to do at QB, but I think he's got an opening now after the loss to say 'enough's enough'.

Hopefully he doesn't and rolls with Keenum.

It's a weird race in all honesty i would choose GB (with Rodgers), Seattle and Dallas over Philly, Minny and the Rams (top 3 seeds right now) in a playoff game.

I would go with the Saints if they win their division. I would take them at home in a wildcard playoff game over Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle or GB.

Foles is capable as long as they have home field and their defense plays well, they should still be the team to beat in the AFC

No way, Wentz was basically their team this year.

Minnesota is inside, so that won't be an issue against them. With Philly you may have a point, but the Saints did beat them in Philly in the playoffs in 2013. And the QB for Philly in that game? Nick Foles.

A lot of dome/warm weather teams will be in the NFC, which bodes well for teams like the Saints and Falcons

Good info Joey, for some reason I thought Minnesota's new stadium was outdoors. That changes things.

It's 2017, not 2013. Foles has been awful the last three years.

I'd go with the Saints, because of Brees, and the Panthers. Both teams have good defenses and quarterbacks. The Vikings have such a good defense but I don't buy Case Keenum. And hell there's still the chance the Packers sneak in.

I don't think any NFC team is as good as the Patriots or Steelers, though.

I think Minnesota's a real threat with a real QB back there. I think the fact that they win (or come close) with Keenum is a testament to just how good they are on both sides of the ball.

Zimmer's in a tough spot as to what to do at QB, but I think he's got an opening now after the loss to say 'enough's enough'.

Hopefully he doesn't and rolls with Keenum.

Im not sure why you think Bridgewater will do any better than Keenum.

His first 2 years in the league didn't exactly set the world on fire. And he hasn't played football in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back