PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: If Wentz is out, who is the new NFC Favorite?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

New NFC Favorite?

• Eagles

• Vikings

• Saints

• Panthers

• Falcons

• Rams

• Seahawks

• Packers

• Lions

• Cowboys

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hard to really pick a favorite now.

Eagles: unless they get Wentz back, hard to see them going to the SB. Still have a very stout roster and a good backup QB, so I don't think they'll be like Oakland in the playoffs last year. Wouldn't be shocked if they win a playoff game.

Vikings: They need Reiff to be okay on the Oline, who was carted off yesterday. Have to wonder if a banged up Oline could sink them like it did last year. Not to mention we still are trying to figure out if Keenum's play will continue. Overall though, gotta think they have the best roster in the NFC so they definitely have a shot.

Rams: Rams have a revolutionary young mind at HC, and an all time great DC. With great coaching and great young talent, who knows? I think a lot of people ignore them due to their lack of experience, and that's valid. They'll be the most interesting team to watch, but wouldn't be shocked if they got bounced right away ewe.

Saints: I think they might be the new favorite. HOF QB with a balanced attack on offense, with a much improved defense? Saints aren't the sexiest pick, but they now appear to me as the team with the least question marks, although we'll see if the defense continues to play well.

Panthers: can't deny they look like a stout team. The defense looks back to form with Kuechly back. I gotta wonder if Cam will be consistent enough for multiple playoff games, though. Not a huge fan of their arsenal on offense, but I won't rule them out because they play good defense.

Falcons: Some really think the Falcons could make another run, I personally don't see it. They can make noise in the playoffs, but I don't think they'll gain the same momentum they did last year. Most of it has to do with the huge downgrade of Sark from Shannahan. The offense shows moments of brilliance, but you can tell there is a lack consistency.

As for the outsiders with shots to get in:

Seattle: meh. I really liked them before they lost their guys in the secondary. I wouldn't be shocked if they won a game in the playoffs, but I just doubt they'll string it together. One week they'll look like the best in the league, the next they'll look completely erratic. Just too inconsistent for me.

Cowboys: now this is an interesting one. They will have a hard time getting in. But if they do, it means they won out, which is not impossible with Zeke being back for the last two games. I do know that they have a really good pass rush. That alone can get you far in the playoffs. The Cowboys also play well on the road, so this team is a pretty outside shot, but if they somehow get in they could be dangerous.

Green Bay: It feels like we've seen this movie before, right? Unlike Dallas, Green Bay actually has a better shot to get in if they win out due to beating Dallas earlier in the year. Two major issues I see with Green Bay would be for one obviously whether or not Rodgers is actually ready to get hit, for all we know Rodgers could reinjured easily if they aren't careful. But the main issue is once again their secondary, it looks back to where it was last year. Cant buy that D being good enough, but with healthy Rodgers they can win in spite of it for a while.

Lions: Meh. Nah. Even if they get in they'll get bounced right away.

Cardinals: LOL

Overall, if I have to pick a new team as the favorite, I'm going with the Saints. Others might be more flashy, but the Saints seem to be the most well rounded team left that also has a trustable QB.

Don't know and I don't really care.

Should have been an option in the poll.

dont-think-about.jpg

I'll go with the Packers with Rogers back.

saints, depending on Kamara situation

Rams are not only without experience, they have also been beat by every good team they've played, theyre just not at the top of the NFC tier

i like seattles and pantehrs chances more so than falcons, those two are dark horses (kind of)

saints, depending on Kamara situation

Rams are not only without experience, they have also been beat by every good team they've played, theyre just not at the top of the NFC tier
The Rams beat the Saints...

What is impressive is how good the NFC is. It was hard to narrow it down. The AFC has the Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars, and scrubs (maybe Kansas City but they seem to be floundering).

I think folks forget how good Foles is. PHI has a fine team. Foles is capable. Instead of PHI being a heavy favorite. I would put them as co-favorites with NO.

Now official that Wentz is done.

Eagles will still win 12-13 games, which will give them a playoff bye. I think they can even get a win in the divisional, but they'll meet their match before the Super Bowl.

Surprised to see that so many agreed with me on the Saints, but those guys are just sending out very positive vibes.
I'm not writing the Iggles out; Foles is good and an experienced backup.
Panthers, too. Something good is happening there.
Otherwise:
I think the Rams have played over their heads, but Goff could be the real deal in the future.
I don't think there's enough Rodgers mojo to bring the Pack all the way from below .500 two weeks ago...and even the mighty Aaron will need a couple of weeks to shake off the rust.
ATL and SEA. Just too high a hill to climb.
MIN? Just not sold on Case Keenum.

I’ve been watching NO all year since brees is on my fantasy team. Their passing game is not what it used to be. They rely heavily on ingram and kamara and their D is not good.

I think folks forget how good Foles is. PHI has a fine team. Foles is capable. Instead of PHI being a heavy favorite. I would put them as co-favorites with NO.

Sounds like you think 2013 Foles is showing up. I doubt it.

I’ve been watching NO all year since brees is on my fantasy team. Their passing game is not what it used to be. They rely heavily on ingram and kamara and their D is not good.

Kamara says hes playing this week. We'll see. The kid is electric.

I agree on the D. It does enough to get in the way. Nothing more.

i think the rams might be the favorites.

gurley + a stout defense, and Goff is playing like he isnt a complete ****ing disaster.

if the rams cut down on the stupid penalties, i'd say them

I want to say the Saints but they have been repeatedly vulnerable to receiving RBs and terrible at limiting YAC. I'd go with Vikings, but I'd prefer it be the Saints.

Voted panthies for revenge factor

The Saints have the best QB outside of Rodgers and the fewest weaknesses. Having the bye would be big. Running game improves their chances in a cold weather road game.

Foles is capable as long as they have home field and their defense plays well, they should still be the team to beat in the AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft