PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: IF disaster strikes, where do the Patriots end up?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worst case scenario, where do the Patriots finish?

• 1-4 wins

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 5-8 wins

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • 9+ wins, no playoffs

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • 9+ wins, early exit from playoffs

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • 9+ wins, legit contender in playoffs

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What if

1. JAG gets shipped out this offseason
  2. Brady gets injured week 1 and is lost for the season
  3. Jacoby is forced to start the full season
  4. A stiff of a veteran brought in as backup
  5. All players currently here, and all veteran additions, play within reason, better or worse, compared to last season
  6. No drafted player becomes a rookie stalwart
  7. Top drafted players become legit role players

Where do you think the Patriots would finish? Think carefully. 2018 draft position, after a "disaster" season, is on the line here!

9+ wins, early exit from playoffs is my guess. I don't think jacoby is ready to make us a legit contender but I think the pieces surrounding him are good enough to get us into the playoffs as long as he doesn't completely suck ass.

9-7 and miss the playoffs. Brissett is not ready and he may never be. I honestly don't think the Patriots believe he's the future and the lack of a trade for Garoppolo thus far shows that the Pats don't think he's ready.

we have the best coaching staff within the league. I can see no issues if JB started the season, it would all depend who we face in playoffs

I'll be honest, if JAG is gone and Brady is out for the year, the Patriots will probably bring someone in from the outside rather than turn the franchise over to Brissett. Hell they'd have to do it anyway just for depth. Nothing against Jacoby, I actually think he's very talented and definitely worth developing as a backup, but he's not nearly ready yet, anyone they could bring in is likely to be able to win more than him just based on experience.

Who knows? Matt Cassell's still bouncing around the league somewhere, I think he was backing up for the Titans recently -- maybe he's up for Round 2

I do think as long as quarterback isn't a liability BB is going to be able to rearrange the team and get 9 or more wins out of these players. Our defense is going to be very good and we just got a huge upgrade to our offensive weapons. Belichick may have to spring some assets for an upgrade at running back if QB isn't going to be doing the lion's share of the work on O, but we're actually pretty well built to shift to a run based offense given the acquisition of Allen, the presence of Gronk, etc. but I think this team could win 9+ games with a potato at quarterback the way it's built, and we aren't short on assets or cap space to rebuild the roster on the fly if necessary (for example upgrading at RB).

Last edited:
I'll be honest, if JAG is gone and Brady is out for the year, the Patriots will probably bring someone in from the outside rather than turn the franchise over to Brissett. Hell they'd have to do it anyway just for depth. Nothing against Jacoby, but anyone they could bring in is likely to be able to win more than him just based on experience.

Who knows? Matt Cassell's still bouncing around the league somewhere, I think he was backing up for the Titans recently -- maybe he's up for Round 2

Cassel and Hoyer are currently under contract (Tennessee and SF, respectively). For that matter, Mallett is under contract with the Ravens.

To be fair, do we even know what we have with Jacoby? At the same point in Brady's career he was fighting for the #2 position, even if he did outplay Bledsoe in 2001 preseason.... Brissett started 2 games as a rookie so hopefully the game "slowed down for him" and he can make that second year jump even if it is from the sidelines.

This team is loaded. That plus a great coaching staff gets them to 9+ and playoffs.

And they'd bring in another qb of course. But with rare exceptions (Broncos 2 years ago) you need a top QB to legitimately compete.

Last edited:
To be fair, do we even know what we have with Jacoby? At the same point in Brady's career he was fighting for the #2 position, even if he did outplay Bledsoe in 2001 preseason.... Brissett started 2 games as a rookie so hopefully the game "slowed down for him" and he can make that second year jump even if it is from the sidelines.

Brissett has had a year to see the game at the NFL level and got a good taste of the game. However, I'd need to see some improvements to his accuracy before I'd be comfortable giving him the job with no other competition.

It wouldn't be a terrible gamble to run him out there for a game or two if Brady goes down while you're mulling your other options. But BB would definitely acquire another QB as well, and I would think that Brissett would have to play better than the other guy in order to get any starts.

I see this team definitely carrying 3 quarterbacks next year and for the rest of TB12's career, exactly because of this scenario. I think Brissett is too good to lose. I also think that Brissett isn't yet ready to try to roll him out there for 16 games on a contender. In 3 years absolutely. Next year no

Question #2 sucks. I'm outta here.:eek:

Hahahahaha!! And LMAO!!

You know when you're a New England Patriots fan and have gotten so used used to watching the Dynasty that people actually worry about idiotic stuff like this.

Can you say "Time for therapy"? o_O

What if

5. All players currently here, and all veteran additions, play within reason, better or worse, compared to last season

Where do you think the Patriots would finish? Think carefully. 2018 draft position, after a "disaster" season, is on the line here!
If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, I probably won't come to work the next day.

But, the Pats will still contend for the title. Too much good going for them.

Forget about the pick, Goodell already has plans to steal it anyway. It's not like Kraft's gonna do anything to stop him:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Early loss in playoffs. AFCE : I have no respect for those teams or their coaches or their front offices. The D gets NE in the playoffs, but the lack of a proven QB gets them bounced.

9+ wins, early exit from playoffs is my guess. I don't think jacoby is ready to make us a legit contender but I think the pieces surrounding him are good enough to get us into the playoffs as long as he doesn't completely suck ass.
I don't even think he's going to end up being a regular/consistent NFL starter anywhere

I don't know where you got your opinion. Or is it your hope?

I picked 9 wins and early playoff exit. I think you could keep Jimmy (instead of Jacoby) and my answer would only change slightly.
With Jimmy starting a full season, I can't see the Pats making it back to the SB (maybe AFC championship game if bad luck hits the other teams).
Without Brady, I really think the Pats win the AFC east, but fall behind the Steelers, Raiders, and possibly the Texans/Chiefs/Broncos in the race for top team in the AFC.

What if

Hahahahaha!! And LMAO!!

You know when you're a New England Patriots fan and have gotten so used used to watching the Dynasty that people actually worry about idiotic stuff like this.

Can you say "Time for therapy"? o_O
Most folks weren't around for the Celts in the sixties...although, the national media kept (prematurely) proclaiming their demise every year after '65 (sound familiar?)...and we won three more...

...they're not kidding about West. I'd take him over MJ every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back