PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: If Belichick Pulled an Andy Reid, Would You Want Him To Stay?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If Belichick said, "I just want to coach" - Would you want him to stay?

• Yes

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
Yes we must extinguish that philosophy that has won more than anyone else ever has.

I don't know... I have no doubt in my mind that Belichick is the best MIND in football right now. He is a savant of football.

However, that success was the culmination of many factors. I agree that his hand was integral and a major factor. However, his leadership lacks when he doesn't have Brady. I am NOT in the camp that Brady brought all the success, however I do believe that the dynamic he and Belichick shared was integral. Without that, it's clear Bill isn't getting it done. He has the acumen to put you in the right position. But he needs someone to build the buy-in around him outside of defense.

I don't want to see him leave. But I don't want him to stay if he's going to keep up the same trend of coaching whom and with whom he likes, and only that. It isn't working. His talent is being wasted with that hangup.

This also indicts people like Kraft. Trying to meddle in the wrong ways, when he should be cultivating an understanding with Bill that he needs to trust minds outside his comfortability.

More time for eating.

BB would blow up like Andy who they call Big Red.

IMO Bill Belichick gets to do what he wants regarding the Patriots coaching and GM duties. If he's willing to go down with the ship, so am I.

I know it's a different sport, but guys like Greg Popovich are allowed to roll around in their own feces for years without a worry about losing their job. Specifically, he's done it twice, first drafting Duncan, now Wemby.

Allow Bill that chance. If I'm not mistaken, his highest draft pick with the pats was mayo........ because the pats pulled off a draft steal with the 49ers.

I don't live in the northeast, but you guys have to understand how unforgiving you are up there..... you've always been that way, but we didn't win until Bill came in.

I don't live in the northeast, but you guys have to understand how unforgiving you are up there..... you've always been that way, but we didn't win until Tom Bill came in.
FIFY

If Bill Belichick pulled an Andy Reid - who if I recall (and just noticed Albert Breer also brought it up last night on NBC Sports Boston) removed himself from this when he left Philadelphia - and said, "I'm done scouting and sitting in personnel meetings, let someone else deal with that. I like teaching and just want to coach," would you want him to stay?
The problem is Bill has not exactly been a good HC on game days and picking coaches.

Andy still has final say over personnel in KC.

Time to move on.

Exactly. Belichick can't be trusted. He's petty and vindictive if he doesn't get his way. Mac sucks, but what he did to him was criminal. All to prove a point.

full

Last edited:
Belichick isn’t Reid. I don’t see him giving up as much control as Reid did. I mean Belichick wants final say in everything down to where they set the thermostat in the training room.

But we have seen in those two end of the year Herald articles over the last two seasons that the problems with Belichick goes beyond shopping for the groceries. He has some serious problems with his coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball.

Would he give O’Brien some autonomy to hire his own staff? Would he ever let guys like Cam Achord or Troy Brown go? Is he willing to allow the offense adapt more to today’s NFL? Would he become less conservative and take more risks?

I would if Bill would play nice.

but he purposely undermined O'Brien hamstringing him saying he couldn't pick his own staff and took a hissy fit because he couldn't double down on that Patricia disaster....

so what makes anyone think he would play nice and not try and undermine a new GM who doesn't report to Bill?

IMO Bill Belichick gets to do what he wants regarding the Patriots coaching and GM duties. If he's willing to go down with the ship, so am I.

I know it's a different sport, but guys like Greg Popovich are allowed to roll around in their own feces for years without a worry about losing their job. Specifically, he's done it twice, first drafting Duncan, now Wemby.

Allow Bill that chance. If I'm not mistaken, his highest draft pick with the pats was mayo........ because the pats pulled off a draft steal with the 49ers.

I don't live in the northeast, but you guys have to understand how unforgiving you are up there..... you've always been that way, but we didn't win until Bill came in.
BB has earned the opportunity to fix the Pats.

Josh McDanny would get the offense well.

My worst fear is that Kraft will hire Buffalo BOB as HC and keep Corky Mac as his franchise QB. Then BK gives Cork a new contract to prove that he is all in. Just like Bledsoe. Kraft then moves to draft a WR with the 2024 # 1 pick. Just like he did with Terry Glenn.

BB has earned the opportunity to fix the Pats.

Josh McDanny would get the offense well.

My worst fear is that Kraft will hire Buffalo BOB as HC and keep Corky Mac as his franchise QB. Then BK gives Cork a new contract to prove that he is all in. Just like Bledsoe. Kraft then moves to draft a WR with the 2024 # 1 pick. Just like he did with Terry Glenn.

Bill has 2 years left. unless he's fixing it in 2 years what has he done the last 5 to give faith hes the man for the job? its pure delusion.

Bill is the reason its broken

Bill has 2 years left. unless he's fixing it in 2 years what has he done the last 5 to give faith hes the man for the job? its pure delusion.

Bill is the reason its broken
Corky supporters are who is delusional.

History has repeated itself. Corky is a noodle armed version of Bledsoe. Some type of reactionary passer who can't read defenses and crumbles under a pass rush.

I choose other - Kraft chose the wrong guy.

No. It’s a recipe for disaster.

1) wouldn’t even be remotely fair to the new GM to have Bill still in the building. Bill casts a very large shadow over the place.

2) the GM can pick players but he wouldn’t be able to force Bill to play and develop them. Bill has a doghouse for young players who make mistakes. Last thing we need is a 1st round WR or QB getting benched for 4 games for fumbling.

3) we need an upgrade in assistant coaches. Bill will not let anyone else pick his staff.

4) the GM could see the game different then Bill and draft/bring in players who Bill won’t like for his system. The GM needs his own guy in place to run their system. He’d be handcuffed running Bill’s.

5) Bill has already shown he won’t play nice when he’s told he has to do something. When Billy O came in this year Bill hamstrung him by not letting him bring in his guys.

One and Done.

I would if Bill would play nice.

but he purposely undermined O'Brien hamstringing him saying he couldn't pick his own staff and took a hissy fit because he couldn't double down on that Patricia disaster....

so what makes anyone think he would play nice and not try and undermine a new GM who doesn't report to Bill?
this

Corky supporters are who is delusional.

History has repeated itself. Corky is a noodle armed version of Bledsoe. Some type of reactionary passer who can't read defenses and crumbles under a pass rush.
who mentioned mac jones? do you have some sort of brain injury where every post resorts to "DuHH BuT CoRkY MaC!"

I want him to stay, period. This forum needs a thread for all the enlightened posters to display their football acumen and tell us who they want for a new coach. No BS - lay it right out there so we can all see what great coaching talent prognosticators we have on this forum.
Now that's a thread I would bookmark and make popcorn for.

No. I don't like people that snatch other people's food.

who mentioned mac jones? do you have some sort of brain injury where every post resorts to "DuHH BuT CoRkY MaC!"
People like you still dont get it.

You would keep Jones and build around him.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back