PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Are You Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fans back then saved that for game day in the stands resulting in the League banning the Pats from Monday Nigh Football for a decade. Now they're banning the Pats from Monday Night Football for different reasons.
Those nasty fans were all from the visiting team. Does anyone remember the old guy on the visitor sideline that used to get up and count when the Pats scored.?

Why don’t we just bring back Doug Flutie and pray for a *Miracle*…..

When did Malik take any QB snaps? You talking the game against the raiders?
They let him play traditional QB at the end of preseason and it was disastrous. He also wasn’t a great passer in college.

IMO he’d provide the worst possible outcome, he might win some games with his legs and at the end of the season you’d still need a franchise QB and he’s still a gadget player or backup at most.

If Zappe/Grier (pure passers) play well you might have your QB.

They let him play traditional QB at the end of preseason and it was disastrous. He also wasn’t a great passer in college.

IMO he’d provide the worst possible outcome, he might win some games with his legs and at the end of the season you’d still need a franchise QB and he’s still a gadget player or backup at most.

I don't think Zapp would be terrible. I do like that the kid had won games and oozes confidence. I believe letting him start is just the best thing to do. I like the athletic ability Malik posses, and with more grooming and seasoning he could become a capable NFL QB. I'm just speaking solely entertainment value for Malik. But the guy has pure athletic ability.

You remembering that correctly? Malik played only 1 drive. 2yd rush for Strong, 3yd sack with no one open. Safe underthrow to Pitts. On 4th and 11, he threw a perfect 25 air yard throw that would've picked up 15yds, but Scotty Washington dropped it.

In that 1st preseason game, the throw to Nixon that was dropped was excellent as well. Note that Mahomes' comp % in college was less than 1% more than Malik's.

I don't think Zapp would be terrible. I do like that the kid had won games and oozes confidence. I believe letting him start is just the best thing to do. I like the athletic ability Malik posses, and with more grooming and seasoning he could become a capable NFL QB. I'm just speaking solely entertainment value for Malik. But the guy has pure athletic ability.
If Zappe isn't terrible on Sunday it would be the first time he's been such in well over a calendar year.

With that said... if I'm wrong and he's really an NFL caliber QB then I expect he'll take advantage of the matchup on Sunday. The Chargers defense is the worst in the league. No more excuses. If he sucks then he can go take a seat beside his buddy Mac.

If Zappe isn't terrible on Sunday it would be the first time he's been such in well over a calendar year.

With that said... if I'm wrong and he's really an NFL caliber QB then I expect he'll take advantage of the matchup on Sunday. The Chargers defense is the worst in the league. No more excuses. If he sucks then he can go take a seat beside his buddy Mac.
His buddy or your buddy?? ;)

Well said my friend, in my conversation with @Wozzy I figured I l'd say something positive about Zapp maybe that will inspire him to show he can do some better than Mac has shown this season. Your right no more excuses, it's now or never. Regardless we need a QB.

Read what you just wrote...

Mac sucks, if we lost more games instead we could have had Zach Wilson, Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

Same result... no answers.

I don't get your point.

You still have a better shot at your guy if we have a top 3 pick instead of a 10-15 pick

Let Malik play and make it snappe.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

This season is done for the Pats. At this point its all about evaluation. We have seen what Mac can/cannot do, time to move on and start planning for next years quarterback room. Next years QB draft looks promising. I know thats what they said in 2021, right !!
2021 Lawrence :thumbsup:, Wilson, Lance, Jones, Fields :headscratch:
2024 Williams, Maye, Pennix Jr, Nix, McCarthy looks as good as any predraft group.
Hope we don't give away the farm to move up for anyone, too many holes to patch on this team and no other position is more of crap shoot than quarterback.

Malik and Grier are his posse.
Zappe is taking over the league in week 5. Lock. Those two might as well hop on board the train is almost full.

This season is done for the Pats. At this point its all about evaluation. We have seen what Mac can/cannot do, time to move on and start planning for next years quarterback room. Next years QB draft looks promising. I know thats what they said in 2021, right !!
2021 Lawrence :thumbsup:, Wilson, Lance, Jones, Fields :headscratch:
2024 Williams, Maye, Pennix Jr, Nix, McCarthy looks as good as any predraft group.
Hope we don't give away the farm to move up for anyone, too many holes to patch on this team and no other position is more of crap shoot than quarterback.
IMO
Fields is too inconsistent as a passer. Lawrence is good but not quite the generational QB he was billed to be. Mike McCorkle will probably be a backup somewhere but not in NE. Ditto Lance. Wilson lol.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back