PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players we miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Darius Butler because he was a Connecticut guy but i'm glad to see he fixed himself and got paid.

I was considering bringing him up, but didn't because he sucked while here. Still happy for him.

I also miss the 2011 O-line, so I miss Brian Waters. Wish he played here longer.

Also if it's worth noting: until recently my password on Social media sites remained Rememberthehooman. :rolleyes:

Kevin+Faulk+Tennesee+Titans+v+New+England+ctDlsHigriPl.jpg

Also if it's worth noting: until recently my password on Social media sites remained Rememberthehooman. :rolleyes:
Ha. I would've cracked that in an instant. :cool:

I was considering bringing him up, but didn't because he sucked while here. Still happy for him.
He was pretty good his rookie year

• Agree
Reactions: jah
He was pretty good his rookie year

I remember his pick 6 in the largely meaningless week 17 game @HOU (which we lost in a very quintessential 2009 collapse). That was all I could think about the whole offseason after. Was pretty convinced he'd be a very good #1/2 CB.

I remember his pick 6 in the largely meaningless week 17 game @HOU (which we lost in a very quintessential 2009 collapse). That was all I could think about the whole offseason after. Was pretty convinced he'd be a very good #1/2 CB.
90 yard pick six if I remember right.

I was really hyped about a McCourty-Bodden-Butler trio the next season. That fell apart quick. Then the next year I was excited about a McCourty-Dowling-Bodden-Butler CB group, hoping Butler and Bodden and Butler would rebound. Butler didn't even make final cuts, Bodden didn't last on the roster much longer, and we know what happened to Ras-IR.

No wonder the 2011 secondary happened. It was one disappointment after another. :cool:

90 yard pick six if I remember right.

I was really hyped about a McCourty-Bodden-Butler trio the next season. That fell apart quick. Then the next year I was excited about a McCourty-Dowling-Bodden-Butler CB group, hoping Butler and Bodden and Butler would rebound. Butler didn't even make final cuts, Bodden didn't last on the roster much longer, and we know what happened to Ras-IR.

No wonder the 2011 secondary happened. It was one disappointment after another. :cool:

Yep. Somehow we were all fooled, myself included, into thinking Bodden was a reliable #1 based on one season when he was already old in CB years. The common belief in August 2010 was that Bodden would hold down #1, Butler had a lot of upside as #2, and McCourty would be the third guy while mostly playing ST.

Oops.

One of the best highlight video's I've seen.

One of my favorite plays was a punt return vs Philly that starts at 2:30-35. I remember laughing when I saw the play originally. He made them look silly. I think it was called back on a penalty though, but I still enjoyed it.

I hated it when David Givens left town. Despite the fact that injuries derailed his career shortly thereafter, he played with a lot of toughness and grit, while he was also a smart route runner.

Early 90's - Larry Whigham

Late 90's - Willie Clay

Early 00's - Dan Klecko

Late 00's - Jabbar Gaffney

Early 10's - KYLE LOVE <3 <3 <3

Late 10's - TBD

KYLE LOVE <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes