PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players we miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. I'm guessing BB thought Sergio Brown would have worked out. Just shows BB is human.

I know my thought process at the time was definitely that Sergio would step in and be fine. He had a promising 2010 as an undrafted rookie.

80's - Andre Tippett
90's - C-Mart
2000's- Corey Dillon/Wes
2010's- Collins

One of the best highlight video's I've seen.

Triple threat, jitterbugging, streaking open, stripping WRs. god he was the ultimate FOOTBALL PLAYER in a dimunitive package, but all heart. The only thing his career missed was sb MVP in the game he was player number 47. I'll never forgive parcells for that.

Early 90's - Larry Whigham

Late 90's - Willie Clay

Early 00's - Dan Klecko

Late 00's - Jabbar Gaffney

Early 10's - Kyle Love

Late 10's - TBD

Triple threat, jitterbugging, streaking open, stripping WRs. god he was the ultimate FOOTBALL PLAYER in a dimunitive package, but all heart. The only thing his career missed was sb MVP in the game he was player number 47. I'll never forgive parcells for that.

Pats are 3-0 with Troy on the active team roster, and active for the superbowl.
Pats are 0-2 with Troy on the active team roster, and inactive for the superbowl.

Willie MacGinest. After Belichick and Brady the most important component is their leadership in the lockerroom, and Belichick has installed and instilled that in every really good team they have had. Willie Mac was the sheriff and he set an example that lives to this day.

Vince Wilfork. There's only one.

Not necessarily the stars, the names, but the role players. Those guys who made a difference when given the chance.
It's hard to draw a line about who is a star or is a "name".

Was Kevin Faulk a star/name, or a role player?

In either case, I miss him, even though it's only been a couple of years.

Personally, I considered Troy Brown to be a star, especially early in his career.

Willie. He knew when to tell the rookies I get in their playbook and when to come back from "injury" to stomp Indy at the line. Or keep them from FG range. Leader. Producer.

I'd say the non stars would be players that at least never made the pro bowl so that would disqualify Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel. I'd love to have Tim Goad, Rosevelt Colvin and Vincent Brown back on this years team to beef up the defense.

Russ Francis.

When the Pats had him, like with Gronk, the Pats had that monster TE other teams feared.

From the Bledsoe era teams I used to really like Vincent Brisby and Chris Slade.
From the early Super Bowl years - Stephen Neal and JR Redmond

The one and only! :eek::D

33a5fgh.jpg

The non big names? David Givens, Ted Washington, David Patten, Otis Smith in no particular order.
Givens was my favorite of the dynasty era receivers. Uber clutch.

The one and only! :eek::D

33a5fgh.jpg

That guy had such a bad game that day.

But one thing he did that I'll remember him for is the fumble recovery against the Chargers. After Troy Brown stripped the interception Caldwell recovered it.

I always liked Darius Butler because he was a Connecticut guy but i'm glad to see he fixed himself and got paid.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Sanders didn't do much in Atlanta or Arizona.

Yeah. Just hard not to see him improving a safety group that eventually gave Matthew Slater heavy snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes