Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If they're still on the board at 32, what do you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to Ferrell in that scenario. Natural fit for us.

I'm 100% on board with that

Yea as you may have seen I'm a huge supporter of moving up and grabbing an impact player on the Dline.

With their secondary and LBs I think the 2019 NEP have an opportunity to be the best defense in the NFL next year. Just need another pass rusher and a fatty who can push the pocket.

I'm 100% on board with that

Yea as you may have seen I'm a huge supporter of moving up and grabbing an impact player on the Dline.

With their secondary and LBs I think the 2019 NEP have an opportunity to be the best defense in the NFL next year. Just need another pass rusher and a fatty who can push the pocket.

Hopefully Wise and Rivers can step up

best defense seems a bit optimistic but top 10 why not. Get a few good skill position players per trade and draft and we should be pretty good again

For sure. We’ve lost both experienced TEs, who happened to be excellent blockers, only 6 weeks after that physicality won them a SB. They most certainly need to replace 2 TEs.
I agree. Think LaCosse could be TE2 however him being TE3 would be better

I'm hopeful and like them both but I'm not expecting either one to be what Flowers was last year.
We got Bennett for that. if we get more from Wise (and Rivers) in 2019 plus draft 1 Edge and 1 DT we should be pretty decent

We got Bennett for that. if we get more from Wise (and Rivers) in 2019 plus draft 1 Edge and 1 DT we should be pretty decent
Hes 33 and I don't have confidence anyone opposite from Bennett can generate pressure consistently.

I'm hopeful and like them both but I'm not expecting either one to be what Flowers was last year.

Also can’t underestimate the loss of Flores. It’s Bill’s D, but will the team like playing for Schiano?

Hes 33 and I don't have confidence anyone opposite from Bennett can generate pressure consistently.

I never consider our pass rush great. We usually return about 20-22 sacks from the DL from the previous season. This is in line with that. Last year was 26.5 but Clayborn had 6 sacks in 1 game so it was pretty comparable as well.

Bennett, Wise, Simon, Rivers with some further developement from Wise (and Rivers) is solid to me. If we add a top 100 pick at DE to this mix I think we are in a familiar spot.

Also can’t underestimate the loss of Flores. It’s Bill’s D, but will the team like playing for Schiano?
You read the Reiss article this am?

My thoughts exactly.

I never consider our pass rush great. We usually return about 20-22 sacks from the DL from the previous season. This is in line with that. Last year was 26.5 but Clayborn had 6 sacks in 1 game so it was pretty comparable as well.

Bennett, Wise, Simon, Rivers with some further developement from Wise (and Rivers) is solid to me. If we add a top 100 pick at DE to this mix I think we are in a familiar spot.
Agree. I'm just not banking on Rivers and Wise improving or providing the kind of pressure Clayborn did let alone Flowers.

Bennett and Flowers played pretty much the same number of snaps but at 33 I wonder if that would be smart.

That would be fantastic... though, while I had more hope for Rivers a few yers ago - I think Wise is the one that'll ascend while Rivers continues to disappoint. Wish it weren't so.

That would be fantastic... though, while I had more hope for Rivers a few yers ago - I think Wise is the one that'll ascend while Rivers continues to disappoint. Wish it weren't so.

I think you'll be right. Wise think he will improve a decent bit in his 3rd season and potentially money season considering he could get extended after 2019. So I think from 5 to 7 or 8 sacks and more pressure.

You read the Reiss article this am?

My thoughts exactly.

After skimming the article, I am hopeful. Harmon and DMac had positive things to say about him. I’m more worried about the offense TBH.

If one of the top 3 TEs are there at 32, grab him. IF they feel they want to trade up for Fant or Hockenson, I'm all for it. IF not, grab the best Dlineman at 32. Then double up at TE/WR in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. If they keep their picks, preferably draft 3 WRs and 2 TEs out of their 12 picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade some picks for veterans at WR/TE though. And wouldn't be shocked if QB ISN'T addressed once again (I don't consider drafting Etling addressing the position)

After skimming the article, I am hopeful. Harmon and DMac had positive things to say about him. I’m more worried about the offense TBH.
...which is why we need a really, really good defense.

Might be 2003 all over again (which is not a bad thing)

Give me a four year starter or Josh Rosen at #32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft