Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If they're still on the board at 32, what do you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

50-yard-line

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of draft talk, of course, and I'm really curious as to how people think the Pats should go in Round 1. Trade? DL? OL? WR? TE?

Just trying to get some clarity.

Thanks.

What about Ray Lewis? I heard he killed a guy.
(I did vote, so I am contributing something positive to the discussion......)

Very impressed with all of you guys' knowledge of college players. I barely know the Pats roster... IN SEASON!!!

These conversations start? ...who to draft where... and I'm like...

ScornfulDrearyFulmar-size_restricted.gif

It's a pretty big roll of the dice, but I couldn't say no to Fant. IMO a dynamic, athletic playmaker at TE would be a high-impact upgrade to this roster--whether or not Gronk returns. And a 249-lb. player with that kind of speed and quickness is a matchup nightmare.

Very impressed with all of you guys' knowledge of college players. I barely know the Pats roster... IN SEASON!!!

These conversations start? ...who to draft where... and I'm like...

ScornfulDrearyFulmar-size_restricted.gif

But you at least openly state that you don't really have any insight. A lot of people are in your boat but instead of saying it outright they quickly skim some mock drafts and then fake it.

Good for you.

If Fant, Hoch and Smith are gone at 32...then Lawrence.

Last edited:
But you at least openly state that you don't really have any insight. A lot of people are in your boat but instead of saying it outright they quickly skim some mock drafts and then fake it.

Good for you.
I have no idea how to scout or what to look for in players in terms of projecting them forward. But we have a lot of very knowledgeable people in our own draft forum who clearly do. I’d trust their views, and specifically how they fit the Patriots, more than all of the generic mock drafts out there. I especially like when there’s disagreement amongst those people in the draft board - it really forces everyone to take a look at their evaluation technique to defend their views.

I too would want Fant, but after reading at least 10 different mocks they have him long gone by #32. I would trade up 4 or 5 picks and pick 2 higher #1's.

It's a pretty big roll of the dice, but I couldn't say no to Fant. IMO a dynamic, athletic playmaker at TE would be a high-impact upgrade to this roster--whether or not Gronk returns. And a 249-lb. player with that kind of speed and quickness is a matchup nightmare.
How good are his hands?

Fant. Whether Gronk retires or not they need s high quality young TE to replace him. Additionally it helps their receiving corps.

How good are his hands?

Good hands. He was oddly underutilized in college--perhaps not oddly, since he was the second-best TE on Iowa's roster! And he'll never be a classic all-around beast in the Gronk mode, but has a chance to be a serious weapon in the Jimmy Graham mode.

Edit: fyi every recent projection I've seen has Fant gone long before the Pats' pick.

Good for you.

Wow. I feel attacked.

Actually I don't try to act like I know **** because I never do. I just will watch some highlight videos before the draft and get excited about some guy who ends up a bust for another team. This approach has worked so far for me and for the Patriots so I'll keep doing it.

Depends on how the board falls -

Tilley, Lawerence, Fant, Wilkins, Hockenson, Sweat, Simmons, Baker.

My Top 5
  1. Simmons - Depends on how they feel about off field issue
  2. Hockenson/Fant
  3. Wilkins
  4. Tillery
  5. Sweat

Last edited:
Interesting 7 round mock draft at CBS Sports where the Pats trade their 2nd round pick #64 for Rosen.

I think that would be the ideal thing for us to do really if they would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back