Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If they're still on the board at 32, what do you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we go D-line or tight end with this pick. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if we traded either.

I think we go D-line or tight end with this pick. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if we traded either.
Agree. Bill wants an impact player on the line.

Set at ILB, CB, OLB, SS and FS

Might add a DMc and Chung replacement Day 2

I don’t think it will be DL because there is going to be such a big run on front 7 defenders that they would be getting the 4th or 5th best prospect at their position. That, however, is predicated on their board looking like the consensus choices at those positions. I think there is a strong likelihood they go offense in the 1st, as there should be better options at that point in the draft.

TJ Hockenson would be special in this offense. He’s the perfect BB TE other than Gronk or Bavaro.
I’d pick him over Fant. He finishes EVERY play.

I don’t think it will be DL because there is going to be such a big run on front 7 defenders that they would be getting the 4th or 5th best prospect at their position. That, however, is predicated on their board looking like the consensus choices at those positions. I think there is a strong likelihood they go offense in the 1st, as there should be better options at that point in the draft.
Agree. That's why they are moving up.

totally irrelevant

Hockenson will be long, long gone

Most likely, but you never know. Wilfork was a top 5 pick right up until a couple of weeks before the draft and then fell late. I was doing a dance watching him fall to the Patriots, and couldn’t believe it when Minnesota went DL and left Wilfork for the Patriots. If either of the Iowa TE’s fall to the Patriots I would take them.

TJ Hockenson is a more complete TE than Fant.

No question, he's one of the most complete TE prospects in years. But he wasn't one of the options in the poll. :)

I think of the draft as finding future starters. Is it your position that we are set at LB and S for 2020? I think that we need a top youngster at both positions.

Agree. Bill wants an impact player on the line.

Set at ILB, CB, OLB, SS and FS

Might add a DMc and Chung replacement Day 2

You believe the DL as currently constituted is good enough?
No. But to get a top 5 player will cost you the flexibility of this draft and your #1 next year. The DL need can be found not trading up or trading up a few spots.

No question, he's one of the most complete TE prospects in years. But he wasn't one of the options in the poll. :)
My apologies. I was under the impression that Fant was the considered (by NFL/collegiate pundits) the superior player and thus would be drafted higher. After further research, I see that most mocks have Hockenson being selected before Fant.

I think of the draft as finding future starters. Is it your position that we are set at LB and S for 2020? I think that we need a top youngster at both positions.

I think this draft has these best group of DL prospects in years and the NEP need to take advantage of it.

As I said earlier they can get a developmental, but talented player at S Day 2 as they won't play immediately anyway.

No. But to get a top 5 player will cost you the flexibility of this draft and your #1 next year. The DL need can be found not trading up or trading up a few spots.
How many cuts from last year's team are you projecting?

You have 12 picks. They aren't using them all. It'll cost them a first and a second to move to the low 20s.

I'm not saying move to the top 5. 15-20 is what I said.

As I think that you said, if the quality is there (as it seems that it is), a blue chip DL player is available by moving up (likely by using one of our seconds to get us up to the 18-21 range).

I think this draft has these best group of DL prospects in years and the NEP need to take advantage of it.

As I said earlier they can get a developmental, but talented player at S Day 2 as they won't play immediately anyway.

My binkie Tillery will be next Richard Seymour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents