PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT- Antonio Brown can return in 2 weeks (UPDATE: Signing w/Tampa)

No, Bill deserves criticism when it's warranted, particularly after the game last week, which might have been his worst while on the Pats sideline. I guess I just feel like you're seeing demons that aren't really there. Sure there are few guys that don't like Brady now that he's gone, but they're the exception. There are always going to be folks like that.
I believe his worst was SB LII and we all know the reason why.

I also blame him for Spygate. He cheated and singlehandedly brought down hell on his team and us too for years - completely unnecessary. Wanted him gone and thankfully the team had a different opinion.

I root for the Pats. In the absence of that, I root for Brady - the guy whose arm won the team 6 titles. The team that was historically a laughing stock before him. The team that was 5-11 the year before and whose coach was cruising toward a pink slip in 2002 until he came in and saved BB’s bacon. That people here actively root against him when it has zero effect on the Pats is disgraceful. That’s what happens when so many here are fans of the coach before the cloth.
Exactly

There are fans from all over the world and the United States posting here. Without any ties to the New England region. Why do you think they root for this team?

By the way, yes... there were/are also many of those same fans who were Brady fans before they were Pats fans.
Sure I get that. But if Bill left would there really be anyone who follows him out the door away from the team? Can’t see it.

Why do you think people on here are so obsessed with BB?

I do remember his popularity wasn't very good (media) prior to Brady taking over. Not sure about the fans since the Internet was in it's infancy stage.
I’m obsessed w BB because he is a brilliant winner. His singular focus on winning is a huge part of all the success.

His defensive game plans vs BUF (as DC of NYG) and vs STL in Feb 2002 were exceptional.

His teams rarely make stupid mistakes, he wins at an unbelievable clip... question could easily be : why are people not MORE obsessed ?

Last edited:
If BB left the Patriots and coached a team that was not a rival to the Pats I would certainly root for him to set the all-time win record. Much like how I root for Brady - not a high priority but everything being equal I prefer success. My football watching outside of the Pats has exclusively been rooting against teams vs rooting for teams but with TB and Gronk on the Bucs I now actually root for someone. I have actively rooted against Manning, the Colts, Jets, Steelers etc.. for decades but have never rooted for a 2nd team before now. Probably only a 3 on a 10 point scale of caring compared to rooting for the Pats but I still enjoy it.

One said last night he hoped Brown got Covid and gave it to Brady. And I’m “seeing demons who aren’t there?” Furthermore, how does this response back up your assertion that my narrative was “bizarre?” There’s nothing bizarre about it. I think you just saw negative words about Bill, all that were 100% true, and got a bit triggered.
I rest my case.

He's in a much better position than any of us to judge AB's character. Brady actually spent time with the guy. We just read what the NFL controlled media wanted us to hear about him.
Based on that logic the residents of Jonestown were in a better position to judge Jim Jones’ character than any of us. We just read what the reporters and Congressional delegation said about their visit to Jonestown.

Brady also spent time with Aaron Hernandez and didn’t seem to have any problems with his character either.

face it, Brady is about one thing: winning, and that takes having guys catch the footballs he throws. The better they are at that the more he will love them.

Based on that logic the residents of Jonestown were in a better position to judge Jim Jones’ character than any of us. We just read what the reporters and Congressional delegation said about their visit to Jonestown.

Brady also spent time with Aaron Hernandez and didn’t seem to have any problems with his character either.

face it, Brady is about one thing: winning, and that takes having guys catch the footballs he throws. The better they are at that the more he will love them.

I heard Brady was also pushing the team to sign Osama bin Laden at WR in 2001...

As well he should. Their job is to catch footballs. Their relationship is one of throwing footballs and catching them. The more they do that, the more they win. This is football, not a cult.

I’m obsessed w BB because he is a brilliant winner. His singular focus on winning is a huge part of all the success.

His defensive game plans vs BUF (as DC of NYG) and vs STL in Feb 2002 were exceptional.

His teams rarely make stupid mistakes, he wins at an unbelievable clip... question could easily be : why are people not MORE obsessed ?
I’ve no qualms with BB the coach. BB the coach is the GOAT. His method of preparation and his defenses are second to none. His knowledge of the game is unparalleled. BB the coach and I are cool. Now, BB the GM on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Especially as of late.

The defending of ABs character because brady likes him is bizarre. This is the same guy who a few months ago was throwing rocks at delivery drivers, throwing furniture out of windows and throwing "genital " shaped candies at police. Not to mention the sexual assault allegations and threatening a woman via text

Hes definitely not all there

I’ve no qualms with BB the coach. BB the coach is the GOAT. His method of preparation and his defenses are second to none. His knowledge of the game is unparalleled. BB the coach and I are cool. Now, BB the GM on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Especially as of late.
I think BB the GM is a HoFer. I know I’m not necessarily in the majority.

I don’t remember many posters finding 5 GMs in the history of the league that are / have been better. If posters do offer candidates, I’ll google their trades, FA pickups, signings, and picks and possibly reassess my opinion.

I think BB the GM is a HoFer. I know I’m not necessarily in the majority.

I don’t remember many posters finding 5 GMs in the history of the league that are / have been better. If posters do offer candidates, I’ll google their trades, FA pickups, signings, and picks and possibly reassess my opinion.
BB the GM is a HOFer because he caught lightning in a bottle in the 6th round 20 years ago. BB the GM has been so good otherwise that BB the head coach, the GOAT, has a sub-.500 career record without that lightning in a bottle 6th round pick.

BB the GM is a HOFer because he caught lightning in a bottle in the 6th round 20 years ago. BB the GM has been so good otherwise that BB the head coach, the GOAT, has a sub-.500 career record without that lightning in a bottle 6th round pick.
When posters start suggestion better GMs in league history, I’ll look up their record.

Many GMs and HCs in league history have benefitted from amazing QB play. Jimmy Johnson wasn’t much in MIA, for instance.

Cannot disagree with any of this. You've nailed it here.

LOL - his trial for rape starts in December

I really doubt there is even one poster here who is a fan of the coach before the New England Patriots. I do know there seems to be fans here of our former QB over the Patriots by their admission that they would not cheer for the Patriots or have difficulty doing so if we met our former QBs team in the SB .
Not speaking for anybody else, but I certainly would not hope for a Brady-led SB victory vs the Pats...But if not the Pats then hell yeah I'm hoping for #7 for Brady...as we all should...

Do any of ya’ll still believe Kraft cutting Antonio Brown WASN’T an issue last year for Brady?

Because a majority of you went to war declaring it to be the right move.

A year later, Brady is gone with AB on his new team and we completely suck.

Great call to all the anti-AB crowd...you all really look really smart now...:rolleyes:

lol.. it was a good idea to release him when they did, him coming off suspension over a year later doesn't change that

Brady .......embracing the Lebron formula?

My questioning of the Lebron GOAT narrative: Has there ever been a player who required more heaven and earth to be moved to get him his rings?
Tompa Boy now prefers this formula: Get me stars to make me look good. (AB, Gronk, Fournette, McCoy)

dude just call Fournette, McCoy, and a broken Gronk stars how embarrassing

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back