PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT- Antonio Brown can return in 2 weeks (UPDATE: Signing w/Tampa)

Unlikely in my view that AB lasts the season w/o a meltdown that ejects him. That stated it is clear now that a big factor in Brady's funk last season was the ejection of AB from the Pats. Brady is fixated on what AB brings to his, Brady's game. I no longer doubt that TFB was seriously pissed at Kraft & BB when he lost his dream weapon and had to settle for a wounded Squirrel & well below par at WR and TE. Even if BB had foolishly in my view overpaid Tom to stay, Tom would have accepted a Tamper offer.

I'm not a frequent poster but have lurked here for many years. I never rooted for any other team or QB than the Patriots and Brady. That said Brady is no longer a Patriot so I no longer root for him to win. In fact, I hope he loses. I'm thankful for Brady's 20 years and 6 rings BUT he's gone. If we are indeed sellers at the trade deadline I hope we send Gilmore to the Saints so I can see him trying to help shut Brady and the Bucs down. Yes, I'm going to cheer on the Saints to beat the Bucs. My first time cheering for another team. I do wish the Patriots were challenging Brady but I don't see that happening this year. I Don't want him to win another Super Bowl.
Ok it's time for you guys to crucify me :).

I'm not a frequent poster but have lurked here for many years. I never rooted for any other team or QB than the Patriots and Brady. That said Brady is no longer a Patriot so I no longer root for him to win. In fact, I hope he loses. I'm thankful for Brady's 20 years and 6 rings BUT he's gone. If we are indeed sellers at the trade deadline I hope we send Gilmore to the Saints so I can see him trying to help shut Brady and the Bucs down. Yes, I'm going to cheer on the Saints to beat the Bucs. My first time cheering for another team. I do wish the Patriots were challenging Brady but I don't see that happening this year. I Don't want him to win another Super Bowl.
Ok it's time for you guys to crucify me :).
I'll play Vlad the Impaler.
Big Brady fan here. Was a fan of Pats and their less than stellar QBs for years. Still root for the Pats. NFW would I root for Brees > TFB and I always liked Brees.
I am unaware of the Law of Conservation of Rooting Energy that prevents someone who appreciates excellence and is grateful for 2 decades of play from rooting for a former HOF Patriot as well as our team.
Go Cam!

Crucify you? Hell no. Welcome to the vocal minority on this site who feel the same way (although I'm not ready to give up on the Pats season yet). 1603555373770.gif

This league and the people that cover it for the media are bigger hypocrites that the people who run and want to run this country. They literally built a statue of a murderer in Baltimore but Brady is the a-hole? I can't pack my bags quick enough to get the fck out of the country. Too bad I'll have to wait till the plague is over...

Tried bumping up the Antonio Brown mega thread but I guess it’s in the NFL forum. Lol

Just to be clear. My allegiance is to the Patriots and always will be. My statements re: Saints is because I would rather see them win their division than the Bucs. I will root/cheer for any team against the Bucs. Again, I don't want to see Brady win another Super Bowl.

Just to be clear. My allegiance is to the Patriots and always will be. My statements re: Saints is because I would rather see them win their division than the Bucs. I will root/cheer for any team against the Bucs. Again, I don't want to see Brady win another Super Bowl.
Would rather see Brady win a SB than the Chiefs going back to back.

LOL @ anyone who thought Brown was coming here...

with the weapons and the defense Brady has, anything short of a super bowl would be a big hit on his reputation...

I am guessing he behaves this time but admit I thought he would with the Pats as well. We'll see.

The Patriot Brand? Gee.. does that just conveniently exclude one particular spa down Florida way? That is the height of hypocrisy.
As a Patriots' fan, IMHO, I have much less of an issue with the old, widowed owner indulging unsavory sexual acts than I do with a psychologically unstable player threatening women and their children, throwing objects out of multi-story buildings down towards innocent people on the ground, refusing to pay money for services ordered, and generally behaving in erratic and dangerous ways.

Again, maybe Brown got himself together mentally, but until I see it proven over the course of multiple months/years, I won't believe it. This guy has done nothing over the past 2-3 years to indicate he's mentally well; quite the contrary -- nearly all of his behavior has demonstrated that he's mentally/psychologically (and potentially neurologically) extremely ill.

I don't see him lasting very long with the Bucs (or any NFL team); the evidence of the past few years indicates as much.

I can guarantee you that Tom made it very clear to Arians and Licht to not even think about releasing Brown without Tom's approval. And people (fans, media, analysts) really thought Tom was not going to install an offense he's run for over 20 in NE? :rofl: The Bucs offense looks almost identical to NE's. How does a HC, who hasn't won anything as a HC, tell a GOAT QB with 6 rings "this is how we're doing things here?" :rofl: It's clear Tom runs the show like Manning did in Denver.

But the real test will be how Brown handles the media when a new story will randomly appear. There will be some triggered reporter that will try to dig up something to bait Brown to implode.

And I'm sure Tom warned Brown that this is his last shot so don't f**k it up!

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that Tom made it very clear to Arians and Licht to not even think about releasing Brown without Tom's approval. And people (fans, media, analysts) really thought Tom was not going to install an offense he's run for over 20 in NE? :rofl: The Bucs offense looks almost identical to NE's. How does a HC, who hasn't won anything as a HC, tell a GOAT QB with 6 rings "this is how we're doing things here?" :rofl: It's clear Tom runs the show like Manning did in Denver.

But the real test will be how Brown handles the media when a new story will randomly appear. There will be some triggered reporter that will try to dig up something to bait Brown to implode.

Yeah, that'll straighten his ass out. You don't mess with coach and GM Kyrie Brady...

I am guessing he behaves this time but admit I thought he would with the Pats as well. We'll see.
Wanna bet? He didn't behave with Belichick,
but he will with Arians?

As a Patriots' fan, IMHO, I have much less of an issue with the old, widowed owner indulging unsavory sexual acts than I do with a psychologically unstable player threatening women and their children, throwing objects out of multi-story buildings down towards innocent people on the ground, refusing to pay money for services ordered, and generally behaving in erratic and dangerous ways.

Again, maybe Brown got himself together mentally, but until I see it proven over the course of multiple months/years, I won't believe it. This guy has done nothing over the past 2-3 years to indicate he's mentally well; quite the contrary -- nearly all of his behavior has demonstrated that he's mentally/psychologically (and potentially neurologically) extremely ill.

I don't see him lasting very long with the Bucs (or any NFL team); the evidence of the past few years indicates as much.
The standards that he holds players wearing the uniforms of his franchise, he should have also applied to himself. He did not.

Did he punish himself? Not at all.

Also, as you are probably aware- Tyreek Hill also threatened his finance and abused his son, and received no punishment from the NFL.

Yeah, that'll straighten his ass out. You don't mess with coach and GM Kyrie Brady...
Are you referring to Brown?

And what's with the Kyrie reference?

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back