PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT- Antonio Brown can return in 2 weeks (UPDATE: Signing w/Tampa)

Also, as you are probably aware- Tyreek Hill also threatened his finance and abused his son, and received no punishment from the NFL.
And it's a recorded phone call you can go listen to on the internet.

The difference was the timing, as it was during the off season and the media didn't press the issue for some odd reason.

Brady got paid... did he leave a few dollars on the table? sure... but lets not kid ourselves, he made his money...

Love him? yup, always will ... doesnt mean i got to root for him...

If BB left to go coach another team, that me we all have to become fans of that team too?

where does it end?

should i root for the texans because romeo is there? tennessee because of vrabes? should i watch bspn because tedy is there? **** no
It’s kind of a slippery slope!

Good lord - some people here still think AB is a decent guy worth having around?

Putting aside your feelings about the validity of the lawsuit, the fact remains that he intimated one of his accusers via text and implicitly threatened her children.

I'm not saying the guy is beyond redemption but I don't want him playing for my (or any) football team. The guy isn't even remotely okay mentally. Maybe he got it together recently but if he's still in the same headspace as he's been for the past 2-3 years he won't last long on any team in the NFL.
While we go 8-8 with a football team full of upstanding citizens that the Cancel Culture that infects New England loves, the Bucs will be heading into the playoffs with an actual talented football team. Not to worry, though. N’Keal Harry seems well adjusted. I can tell by the look on his face as he’s plodding along, taking 15 seconds or more to leave my screen after the ball is snapped.

It's been like that since day 1. Shouldn't surprise anybody. Maybe Arians told Brady they'd sign Brown when available but the "we're not signing him" in March was just a ploy to get the media to drop it.

I'm not a frequent poster but have lurked here for many years. I never rooted for any other team or QB than the Patriots and Brady. That said Brady is no longer a Patriot so I no longer root for him to win. In fact, I hope he loses. I'm thankful for Brady's 20 years and 6 rings BUT he's gone. If we are indeed sellers at the trade deadline I hope we send Gilmore to the Saints so I can see him trying to help shut Brady and the Bucs down. Yes, I'm going to cheer on the Saints to beat the Bucs. My first time cheering for another team. I do wish the Patriots were challenging Brady but I don't see that happening this year. I Don't want him to win another Super Bowl.
Ok it's time for you guys to crucify me :).
This post is obviously a cry for attention. I highly doubt you were around for the whole dynasty. In fact, I'm sure you weren't. Call it a hunch.

Not really. Just a bit of hyperbole on my part.

People can root for who they want.
I root for the Pats. In the absence of that, I root for Brady - the guy whose arm won the team 6 titles. The team that was historically a laughing stock before him. The team that was 5-11 the year before and whose coach was cruising toward a pink slip in 2002 until he came in and saved BB’s bacon. That people here actively root against him when it has zero effect on the Pats is disgraceful. That’s what happens when so many here are fans of the coach before the cloth.

I root for the Pats. In the absence of that, I root for Brady - the guy whose arm won the team 6 titles. The team that was historically a laughing stock before him. The team that was 5-11 the year before and whose coach was cruising toward a pink slip in 2002 until he came in and saved BB’s bacon. That people here actively root against him when it has zero effect on the Pats is disgraceful. That’s what happens when so many here are fans of the coach before the cloth.
Why do you think people on here are so obsessed with BB?

I do remember his popularity wasn't very good (media) prior to Brady taking over. Not sure about the fans since the Internet was in it's infancy stage.

He's in a much better position than any of us to judge AB's character. Brady actually spent time with the guy. We just read what the NFL controlled media wanted us to hear about him.

In case there’s any doubt about the media’s biased, agenda based reporting, just consider the 8 years of fluff articles about how Antonio Brown is “fun” and a “great guy” while he was with Pittsburgh.

In case there’s any doubt about the media’s biased, agenda based reporting, just consider the 8 years of fluff articles about how Antonio Brown is “fun” and a “great guy” while he was with Pittsburgh.
Funny how it came out when he wanted to leave.

Your narrative is bizarre.

I get it.

I was sitting on those frozen aluminum benches, pissing on the back side of gillette because the bathrooms didnt work and the portapotties were more virulent than a whore at a sailors convention for a decade before Brady got here. Got to see my team in three Super Bowls; pretty fucking cool... love the guy.

But he left. I'm not rooting for him (or against him for that matter). I'm not bitter, I'm not angry. I haven't been pissing in the cheerios of those that do follow him in the Tompa thread...

If he makes it to the super bowl and New England doesn't? Sure I'd root for him then, but otherwise? Hes not a Patriot anymore. I got too many other things going on in my life than to worry about a quarterback for another team, even though the other qb is Brady.

I really doubt there is even one poster here who is a fan of the coach before the New England Patriots. I do know there seems to be fans here of our former QB over the Patriots by their admission that they would not cheer for the Patriots or have difficulty doing so if we met our former QBs team in the SB .

Not sure I would make the argument that one is somehow better than the other.

I don’t think anyone here is a fan of the coach before the New England Patriots. I do know for there are fans here of our former QB over the Patriots. Not sure I would make the argument that one is somehow better than the other.
There are many here who root for the coach before the Patriots. One’s name is, literally, BelichickFan. He was a Browns fan during Bill’s Cleveland days and followed him here.

“Players win games. Coaches lose games.”
-Bill Belichick

Yeah? How so? Because it mentions Bill in a negative light? Let’s have a conversation.
No, Bill deserves criticism when it's warranted, particularly after the game last week, which might have been his worst while on the Pats sideline. I guess I just feel like you're seeing demons that aren't really there. Sure there are few guys that don't like Brady now that he's gone, but they're the exception. There are always going to be folks like that.

No, Bill deserves criticism when it's warranted, particularly after the game last week, which might have been his worst while on the Pats sideline. I guess I just feel like you're seeing demons that aren't really there. Sure there are few guys that don't like Brady now that he's gone, but they're the exception. There are always going to be folks like that.
One said last night he hoped Brown got Covid and gave it to Brady. And I’m “seeing demons who aren’t there?” Furthermore, how does this response back up your assertion that my narrative was “bizarre?” There’s nothing bizarre about it. I think you just saw negative words about Bill, all that were 100% true, and got a bit triggered.

There are many here who root for the coach before the Patriots. One’s name is, literally, BelichickFan. He was a Browns fan during Bill’s Cleveland days and followed him here.

“Players win games. Coaches lose games.”
-Bill Belichick
I can see fans who won’t criticize Belichick. But I find it really hard to beleve that any Belichick fan wouldn’t also be a Pats fan.

If that is true and there are then I stand corrected.

I can see fans who won’t criticize Belichick. But I find it really hard to beleve that any Belichick fan wouldn’t also be a Pats fan.

If that is true and there are then I stand corrected.
There are fans from all over the world and the United States posting here. Without any ties to the New England region. Why do you think they root for this team?

By the way, yes... there were/are also many of those same fans who were Brady fans before they were Pats fans.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back