PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Brady wasn't disappointed because he knew the offense stunk. Resigned in a way. I don't think he comes back unless the TE & WR position is upgraded in a major way. And I don't blame him if hr doesn't return.

This matches my gut instincts/personal speculation. I think Brady, seeing the end of his career looming, was disappointed with the roster moves that reduced his opportunity to repeat. Specifically AB. I also think Belichick was right to send AB packing.

Beyond all that I think Belichick will flat out refuse to make commitments to a player in regards to how he will fill or maintain the other 52 roster spots in order to sign a player even if that player is Brady.

I'm pretty resigned to Brady seeking greener offensive pastures somewhere else as a result of the above impasse and I expect Kraft to flinch if it comes down to a battle of wills between him and Belichick over how to treat Brady. I think Kraft cares about legacy but he has to know that keeping the Belichick regime in place is much more likely to yield future championships than if he puts his foot down and demands that Brady be kept around.

“Yeah,” said Brady. “I think I’m just . . . I’ll explore those opportunities whenever they are. If it’s the Patriots, great. If that doesn’t work, I don’t know. I just don’t know. I love playing football. I still want to play football. I think I still can play at a championship level. I’ve just got to go do it. I’m motivated to get back to work and training.”

Hes going no where if you dont short change his offense again.

So some of us like myself who thought Brady would leave are not looking like idiots now. Getting my popcorn ready can't wait for the Homers to spin it... spin on.

“Yeah,” said Brady. “I think I’m just . . . I’ll explore those opportunities whenever they are. If it’s the Patriots, great. If that doesn’t work, I don’t know. I just don’t know. I love playing football. I still want to play football. I think I still can play at a championship level. I’ve just got to go do it. I’m motivated to get back to work and training.”

Hes going no where if you dont short change his offense again.

You here that GM\BB I hope Stidham is ready in your case.

Last edited:
You here that GM\BB I hope Stidham ready in your case.

If bill let's brady walk it's his own funeral.

There isnt a man on the planet at any given time in the history of this universe that could of worked with the offense he gave brady.

Replacing brady is one thing, replacing him and doing nothing else to improve the offense is suicide.

I dont know how to read into this. He isnt really deeply disappointed because there have been many issues this season including him,injuries etc . Plus coming off a superbowl win he realizes these happen. To extrapolate that he is unhappy with his weapons etc is just something i dont see. I see a guy who is tired from playing last two seasons and in a season which really never switched gears.

This matches my gut instincts/personal speculation. I think Brady, seeing the end of his career looming, was disappointed with the roster moves that reduced his opportunity to repeat. Specifically AB. I also think Belichick was right to send AB packing.

Beyond all that I think Belichick will flat out refuse to make commitments to a player in regards to how he will fill or maintain the other 52 roster spots in order to sign a player even if that player is Brady.

I'm pretty resigned to Brady seeking greener offensive pastures somewhere else as a result of the above impasse and I expect Kraft to flinch if it comes down to a battle of wills between him and Belichick over how to treat Brady. I think Kraft cares about legacy but he has to know that keeping the Belichick regime in place is much more likely to yield future championships than if he puts his foot down and demands that Brady be kept around.
If they pats had not won tthe SB last yr all this would be more logical. BB didnt do a good job this season just like brady has had bad games . If Brady holds this against BB and the patriots that THIS season he lost chance on a championship with so many injuries and gronk retirement then he is ireally shortsighted and I dont think he is. He has won a lot and knows how hard it is to win. He is taking the loss in stride . Thats all i read into this. Sometimes you have bad years. If 12-4 is bad.

then he is ireally shortsighted and I dont think he is.

Brady has what, 2 or 3 seasons left at most?

How on earth do you think that wouldn't make someone shortsighted?

Some of you have to realize Bill has to put a team together and not just load up on top players for Brady's sake.

Brady has what, 2 or 3 seasons left at most?

How on earth do you think that wouldn't make someone shortsighted?
I mean, if brady thinks his last few yrs past have been screwed by BB and the team. They have won a lot and a SB recently . So they tried AB. Didnt work. Gordon slipped. Gronk retirement late in march didnt help and did a poor job finding replacements.Wynn got hurt.Harry got hurt . Josh had a subpar season. This stuff happens. Hasnst happened here a lot but still . Pats have defied the norm for yrs.

Some of you have to realize Bill has to put a team together and not just load up on top players for Brady's sake.
Everyone had a bad yr. BB.Brady, the oline, josh . Purely on lack of weapons ,we didnt lose this yr. This team didn't execute at a high level at critical times after losing players like Gronk and had injuries all yr.

I mean, if brady thinks his last few yrs past have been screwed by BB and the team.

It's impossible to imagine a scenario where Brady believes that having lifted a 6th Lombardi under a year ago.

But as the time on his career winds down I think he's going to be far less patient with developing an offensive roster good enough to win with. This was a transition year for our offense and Belichick didn't get us the tools to score more than 13 points in a playoff game. That's got to be something Brady is thinking about as he figures out where he wants to spend the last 1-3 seasons he has left in the league.

And that Tom Brady have something to do with every Lombardi we won.:confused:

Classic Peter King. Asked the same softball questions as everyone else, received the same vague answers. Entire article of speculation based on the same things we’ve already heard from Brady, but in Peter King style of dropping a bunch of “derp, I don’t know anything, but imagine this” with a greatest hits of mainstream theories culled from a Google search.

Maybe the doofus can also update us how the footballs must have been tampered with by a human.

I think everyone realizes that.

Ultimately you have diverging goals when it comes to Belichick and Brady. Belichick has explicitly stated that they build a roster to compete year in and year out - specifically as regards cap management and building a locker room conducive to winning.

Brady is winding down his career and would like to lift another Lombardi.

Both are understandable goals. But they may not be compatible and I highly doubt Belichick is going to essentially give Brady say in roster building which is what I think it may take to get Brady to come back.

Belichick is always looking long term.

Brady for the first time in his career is looking short term.

Belichick is not going to change how he build champions to make Brady feel better. His responsibility is to the team and ensuring it is competitive for the long haul.

Belichick is always looking long term.

Brady for the first time in his career is looking short term.

Belichick is not going to change how he build champions to make Brady feel better. His responsibility is to the team and ensuring it is competitive for the long haul.

Bill isnt building a championship next year without brady.

So if he let's him go then it puts this ******** narrative to build.

Who are they gonna add to the offense next year that tops having brady out there?

Bill isnt building a championship next year without brady.

So if he let's him go then it puts this ******** narrative to build.

Who are they gonna add to the offense next year that tops having brady out there?

He’s also not building a champion if he has to pay Brady 30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes