PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King mock draft says Pats trade up to 13 and get Tua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he actually flat out said it was nothing more than his opinion; no inside info/sources at all. Would love to have Tua, but not at the cost it would take to acquire him having urgent needs throughout the roster.

Yeah, he actually flat out said it was nothing more than his opinion; no inside info/sources at all. Would love to have Tua, but not at the cost it would take to acquire him having urgent needs throughout the roster.
I’d usually agree 100%, but isn’t this the year to try something a bit crazy ? This team isn’t going to the SB. And maybe - if there ever was a draft to be daring, maybe this is it.

I prefer NE gets solid players that contribute 3-8 years, but unlike other seasons - when the SB was a real possibility/probability - 2020 and Tua doesn’t seem as far fetched as it would have...

I’d usually agree 100%, but isn’t this the year to try something a bit crazy ? This team isn’t going to the SB. And maybe - if there ever was a draft to be daring, maybe this is it.

I prefer NE gets solid players that contribute 3-8 years, but unlike other seasons - when the SB was a real possibility/probability - 2020 and Tua doesn’t seem as far fetched as it would have...
I’d love it to be honest, but it seems as though they like Stidham. That being said; if they’re going to go all out, QB is the position to do it at.

I’d love it to be honest, but it seems as though they like Stidham. That being said; if they’re going to go all out, QB is the position to do it at.
Many of us are hoping « it’s Stidham ». The likelihood of Brady being followed by a Pro Bowler is very small. And even Tua, despite his talent, is a roll of the dice... not only because of his injury history - but simply looking at past « chosen ones » from drafts that never turn out to be much more than ok.

I am hoping for a good D, a solid OL/running game, and as error free QB play as possible. That would already be quite an ask.

Why are we jumping that far up? Who's going to take a QB between 13 and 23?

And by the way, King's proposed trade is freakin' awful.

I think the answer to your first question is : half of the teams in the League would trade into one of those slots to grab Tua.

Desperate / incompetent GMs, crazy owners, coaches that think « they can save anyone with good teaching », fan/merchandise considerations.... the reasons are plentiful.

Any trade up should only be for Herbert.
And it looks like you would have to get to 3.
Which sounds insane as I say it.

Tua might be available at #23. He had a hip injury and those are very dangerous and with the lack of medical checks, I would think that a lot of teams are going to shy away from him. Any loss of blood supply to that area, and Tua will be done. Needless to say, his playing career will most likely not last past the age of 35.

Hopefully the kid is alright, but already undersized, and with a long history of injuries, don't be surprised if he is still on the board when the pats pick at #23. King is an idiot, and no way any team mortgages the future to trade up for him!

yes and know, definitely 2 sides to that coin. I'd love a big move to get a big name QB that could be the future, but you better hope that it turns into a hit or it will set this franchise even further back

On the other side of the coin, we really need more young talent, so trading away all of our picks to move up for 1 specific player could be a bit dangerous in that regards.. unless of course like I mentioned above, we hit it out of the park and that player turns into a franchise QB, then it was definitely worth it.. but still need to surround them with talent

I think this team is going to be fun to watch just from the personnel management side of things, watching young players fighting to carve out a role for themselves and defining the future direction of the team. I think the team is going to still be very competitive, but it's going to look a lot different and we might have to get used to a few more L's in the Loss column, but it will be interesting to watch unfold

These are only teams I could realistically see taking a QB:

#1 = Bengals - could move on from Andy Dalton
#3 = Lions - could they move on from Stafford? (unlikely)
#6 = Chargers - huge QB need, got rid of Rivers
#7 = Panthers - Huge QB need, got rid of Cam
#9,20 = Jaguars - Minshew their guy?
#11 = Jets - Will probably stick with Darnold (unlikely)
#12 = Raiders - Move on from Carr? (unlikely)
#14 = Buccaneers - still need a long term QB, unlikely to take in 1st round
but have boat loads of cap room so you never know, especially if one falls
#23 = Patriots - need QB if Stidham isnt the guy
#24 = Saints - need long term QB
#29 = Titans - need long term QB, unless tanehill is their guy?

Miami? = Have three 1st round picks (5,18,26). Might go QB if they aren't sold
on Rosen being the guy

Who knows what scenario could unfold. How about the Dolphins know he will slide too so they use their top pick on defense then take Tua at 18 or even trade slightly up from there to prevent us from leaping them.

Vegas maybe.

Another team tries to trade ahead of us.

These are only teams I could realistically see taking a QB:

#1 = Bengals - could move on from Andy Dalton
#3 = Lions - could they move on from Stafford? (unlikely)
#6 = Chargers - huge QB need, got rid of Rivers
#7 = Panthers - Huge QB need, got rid of Cam
#9,20 = Jaguars - Minshew their guy?
#11 = Jets - Will probably stick with Darnold (unlikely)
#12 = Raiders - Move on from Carr? (unlikely)
#14 = Buccaneers - still need a long term QB, unlikely to take in 1st round
but have boat loads of cap room so you never know, especially if one falls
#23 = Patriots - need QB if Stidham isnt the guy
#24 = Saints - need long term QB
#29 = Titans - need long term QB, unless tanehill is their guy?

Miami? = Have three 1st round picks (5,18,26). Might go QB if they aren't sold
on Rosen being the guy
interesting thought. #14 Bucs could be in play for a QB like Tua. Sit a couple years behind Brady and learn/heal. I doubt he falls that far but you see it every draft where a guy falls for whatever reason.

Peter King is an expert at cuddling with Goodell, sugary coffee-based drinks, and finger-wagging at the riff-raff. There are probably 500 members of this forum who spend more time analyzing college prospects more than this "professional analyst," and specifically relative to the Pats, he has as much of an "in" with BB as does NEM.

I think it's more likely the Patriots acquire Josh Rosen from the Dolphins after Miami draft Tua.

Tua might be available at #23. He had a hip injury and those are very dangerous and with the lack of medical checks, I would think that a lot of teams are going to shy away from him. Any loss of blood supply to that area, and Tua will be done. Needless to say, his playing career will most likely not last past the age of 35.

Hopefully the kid is alright, but already undersized, and with a long history of injuries, don't be surprised if he is still on the board when the pats pick at #23. King is an idiot, and no way any team mortgages the future to trade up for him!
I would really like to know if this kid is healthy.

I can't shake the feeling that there's a Mariota trapped in Tua's body...

King himself is awful and on my media hit list, which has grown over the years.

IMHO Tua probably won't last in the NYFL and isn't worth the picks he'd demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back