PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King mock draft says Pats trade up to 13 and get Tua

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots will give up numerous draft picks for Tua and he will prove to
be on IR most of his career.

There are few things in professional sports more worthless than a mock draft.

Yeah, he actually flat out said it was nothing more than his opinion; no inside info/sources at all. Would love to have Tua, but not at the cost it would take to acquire him having urgent needs throughout the roster.
I wouldn’t be shy to trade up for a QB but I’m not convinced about Tua. Injury concerns. But considering we are a treadmill team I’d be more than okay with sacrificing areas of the current roster for the QB of the future.

Wouldn’t it be funny if we trade up with tua on the board only to take Kinlaw?

patriots taking a player with a huge injury risk that probably won't pay off high in the draft?

yeah sounds plausible.

Trade up with what?

# 23 and the NE 2021 Ist rounder?

Makes no sense. Stidham would be a dead man walking with Tua on the roster.

Why are we jumping that far up? Who's going to take a QB between 13 and 23?

And by the way, King's proposed trade is freakin' awful.

???

Anyone who wants a quarterback. Others teams are capable of trading up.

Trade up with what?

# 23 and the NE 2021 Ist rounder?

Makes no sense. Stidham would be a dead man walking with Tua on the roster.

It would be terrible to have spent a 4th on a backup QB. ???

Latest rumor is he falls out of the top 15. Worth the risk to move up and get him if that happens IMO.

My Mock Post-Draft Mock Draft Rankings have Peter King looking like a fool for the 15,891st consecutive time.

Didn't both Vince and Jackson fall into the Pats lap around pick#21 ?

The Niners don't have picks in the 2nd....and neither do we. So, we ain't trading with the Niners.

That being said, I am not entirely opposed to rolling the dice on Tua. Gonna be a weird season anyway...if there is a season. And we will be in much better place cap-wise next year to hit it hard in FA.

It would be terrible to have spent a 4th on a backup QB. ???

You have just created a QB controversy.

Every Stidham mistake and the masses would calling for Tua. Furthermore, Tua cost not only one 1st round pick, but two. The whole farm is bet on him to succeed.

I dont like dual threat QBs to begin with. When they get to the NFL they find out right quick that everyone is fast and can hit. Lamar Jackson is going to find out what's up just like the education Mike Vick and RG3 recieved

Next years draft is supposed to be a rich QB pool. The Pat's have so many other needs to not be spending 1st round picks like drunken sailors who just landed in town.

Peter King is an expert at cuddling with Goodell, sugary coffee-based drinks, and finger-wagging at the riff-raff. There are probably 500 members of this forum who spend more time analyzing college prospects more than this "professional analyst," and specifically relative to the Pats, he has as much of an "in" with BB as does NEM.
PK ..... Ned Beatty’s stunt double in “Deliverance”
Just sayin

You have just created a QB controversy.

Every Stidham mistake and the masses would calling for Tua. Furthermore, Tua cost not only one 1st round pick, but two. The whole farm is bet on him to succeed.

I dont like dual threat QBs to begin with. When they get to the NFL they find out right quick that everyone is fast and can hit. Lamar Jackson is going to find out what's up just like the education Mike Vick and RG3 recieved

Next years draft is supposed to be a rich QB pool. The Pat's have so many other needs to not be spending 1st round picks like drunken sailors who just landed in town.

I would expect Tua to start and for Stidham to be the backup.

It is not at all unusual for a franchise quarterback to cost the draft value of the 10th pick in the draft, or even lower.

Love how many people are convinced that Tua, an extremely talented player and one of the most successful college quarterbacks of all-time, is destined to bust but are excited for the 4th rounder who did nothing at all in college and whose only snaps in anger ended with a pick six. I don't know where this idea Stidham is some super prospect came from. The heavy likelihood - just based off the history of 4th rounders - is that he'll suck, and he might even be embarrassing.

I’d usually agree 100%, but isn’t this the year to try something a bit crazy ? This team isn’t going to the SB. And maybe - if there ever was a draft to be daring, maybe this is it.

I prefer NE gets solid players that contribute 3-8 years, but unlike other seasons - when the SB was a real possibility/probability - 2020 and Tua doesn’t seem as far fetched as it would have...

2020 season is toast. Salary cap opens up in 2021. We all know that.

These are only teams I could realistically see taking a QB:

#1 = Bengals - could move on from Andy Dalton
#3 = Lions - could they move on from Stafford? (unlikely)
#6 = Chargers - huge QB need, got rid of Rivers
#7 = Panthers - Huge QB need, got rid of Cam
#9,20 = Jaguars - Minshew their guy?
#11 = Jets - Will probably stick with Darnold (unlikely)
#12 = Raiders - Move on from Carr? (unlikely)
#14 = Buccaneers - still need a long term QB, unlikely to take in 1st round
but have boat loads of cap room so you never know, especially if one falls
#23 = Patriots - need QB if Stidham isnt the guy
#24 = Saints - need long term QB
#29 = Titans - need long term QB, unless tanehill is their guy?

Miami? = Have three 1st round picks (5,18,26). Might go QB if they aren't sold
on Rosen being the guy

Imagine being Rosen if the Fins take an early 1st round QB...2 years in a row. I can't recall a top 10 QB being traded the year after the draft, let alone 2 years or maybe not traded but being on another roster where a QB is taken in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft