PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King mock draft says Pats trade up to 13 and get Tua

Status
Not open for further replies.
King himself is awful and on my media hit list, which has grown over the years.

IMHO Tua probably won't last in the NYFL and isn't worth the picks he'd demand.

Agree 100%.

Does Saban tout Tua as the second coming? If so, I think that's your answer.

Imagine being Rosen if the Fins take an early 1st round QB...2 years in a row. I can't recall a top 10 QB being traded the year after the draft, let alone 2 years or maybe not traded but being on another roster where a QB is taken in the 1st round.

He's really bad, not much else to say. A mea culpa there, I thought he was a great prospect.

Anybody that thinks a top 3 WB prospect isn’t getting drafted in the top 10 is an utter fool and shouldn’t be taken seriously

I would expect Tua to start and for Stidham to be the backup.

It is not at all unusual for a franchise quarterback to cost the draft value of the 10th pick in the draft, or even lower.

Will the 23 pick and a 2021 1st rounder even be enough to land Tua? My guess is not enough.

Stidham has been in the system for 1 year already and he has 1 training camp under his belt. Tua may have to go through a revised training camp this season because of Wuhan. Throwing Tua out there like that is not the way BB does business.

I think it's more likely the Patriots acquire Josh Rosen from the Dolphins after Miami draft Tua.
That would be an interesting move. I wouldn't trade picks for him though. Let Miami cut him first, then try to grab him in waivers. Well, if a 7th round pick would get him I'd do it, but of course since its in division, Miami would want more from us.

That being said, if Miami is looking to move on from him, that doesn't say much for him.

Will the 23 pick and a 2021 1st rounder even be enough to land Tua? My guess is not enough.

Stidham has been in the system for 1 year already and he has 1 training camp under his belt. Tua may have to go through a revised training camp this season because of Wuhan. Throwing Tua out there like that is not the way BB does business.
Honestly, if we are moving up from 23 to 13, I wouldn't give up next year's 1st round pick too. Maybe 23, a third, and 2nd round pick next year. I don't think Tua is going to be much of a factor this year for any team. I think he'll sit for most of the year, and maybe start the last game like Mahomes did in 2017.

Peter the Queen of All sports Media...haven't read his suckage in over a dozen years now...Don't drink coffee or snobby beers, so I'm not missing anything either...

BB’s picks in the 1st round have been very “meh” for the last 5 years, and the 2nd round hasn’t been much better.

If Tua drops, giving up next years 1st is a no brainer. I’d give up a potential Dominique Easley, Sony Michele, Nate Solder etc. to take a chance on one of the most highly touted QB prospects to come out in the last decade.

Tua’s concerns are the injuries obviously, but most of his injuries have come from him trying to do too much and extend the play. That’s coachable IMO.

I also don’t see this team having a worse record than 6-10 with how mediocre the AFC East is, and the defence is still very good. That wouldn’t be bad enough for Lawrence anyways.

If Tua makes it to 13, then 10 teams do not know what they are doing. Tua is ubber talented and can make all the throws.

after pick 31, San Fran is toast until the fifth round. Clearly they are looking for more picks in this draft. I doubt we would be able to accommodate them sufficiently.

King owes his whole career to Parcells for giving him the time of day. He’s been ok over the years but in general, I hate how a lot of these famous reporters have gone to the think pieces and people eat it up like candy.

As far as Tua? I’m pretty sure they’ve done their homework and Bill has probably gotten the most honest assessment from Saban regarding the injury and the player. My opinion is only based on what I’ve read, so all I can think about is Bo Jackson and Dennis Pita and how serious and unpredictable the injury is.

I’ve come around on the idea of Tua. If he is sitting there at 10 for Cleveland I would offer something like 23 + 139 + Thuney. It’s rare to get a shot at a talent like Tua so it might be worth the risk.

I’ve come around on the idea of Tua. If he is sitting there at 10 for Cleveland I would offer something like 23 + 139 + Thuney. It’s rare to get a shot at a talent like Tua so it might be worth the risk.
Exactly. Get the QB situation right, then let everything else play out accordingly. BB is a master at acquiring/manipulating assets; especially with the comp pick system. Talents like this don’t come around often (until next year :D).

It’ll be tough to include Thuney in a draft day, spur of the moment trade. Any team interested in Thuney would want some time to work out a deal with him beforehand.

BB isnt going to trade a sht ton of assets for one player when you have other needs that need to be met.

BB loves left-handed punters, now he’ll take a left-handed QB :D

Jk

Please happen..

BB isnt going to trade a sht ton of assets for one player when you have other needs that need to be met.

Franchise QBs are not just one player though.

Watch us be in position to draft him and trade back.

I have a feeling he trades out of first and gets a second and more....talent deep at other positions where he can get good value at WR and pick up competition for Stidham later......#23 is worth over 1400 value on draft charts........does he have something worked out already for Thuney or Jules.......Plenty of ???? when it comes to what BB pulls out of his hat on draft day......I think Friday is where he gets value.........Tonite probably a snoozer for Pats fans, but WTF do I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes