PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade LeKevin Smith to Broncos [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: LeKevin Traded to Denver

I'd rather have Moss than TBC as a hybrid DE/OLB.

You seem down on TBC - but he was looking quite good the other nite. After seeing his performance, I'm willing to pencil him in as a lock, when since the Burgess trade, I otherwise wouldn't have fully expected him on the 53.

You seem down on TBC - but he was looking quite good the other nite. After seeing his performance, I'm willing to pencil him in as a lock, when since the Burgess trade, I otherwise wouldn't have fully expected him on the 53.

I've never been high on TBC, and see him as very one-dimensional. I understand he looked good the other night (didn't get to see the game) and agree that he is likely (though not a lock) to make the final 53 right now, but personally I'd rather go with someone with more upside. Just my personal bias.

Nice, after preseason game 1 I figured that Smith might be on the outside looking in (Brace and Pryor looked too good), but this move will be good for him. I think that he's good enough to be a solid rotation player somewhere, but he wasn't going to be one here unless Wilfork and Seymour left.

I've never been high on TBC, and see him as very one-dimensional. I understand he looked good the other night (didn't get to see the game) and agree that he is likely (though not a lock) to make the final 53 right now, but personally I'd rather go with someone with more upside. Just my personal bias.

The problem with the notion of Jarvis Moss is that, while you may believe TBC to be one-dimensional, Moss is none-dimensional.

This is good. I was never high on Le Kevin Smith anyway and had projected him getting cut.

Never high on LeKevin ? What makes you say that ? Haha ! he may very well be a solid contributor for Denver, but yeah... not a lot of difference for Ne in the end.

Anyone find it kinda weird that he WAS starting last Thursday ?

The problem with the notion of Jarvis Moss is that, while you may believe TBC to be one-dimensional, Moss is none-dimensional.

Nice line. :D

Fox sports says it is a 2010 5th, with the Pats sending Smith and a 2010 7th.

LINK

That pick will be sent to Oakland.

So, basically, we get our 4th back.

Kind of like getting a 4th rounder for Smith and a throwaway 7th. Not bad... though one way or another we were going to acquire a 5th to make that return happen.

I mourn for said nameless board member. Poor guy, not gonna be a good day for him.

He's been pretty scarce around here for a while.
This will not help.

For the record, as much as some of us like LeKevin Smith, and as much as I suppose there's some potential there, getting a 5th round pick for him is PHENOMENAL, given we were going to cut him anyway. Any Patriots fan not dancing in the streets over this move has some reconsidering to do - something along the lines of "I wonder if I know ANYTHING about football whatsoever..."

Last edited:
IMO the front office knows what thay are doing and that is good enough for me..More Koolaid Please :D

This is a good deal for both teams. The Patriots pick up the 5th pick they were lacking for a bubble player and the Broncos pick up a solid Dliner which they really needed.

Exactly. TBC has some use. Jarvis Moss, as of this point, may not even be an NFL backup quality player.

LeKevin is going to be a good player for Denver. One preseason performance does not make a career. He played very well in REAL NFL REGULAR SEASON action. He's a good pickup.

I agree - but one play with the quick hitter handoff where the RB scooted through a massive hole.. Adalius had outside - not sure he was doing a good job there. but Smith was completely manhandled (or was he held?) - anyway Adalius looked to be schooling him verbally right afterwards

This is a good deal for both teams. The Patriots pick up the 5th pick they were lacking for a bubble player and the Broncos pick up a solid Dliner which they really needed.

I wonder if the Broncos had tried for Wright and Smith instead of smith and a seventh rounder?

That would be tremendous, but doubtful given that Smith was originally a 6th rounder and was likely to be a cut on the final 53 man roster. More likely a 7th rounder conditionally upgradeable to a 5th depending on performance. If Smith does well for Denver than we could end up with that 5th rounder after all.

I would have been interested in a direct swap of Smith for Jarvis Moss, but I suspect I wouldn't have much company in that regard. I'd rather have Moss than TBC as a hybrid DE/OLB.

So would I....

doubt he'll do well in denver

ex pats = usually crap out around the league (players and coaches)

This trade irks me just a little. I realize LeKevin mostly likely would not have made the squad this year but he was pretty good and seemed like he made strides in the time he was here. Him and Mike Wright developed very well, but why did he have to go to the Broncos. I watched the Broncos preseason game to check out the competiiton and because i like watching all the football i can. Unfortunately, i have to admit that there defense looked much improved even though this was preseason and Moreno showed ridiculous burst through the holes.

So i hate the idea of us helping them improve when we could realistically meet them in the playoffs. We'll mostly likely crush them but that is not the point.

FWIW:

Denver owns Dallas' 5th round pick. BUT they traded their 5th rounder to Detriot. So they could trade that away to the Pats for LeKevin, and the Pats can send that to Oakland and get their 4th back.

Great source for traded draft picks:
Great Blue North Draft Report

FWIW:

Denver owns Dallas' 5th round pick. BUT they traded their 5th rounder to Detriot. So they could trade that away to the Pats for LeKevin, and the Pats can send that to Oakland and get their 4th back.

Great source for traded draft picks:
Great Blue North Draft Report
So when we pass this pick on to Oakland, it will make sense as this is a bottom half #5. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back