PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade LeKevin Smith to Broncos [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Wright was servicable; better at rushing the QB than LeKevin, but not as stout at the POA. As a NT, he was an absolute joke; LeKevin was much, much better as Wilfork's sub.
Are you stoned? Sheesh! Wright was/is a far better 3-4 NT than LeKevin. LeKevin didn't start to stand out until he got reps at DE, then he suddenly started looking like a kid who could play at this level. I've yet to recall a single instance where LeKevin played NT in a regular season game (or didn't stink at NT in a preseason game), whereas Wright has started and subbed for Wilfork a fair bit.

Last season Wright seemed to struggle more playing for Ty Warren, that was when LeKevin got it done. It's reached the point that if I was building a team today, I'd take LeKevin as a DE and Wright as a reserve NT/DE.

what a bunch of horshe****.

must be a typo or something.
This is just McD's way of making sure Chicago regrets Cutler and Denver remains competitive against KC (SD will implode on their own schedule).

They are both DEs when we line up in our real defense, the 34.

Hmm.. Guess you missed the quote from Randy Cross which BB told him that BB had given Pees the ok to use the 4-3 almost exclusively...

I think that I'd continue to play Wheatley in the 4th quarter. He has a long way to go before he is ready for productive reps.

Personally, I wouldn't play any of our top seven defensive backs (4 cb's and 3 safeties) in the second half of any of the preseason games. As I indicated, I rather play one of the scrub safeties at corner or nickel than risk injuries to our top seven.

You're right, of course, that the aforementioned trio do need the reps. My concern is that one of the first 5 suffers an injury during the 4th quarter because nobody else is avail. to finish the game.

I really, really wish that the owners would vote to expand the TC rosters back to 90, the limit when NFLE exemptions were counted.

Hmm.. Guess you missed the quote from Randy Cross which BB told him that BB had given Pees the ok to use the 4-3 almost exclusively...

Could you supply a link

Are you stoned?
I wish.

Sheesh! Wright was/is a far better 3-4 NT than LeKevin. LeKevin didn't start to stand out until he got reps at DE, then he suddenly started looking like a kid who could play at this level. I've yet to recall a single instance where LeKevin played NT in a regular season game (or didn't stink at NT in a preseason game), whereas Wright has started and subbed for Wilfork a fair bit.
And was destroyed at the LOS each and every time.

Last season Wright seemed to struggle more playing for Ty Warren, that was when LeKevin got it done.
LeKevin's body type more closely resembles Ty Warren's anyway, so that kinda makes sense that he would have some success at that position.

It's reached the point that if I was building a team today, I'd take LeKevin as a DE and Wright as a reserve NT/DE.

Repeat after me: Mike Wright is NOT a NT...Mike Wright is NOT a NT...

I think that I'd continue to play Wheatley in the 4th quarter. He has a long way to go before he is ready for productive reps.

Personally, I wouldn't play any of our top seven defensive backs (4 cb's and 3 safeties) in the second half of any of the preseason games.

As I indicated, I rather play one of the scrub safeties at corner or nickel than risk injuries to our top seven.

I kinda agree with the first part, completely agree with the second part, and if it becomes necessary, the third part too.

Repeat after me: Mike Wright is NOT a NT...Mike Wright is NOT a NT...
Repeat after me, he's played it well enough to help the team win games - he's far better than you've given him credit. Happily for you, NE drafted a likely prospect to upgrade that role, so patience - sip some tea with honey for that poor throat abraided by the many moans - all will soon be more to your liking along the line.

Mr. Box, I gotta admit: I love your attitude. And I hope that for our sake you're correct, on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft