PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People trying to downplay Collins performance this year and certainly his ability are lying to themselves. This is ****ing nuts.

the same posters think chris long is a better player than chandler jones.

meanwhile, our pass rush stinks.

I don't get it either, but you've gotta go with Belichick's judgement on this one. He's playing 150 dimensional chess.

Listen, I'm the last person that's going to argue with probably the greatest NFL coach that's ever walked the planet - but people get stuff wrong. We're human and our judgement can sometimes be flawed, even if we're the best at something.

Like I said in the other thread, hopefully something is lined up, because right now this appears to be madness.

People trying to downplay Collins performance this year and certainly his ability are lying to themselves. This is ****ing nuts.

Collins' play was down from last year (Not surprising, given his injury situation) . People denying that are the ones lying to themselves.

Compensatory 3rd doesn't mean Compensation pick. Cleveland has multiple 3rd round picks. Compensatory 3rd means that the pick will be based on how Collins performs for them..
So I've been mulling this over, are you sure this is right? Usually "conditional" is the term used for performance-based compensation. I still haven't seen the word "compensatory" clarified anywhere -- it's still ambiguous to me.

Listen, I'm the last person that's going to argue with probably the greatest NFL coach that's ever walked the planet - but people get stuff wrong. We're human and our judgement can sometimes be flawed, even if we're the best at something.

Like I said in the other thread, hopefully something is lined up, because right now this appears to be madness.
I read it was mutual, Bill wanted him gone and he wanted to go, if he don't want to be here on the program why would you keep him around?

Some of BB's "head scratchers" have turned out to be good moves...some not so good...the jury is still out on one or two others...

I've never claimed to know enough to second guess him...ok...if he traded any of the players on Deus' list this week, I'd second guess him...but it would take a lot...

Collins' play was down from last year (Not surprising, given his injury situation) . People denying that are the ones lying to themselves.

I disagree, seemingly so do many others here and elsewhere.

But, unless attitude is an issue, its a reasonable bet that he could have been at the top of his game, or near it, by the post-season. At the end of the day, that is really what this is about, what he would bring to the post-season. Not having him here isn't going to change the regular season enough to matter.

Quite a few of us have been less than impressed with him this year. Admittedly, that is parlty due to high expectations, but I was already becoming more and more ok with the likelihood he would be gone after this year.

I'm surprised, not shocked, and definitely not panicking.

I disagree, seemingly so do many others here and elsewhere.
Oh, there is no question he hasn't been playing at the same level as last year. He was a beast last year. He had beastly moments this year. Not saying he sucked this year, I'm saying the bar is really high from how he played last year, and he is below it.

But, unless attitude is an issue, its a reasonable bet that he could have been at the top of his game, or near it, by the post-season. At the end of the day, that is really what this is about, what he would bring to the post-season. Not having him here isn't going to change the regular season enough to matter.

It seems clear, assuming reports are accurate, that this was essentially about 2 things:

Signing problem
Either a failure to buy in or, more likely, a drifting apart

The second problem is more likely to be the one that would lead to jettisoning him mid-season.

So I've been mulling this over, are you sure this is right? Usually "conditional" is the term used for performance-based compensation. I still haven't seen the word "compensatory" clarified anywhere -- it's still ambiguous to me.

You are correct about conditional picks v compensatory picks.

Then you're wrong.

I disagree. And your 'opinion' is worth no more than mine, no matter what you think or believe.

We shall agree to disagree, good day sir.

jamie must of said something really bad to bill/MP
Yeah he must have and BB punished him by sending him to cleveland, the worst team in football. Collins was a pro bowler last year i think its entirely possible the pats could have traded collins to another team (maybe even for better comp) but chose to send him to football hell.

It seems clear, assuming reports are accurate, that this was essentially about 2 things:

Signing problem
Either a failure to buy in or, more likely, a drifting apart
And I think the later was materializing as an attitude or effort issue, because just not wanting to be here in 2017 wouldn't be reason to trade him today.

Cannot believe this trade, I'd say there was more chance of that idiot Bieber kid walking in to a fish and chip shop in Glasgow and ordering a deep fried Haggis.

Hang on..

I disagree. And your 'opinion' is worth no more than mine, no matter what you think or believe.

We shall agree to disagree, good day sir.

It's obvious to anyone with eyes that Collins' play hasn't been as good.

None of us are insiders, but I think it's fair to believe attitude was a factor. I'd guess it was the determining factor. If that IS the case, and a move needed to be made, then so be it. But an offer of 11M per year suggests the team wanted him around.

Of course - as we all know - it's impossible to believe any of the reports. It's a curious case & I doubt we ever find out the entire truth.

I'll be reading the BB tell-all if he ever decides to write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST