PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB must have been PISSED at JC to send him to CLEVELAND, an 0-8 team. That also sends QUITE the message. You don't perform, no matter who you are, you are GONE, and if you be an a-hole about it (presuming?) then I will stuff you in the worst hell hole I can find

I hope JC enjoys all the extra money and perhaps individual stats, plus being on a team that is a perennial loser, instead of being happy on a winning team, with decent money, and always having a shot at glory.

I read he didn't particularly like living in NE, and it does have it's drawbacks, but CLEVELAND is certainly a bunch of rungs down the ladder. SOrry to see him go, but this was his own doing, for sure. I'd bet anything the Pats would loved to have been able to keep him

Yeah he must have and BB punished him by sending him to cleveland, the worst team in football. Collins was a pro bowler last year i think its entirely possible the pats could have traded collins to another team (maybe even for better comp) but chose to send him to football hell.
No way. BB would not hurt his team by getting less in trade to send a player somewhere bad.
The fact that its Cleveland is because Cleveland made the best offer.

It's obvious to anyone with eyes that Collins' play hasn't been as good.

I disagree. Again, we shall agree to disagree. Good day.

And I think the later was materializing as an attitude or effort issue, because just not wanting to be here in 2017 wouldn't be reason to trade him today.

That seems to be the direction Lombardi was heading with his comments.

I don't get the article, we are the #3 defense in the NFL what are they trying to improve? I hope this gamble pays off, I don't like being a seller when you are the favorite to win the Super Bowl. I'd rather keep the extra talent and insurance against injuries during the run in leu of better draft position.

A Cleveland 3rd rd pick is more like a late second round pick and if we got a 4th compensation pick for letting him go that's basically like a 5th rd pick. I can see why he did it... Just not sure the gamble is worth the compensation during this run

Yeah he must have and BB punished him by sending him to cleveland, the worst team in football. Collins was a pro bowler last year i think its entirely possible the pats could have traded collins to another team (maybe even for better comp) but chose to send him to football hell.
You seriously propose that BB hurt his team by accepting less value than he could have otherwise obtained in order to punish a former player?

Is there a link to the Lombardi interview?

Edit: nvm found it

Check out @TheHerd's Tweet:

No way. BB would not hurt his team by getting less in trade to send a player somewhere bad.
The fact that its Cleveland is because Cleveland made the best offer.
i see your point.

i have to admit this news was not expected...schocked...:eek:

It seems clear, assuming reports are accurate, that this was essentially about 2 things:

Signing problem
Either a failure to buy in or, more likely, a drifting apart

The second problem is more likely to be the one that would lead to jettisoning him mid-season.

Yeah the "squabbling with Patricia" rumors would add some sense to this if true as well.

You seriously propose that BB hurt his team by accepting less value than he could have otherwise obtained in order to punish a former player?
You and AJ have a point, no i don't think BB would do that.

None of us are insiders, but I think it's fair to believe attitude was a factor. I'd guess it was the determining factor. If that IS the case, and a move needed to be made, then so be it. But an offer of 11M per year suggests the team wanted him around.

It's possible, even likely, the 11M/year was during the offseason.

According to Schefter Collins is happy with the trade. so clearly he didnt want to be here...

and it showed with his play. someone with his athleticism should dominate...instead you could barely hear his name called this year. and he was freelancing and not playing to his potential. focused jamie collins is a freak. but clearly he was not focused this year...and if Bill feels he would be a detriment on the field and off that is why he is gone

Sorry dude, way too many variables involved in that, and it defeats itself because the rush stats involved with Hightower favour him not being on the field.

FWIW, if I had to pick between the two then I'm picking Hightower (in fact I think I had that discussion at the weekend on Twitter), but it shouldn't have been either or, and I don't think it was.

Something must have happened behind the scenes.

I apologize if posted earlier, but Llyoko said he heard if Cleveland doesn't get a 3rd round comp pick this year it would be a 2018 4th.

Apparently the trade was actually for a 2018 conditional 4th round pick? Can anyone confirm this. I am on my phone and having trouble copying the link.

I apologize if posted earlier, but Llyoko said he heard if Cleveland doesn't get a 3rd round comp pick this year it would be a 2018 4th.

Holy moly.

WEEI: Traded for a 2018 4th round pick?

There's a juicy story somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick