PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade for JC Jackson

The Boutte situation made no sense to me. Bill said he had his best week in practice and when Parker was inactive week one Boutte was active. Thronton also popped up on the injury list on Friday which made me think he was likely out again. The only thing I can think is that he made those comments to the media about "his number getting called" this week and Bill got pissy and benched him. Obviously none of us will know for sure but if that is the reason he didn't play Sunday then it is just another instance of Bill not doing what's best for the team.
Thats exactly what happened.

The kid went public thinking he was going to play.

Bill thought the kid thought he was entitled to play because he practiced.

Thats not how it works here.

FWIW Boutte had a rep at LSU for being a little to much in love with himself...

When the kid gets his second chance and shows he belongs I can't wait for the IBBWT Lemmings to change their tunes.
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

I saw the video clip and I didn't see anything other than a kid trying to tiptoe around the fact he is going to get to play and excited for the opportunity. Benching the kid for what he said in this instance seems over the top.

JC JAGson is at the books with 14m caphit the next 3 years, he will not be on the roster with this cap hit, so either BB extend/restructures his contract to lower his cap hit to more reasonable amount, bcs lets be honest JC is not worth even the half of it based on what he is showing on the field or he just will be cutted. (No dead money for Pats, at least one of the JAGs you don't have an absolutly horrible contract with like with Parker and JuJu where you can't even get rid of them without losing cap space by moving on from them)

I am afraid BB might keep him somehow together with All Pro Myles Briant

I saw the video clip and I didn't see anything other than a kid trying to tiptoe around the fact he is going to get to play and excited for the opportunity. Benching the kid for what he said in this instance seems over the top.
Boutte probably knows he's better than both Reagor and Slender Bust man right now. We don't need inside info to know that sorry Homers. :rolleyes:

JC JAGson is at the books with 14m caphit the next 3 years, he will not be on the roster with this cap hit, so either BB extend/restructures his contract to lower his cap hit to more reasonable amount, bcs lets be honest JC is not worth even the half of it based on what he is showing on the field or he just will be cutted. (No dead money for Pats, at least one of the JAGs you don't have an absolutly horrible contract with like with Parker and JuJu where you can't even get rid of them without losing cap space by moving on from them)

I am afraid BB might keep him somehow together with All Pro Myles Briant
Cut JC Jackson and resign at vet min.

Given the stories from SD and how he played there and here is anyone offering him more?

I would agree Bill tends to be a bit draconian with this stuff but as we've been discussing it's who he is.

He feels the need to nip any sniff of entitlement in the bud. It's a key tenant for him.

I would agree Bill tends to be a bit draconian with this stuff but as we've been discussing it's who he is.

He feels the need to nip any sniff of entitlement in the bud. It's a key tenant for him.
Another reason I think it's time to move on at the end of the year. Those methods aren't working anymore.

So why the hell did BB Draft him and Jack Jones already knowing the baggage??

Another reason I think it's time to move on at the end of the year. Those methods aren't working anymore.
That won't fly with this generation.

You can certainly make a case for it.

Yes, the team can cut someone because he isn't playing well enough for the dumpster fire known as the 2023 season.

Many posters here would be happy. After all, who cares if the secondary will suffer? We need to punish anyone and cut anyone who underperforms this year.

IMO, there is ZERO chance that the secondary isn't better in 2024 with Jackson on the 53. Both Jackson and Gonzo are just waiting until 2024. And, I'm fine with sitting Jackson a lot for the rest of this year. The team does need to be sure of what they have in Mills, Wade and Bryant. Should any of them even be brought to camp?

It will be AWESOME to have Gonzo, Jackson and Jonathan Jones as our starting corners. We would then have Jack and Marcus as backups, and perhaps one more.

STATUS QUO
Jackson is signed for 2024 and beyond.
Wade is signed for 2024.
Bryant will be a free agent.
Mills will be a free agent.

Yes, the team can cut someone because he isn't playing well enough for the dumpster fire known as the 2023 season.

Many posters here would be happy. After all, who cares if the secondary will suffer? We need to punish anyone and cut anyone who underperforms this year.

IMO, there is ZERO chance that the secondary isn't better in 2024 with Jackson on the 53. Both Jackson and Gonzo are just waiting until 2024. And, I'm fine with sitting Jackson a lot for the rest of this year. The team does need to be sure of what they have in Mills, Wade and Bryant. Should any of them even be brought to camp?

It will be AWESOME to have Gonzo, Jackson and Jonathan Jones as our starting corners. We would then have Jack and Marcus as backups, and perhaps one more.

STATUS QUO
Jackson is signed for 2024 and beyond.
Wade is signed for 2024.
Bryant will be a free agent.
Mills will be a free agent.
Unless it is a small deal I don’t think they pay JC Jackson. Especially if he's already getting benched for god knows what and then no showing for the media. If they can bring him back for low money next year then fine but I don't want any sort of big deal for him. As for Mills and Bryant they already know what they have. Two guys who should be playing limited defensive reps.

Cut JC Jackson and resign at vet min.

Given the stories from SD and how he played there and here is anyone offering him more?
To be honest don't want him even at vet min, cutt and get a rookie cb if you need depth

I have to imagine he's taking a pay cut or the Chargers are paying a good chunk of any owed money otherwise this isn't a great deal for us.
Imagine the chargers paid him to gooooo...

Looking forward to a hard reset of this franchise.

Lol and had to apologize for signing him.
I know LOL that's crazy.. I'm all for players getting paid.. but this guy clearly has some issues..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back