PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade for JC Jackson

Me too! Rooting for another embarrassing performance in Germany. I want it the be emphatic to ownership
would an embarassment in Germany, be the last game BB coaches for this franchise? not a loss, but an embarassing loss?

would an embarassment in Germany, be the last game BB coaches for this franchise? not a loss, but an embarassing loss?
I think so.. I think out of respect for BB they would likely let him coach until the seasons end.

Mike Reiss was on EEI and seemed to hint something could happen if things go poorly in Germany.

Yes it could. Lot's of coaches get fired during the bye week after an international game. Kraft would hear about it for two weeks and between a low home stadium turnout last week, a bad showing on a big stage, and being at a point where you kind of reasses the season, it's very possible.

I really don't think Kraft has the balls to do it midseason, but an embarrassment here is the closest we will get to really putting him on the spot.

I think so.. I think out of respect for BB they would likely let him coach until the seasons end.
The issue is you do that if you are trying to let the coach save face and basically get to announce his own retirement and make it feel mutual. Thing is, Bill might not be interested in retiring. He's coaching with his kid, he could pretty easily get a job somewhere else, he can chase Shula's record. Kraft might know that Bill isn't going to exit smoothly. So it might make him want to rip the bandaid off. If he's going to try to give Bill a respectful exit, and then there's a high chance Bill does an interview making it clear he was pushed out and then runs somewhere else to make the gesture meaningless.... what's the point? To just say we were nice?

The issue is you do that if you are trying to let the coach save face and basically get to announce his own retirement and make it feel mutual. Thing is, Bill might not be interested in retiring. He's coaching with his kid, he could pretty easily get a job somewhere else, he can chase Shula's record. Kraft might know that Bill isn't going to exit smoothly. So it might make him want to rip the bandaid off. If he's going to try to give Bill a respectful exit, and then there's a high chance Bill does an interview making it clear he was pushed out and then runs somewhere else to make the gesture meaningless.... what's the point? To just say we were nice?
I think your right. Just paying more attention to the body language of the players and the coaches.. especially BB. It just feels like this is the end.. it was amazing 20 years of success, that will never be replicated in any sports. Exactly what you mentioned his sons on the staff, he friends and associates. He has had the full atounomy for a long time to make decisions and do has he saw fit for the roster. Ownership also plays a huge part in why this roster is the way it is. BB is entrenched in the organization as Brady is. But it's just time.. this organization needs this entire roster re-evaluated. At 71 BB has nothing left to prove.

if this is the end, then who?
imo, as good as Mayo might be, is he more of the same? a defensive minded coach who grew up under BB. who will he have run the offense? can he nurture a young QB? we saw with Flores that is not a recipe for sucess, and Flores had Daboll as his OC if I recall.
would Mayo HC/McD OC work?
would RK be more likely to make a decision knowing he had Vrabel all in? would Vrabel want total control? would Groh/Vrabel/McD (or BOB) work?
regardless, there has to be a commitment to the offensive side of the ball. players and staff.
is BB/BOB that commitment?
is MAYO/OC?
is Vrabel/OC?

if this is the end, then who?
imo, as good as Mayo might be, is he more of the same? a defensive minded coach who grew up under BB. who will he have run the offense? can he nurture a young QB? we saw with Flores that is not a recipe for sucess, and Flores had Daboll as his OC if I recall.
would Mayo HC/McD OC work?
would RK be more likely to make a decision knowing he had Vrabel all in? would Vrabel want total control? would Groh/Vrabel/McD (or BOB) work?
regardless, there has to be a commitment to the offensive side of the ball. players and staff.
is BB/BOB that commitment?
is MAYO/OC?
is Vrabel/OC?
What's been said.. is Mayo isn't a BB yes man. He's He's own man has his own thinking. Of course he respects BB and was a great player under him. But Mayo is an alpha, he's the most obvious choice IMO. As far as the QB.. for Mac's career and the future of the team it's probably best for both to part ways. Under this current setup, roster ect. It's just never going to happen here for Mac. His career is still salvageable elsewhere. IMO Mayo, HC, Josh OC, Flores DC.

What's been said.. is Mayo isn't a BB yes man. He's He's own man has his own thinking. Of course he respects BB and was a great player under him. But Mayo is an alpha, he's the most obvious choice IMO. As far as the QB.. for Mac's career and the future of the team it's probably best for both to part ways. Under this current setup, roster ect. It's just never going to happen here for Mac. His career is still salvageable elsewhere. IMO Mayo, HC, Josh OC, Flores DC.
The big questions with Mayo will be, has the failure of the rest of Bill's disciples spoiled the pot on him, and is Kraft going to really want to make the big move on from Bill to continue the regime so to speak. Because there is going to be something inherently attractive in saying "we are starting over, we are getting completely new blood with a modern new mentality and sensibility to coaching". If Mayo doesn't work out, I think he gets a much shorter leash because he's partially going to be viewed as an extension of the old regime and patience is going to be thinner. While a totally new guy is truly going to have a lot of grace from the fanbase in the sense that it truly will be a situation of "we are actually starting over and it's a new regime that needs it's time".

There's also just frankly some baggae with Flores and Josh as well. It's really hard to look at Miami and how dynamic their offense is with Tua and look at Flores who lost his job because he completely misread what he had there and take him credibily. Josh also is now on failure number 2 as a HC and he's going to be viewed as more of the same. Which imo is an issue because it again means a shorter leash.

I just feel like if you move on from Bill, it's probably better to get a real fresh start.

Also the major question is going to be what the set up is. Like I can't see a scenario where Kraft lets Mayo also take on GM duties. But it's really dumb to hire a new GM to lead everything and then say "oh but you are stuck with the remanants of the old coaching staff". You either get a new coach who is going to do everything and have full autonomy like we did with Bill OR you hire a GM who has a vision and he has influence to get the coach he thinks will fit that.

The big questions with Mayo will be, has the failure of the rest of Bill's disciples spoiled the pot on him, and is Kraft going to really want to make the big move on from Bill to continue the regime so to speak. Because there is going to be something inherently attractive in saying "we are starting over, we are getting completely new blood with a modern new mentality and sensibility to coaching". If Mayo doesn't work out, I think he gets a much shorter leash because he's partially going to be viewed as an extension of the old regime and patience is going to be thinner. While a totally new guy is truly going to have a lot of grace from the fanbase in the sense that it truly will be a situation of "we are actually starting over and it's a new regime that needs it's time".

There's also just frankly some baggae with Flores and Josh as well. It's really hard to look at Miami and how dynamic their offense is with Tua and look at Flores who lost his job because he completely misread what he had there and take him credibily. Josh also is now on failure number 2 as a HC and he's going to be viewed as more of the same. Which imo is an issue because it again means a shorter leash.

I just feel like if you move on from Bill, it's probably better to get a real fresh start.

Also the major question is going to be what the set up is. Like I can't see a scenario where Kraft lets Mayo also take on GM duties. But it's really dumb to hire a new GM to lead everything and then say "oh but you are stuck with the remanants of the old coaching staff". You either get a new coach who is going to do everything and have full autonomy like we did with Bill OR you hire a GM who has a vision and he has influence to get the coach he thinks will fit that.
Agreed 100%.. I'll add though.. the situation with Flores was with BB not with the organization and since that point I believe Curran mentioned they have cleared the air. With McDaniels if he did return he'd be free anyway. I don't see BOB here long term.. I don't think he wants to stay here under these conditions long term he'd rather go back to college or accept a HC opportunity somewhere else. The ownership will certainly hire a GM or promote Groh wich I think is likely.. I wish personally they would go outside and look at Kevin speilman or Mike Tannenbaum guys that actually know how correctly identify talent by current NFL standards. As we all witnessed.. Tua and hurts had the same struggles Mac is having. Thier teams decided to Invest in them and provide weapons. Now we see thier full potential and them flourishing. Hurts even got a nice contract. Thier are plenty of offense minds out there it would all depend on what RK and JK want to do.

So why the hell did BB Draft him and Jack Jones already knowing the baggage??

This is a joke, right? You're b!tching about a 6th round pick on someone who was considered 1st round talent? Yet You're one of the ones beating a drum about George Pickens... And you've ignored the talk coming out of Pitt about HIS issues..

This is a joke, right? You're b!tching about a 6th round pick on someone who was considered 1st round talent? Yet You're one of the ones beating a drum about George Pickens... And you've ignored the talk coming out of Pitt about HIS issues..
Jack was a 4th..

Me too! Rooting for another embarrassing performance in Germany. I want it the be emphatic to ownership
You would have stepped in front of a bus in the early 90's. At least we know your username is ironic.

Just for that I’m rooting for another performance like they gave against the Bills…

You would have stepped in front of a bus in the early 90's. At least we know your username is ironic.
Don't get your panies in a bunch.. it's not a serious post

Just for that I’m rooting for another performance like they gave against the Bills…
Good luck! I guess I have to put the LOLs to my jokes.

Good luck! I guess I have to put the LOLs to my jokes.
Too many folks seem serious about tanking, so it’s hard to tell.

I’m past rooting for the team as a fan, now I just want them to win to disappoint some of the most obnoxious posters on here.

actively rooting for them to have an embarrassing performance? wtf...

Not a good look, my man...

Last edited:
Jack was a 4th..
Nice assumption that I was talking about Jack. There were two different players mentioned. Guess you didn't actually read what I was responding to.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back