Not open for further replies.
His catch rate was 65% last year.

Just for comparison
Hogan’s was 57.6%
Cooks 67.6
Gronk 77.4

Britts best yer was 61.3

Edelman’s best year 76.

He wasn’t as bad last year as some think he was.

2017 Titans stats tell an important story. Marcus Mariota was a below average QB by any measure. In 2017 he was 19th in completion %, 21st in receptions, 20th in yards passing, 26th in TD passes, etc.

Mariota threw 15 INTs in 130 fewer attempts than Brady who threw 8.

If Decker makes the team, he'll be playing with the best QB of his career, and be asked to do the least. At best, he'll be the 4th option on passing downs behind Gronk, Hogan, and whichever running back is on the field. Decker will drop to 5th option when Edelman returns.

hoping this isn't another Austin Collie situation, and he has something left in the tank.

I feel like people have some lofty expectations for someone who remained unsigned until August. In fact, if he would stay on the roster as long as Austin Collie did in 13 it would already be a success.

Most likely scenario is him being cut in 3-4 weeks.

hoping this isn't another Austin Collie situation, and he has something left in the tank.

IIRC, Collie wasn't signed to the Pats 53-man until October 2013 (off BB's emergency speed-dial list), and then was cut and resigned a couple times after that. He was also only 27, but coming off a torn patellar tendon from 2012 and numerous concussions from 2010-2011.

Though older (31), Decker has been pretty healthy, aside from being IR'd by the Jete with a shoulder injury two years ago. There's no guarantee that Decker makes the final roster out of Camp, so he could end up being an "emergency speed-dial" guy - like Collie in that respect.

So, I guess this means that BB is prejudiced against smurfs now?

Interesting. Maybe something came up during a more detailed physical than when he just worked out?

IDK. Decker was expected to sign today. Other tryouts may be mere due diligence.

It's interesting (or maybe just coincidental) though, that, over the past 8 months, BB has signed:

Britt - 6027/220
Matthews - 6031/215
Patterson - 6017/220
Decker - 6031/220 (pending)

... and reportedly worked out:

Inman - 6027/200
Hamilton - 6016/215

I am surprised that they have worked out everybody and not a guy like maclin whose proven before.

IDK. Decker was expected to sign today. Other tryouts may be mere due diligence.

It's interesting (or maybe just coincidental) though, that, over the past 8 months, BB has signed:

Britt - 6027/220
Matthews - 6031/215
Patterson - 6017/220
Decker - 6031/220 (pending)

... and reportedly worked out:

Inman - 6027/200
Hamilton - 6016/215
I thought the same thing Maineman. They are always bringing people in Incase another WR goes down they have a,ready did their due diligence in preparation. Decker will get a look. If he does not work out or another WR goes down then next man up

I thought the same thing Maineman. They are always bringing people in Incase another WR goes down they have a,ready did their due diligence in preparation. Decker will get a look. If he does not work out or another WR goes down then next man up

Not just that.

Aside from Lucien and Turner (obvious Camp bodies), the potential punt-returner smurfs (McCarron and Berrios) and "red shirt from the get-go" Darren Andrews, the WRs BB has worked out or signed recently have all been "big", relative to his previously more variable menu. Even Chris Lacy was 6030/205, and Cody Hollister (IR) is 6031/215.

The Pats tend to be very careful with physicals.

Per Reiss Tommy got a birthday gift, it's official.

Who's hotter Jessie James or Gisele?

Per Reiss Tommy got a birthday gift, it's official.

Who's hotter Jessie James or Gisele?
LOL, who was the more genuine badass, the original Jesse James or Howdy Doody???

Not just that.

Aside from Lucien and Turner (obvious Camp bodies), the potential punt-returner smurfs (McCarron and Berrios) and "red shirt from the get-go" Darren Andrews, the WRs BB has worked out or signed recently have all been "big", relative to his previously more variable menu. Even Chris Lacy was 6030/205, and Cody Hollister (IR) is 6031/215.
Your pretty Smart coming from Maine ;) Good Insight

This goes a long way towards remedying Belichick's ridiculous choice to reduce the team's handsomeness with the JimmyG trade.

I might be able to cut back on the sildenafil now, thank God.

2017 Titans stats tell an important story. Marcus Mariota was a below average QB by any measure. In 2017 he was 19th in completion %, 21st in receptions, 20th in yards passing, 26th in TD passes, etc.

Mariota threw 15 INTs in 130 fewer attempts than Brady who threw 8.

If Decker makes the team, he'll be playing with the best QB of his career, and be asked to do the least. At best, he'll be the 4th option on passing downs behind Gronk, Hogan, and whichever running back is on the field. Decker will drop to 5th option when Edelman returns.

Theoretically (i.e. disregarding player cuts for the moment), Edelman, Decker and Hogan should all be capable of both slot and outside work. They've also apparently been working Dorsett in the slot, which would give 4 players who could (again, theoretically) line up all across the LOS. That would leave only Britt and Mitchell as the 'pure' OWRs.

They may not be able to point to a definitive WR1 right now, but they've at least got the potential for versatility to offset some of that deficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back