PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Decker for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for new WR depth chart projections!

iu

I said it in a different thread before it happened but this move makes a lot of sense. He has experience with Josh and option routes in general. He might be cooked in terms of speed but has still the physical tools to be an inside / redzone option. That is if he can hold on to the balls that come his way.

At best he will be a WR3 or 4; at worst gone by the end of camp. Doubt that it is for much more than around vet min.

Hopefully Brady and Co can bring back 2013 Decker, think about it he was on the Jets getting thrown to by who? And on the Titans getting thown to by who? Hope we don't regret not signing him to a 2yr deal at least.

I am ok with the deal since it is only one year, but I was never a huge fan of Decker because he tends to come up small in big situations.

Decker used to be really good when he was playing with Pink Head. Let’s see what he has left in the tank. Definitely worth giving him a chance.

I am ok with the deal since it is only one year, but I was never a huge fan of Decker because he tends to come up small in big situations.
I thought that was usually Demarius Thomas o_O

Oh great....here come the same old jokes about "Bill just loves his white WRs HAAHAHAHAHAH" :rolleyes:

If you were to lay down a bet on Stephen A. Smith chiming in on this, and were right, the odds would actually have YOU owing Vegas money.

I think decker is no longer a full time WR but I think he has some skills that we can take advantage of and carve out a role for.

Assuming he makes the team:

When the WR corps is at full strength, Decker should be far enough down on the depth chart that it's not a huge issue.

Roster building wise and TC wise it certainly makes the picture prettier.

What looked like a bummer ytdy Poggi for Matthews and 3 string IOLs to sell now looks like the roster didn't lose much:

Decker for Matthews
Schwenke for Theaker (I guess - or Bowanko)
Poggi for Wimann

Hopefully none of them makes the team which would mean the team gets/remains healthy..

ps
just joy to watch Bill&Nick operate

Interesting, Mike Reiss views him as the 5th receiver on the depth chart (4th without Edelman).

I think decker is no longer a full time WR but I think he has some skills that we can take advantage of and carve out a role for.

Injuries have taken a told on him but maybe mcdaniels could work his magic with him. He was never the fastest guy but he got open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back