PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Decker for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB would sign a guy whose skin was hunter green with purple stripes if he thought the guy could do the job.

It's such a weird argument. So BB is racist but only at a certain NFL position (where he has made plenty of exceptions). People need to think a little bit harder before they start talking on television.

Decker wasn't good last year, but who knows. If they can get 2015 Decker, that would be nice. More likely they get a Decker who's unemployed as of September.

It's such a weird argument. So BB is racist but only at a certain NFL position (where he has made plenty of exceptions). People need to think a little bit harder before they start talking on television.
And he stopped being racist while he acquired Matthews, Britt, Dorsett and Patterson but decided to become racist again today.

Decker wasn't good last year, but who knows. If they can get 2015 Decker, that would be nice. More likely they get a Decker who's unemployed as of September.
If they get a decker who is a #4 WR, and has a role, including red zone, run blocking, and being part of the 3rd down package it was a good move.

And he stopped being racist while he acquired Matthews, Britt, Dorsett and Patterson but decided to become racist again today.

Maybe there really are two Bill Belichicks; sort of like in "The Prestige". One is competent and his twin a racist bum who hires only white players and benched Butler. It would explain a couple things.

And it's not like the white receivers he's been bringing in have just been failing left and right but he keeps trying anyway. Generally speaking, they've all been (shocking, I know) good players too.

BB would sign a guy whose skin was hunter green with purple stripes if he thought the guy could do the job.

... and he'd make other WRs paint their faces hunter green with purple stripes in TC not to make it too easy on DBs...

Brady's got loads of veteran receivers to work with now. Decker's a good pick up at this point in the proceedings. The Patriots have plenty of time to work Decker into a rotation to see if he can read and react to a defense on the same page with Brady.

I am not convinced he makes this team. Berrios and McCarron are youngsters fighting for that 4-week prime time audition. They know what it did for Jacoby Brissett.

Frankly, Phillip Dorsett is the WR I have the greatest expectations for in 2018. There is a reason they kept him around and at 25 he has enough experience at this level to play inside or outside while the bigger guys take care of things outside the numbers.

Patterson, Hogan, Mitchell and Britt is a terrific outside the numbers group to choose from. Mitchell and Britt have to get on the field now. Decker is an interesting addition due to his versatility.

Pros

-Decker is a big body at 6'3
-Decker knows the McDaniels offensive system from playing under him in Denver
-We got a pile of injuries at WR and adding a veteran for depth in that slot is only going to help us
-Only a 1 year deal so no long term cap impact

Cons
-He's 31 now. How much does he left in the tank. Although receivers don't decline as fast as RBs usually.

If they get a decker who is a #4 WR, and has a role, including red zone, run blocking, and being part of the 3rd down package it was a good move.

Decker wasn't good at any of those things last season but, sure, if he suddenly becomes good again, it was a good move. I guess you were agreeing with me? It's tough to tell.

It's not even a weird argument...it's flat-out despicable.

Par for the course, however, from a "sports" network whose agenda is directed by a former Rolling Stone magazine editor.

It's not even a weird argument...it's flat-out despicable.

Par for the course, however, from a "sports" network whose agenda is directed by a former Rolling Stone magazine editor.

lol you guys are all so easily trolled, come on. The whole point of this **** is to get people up in arms and talking about it and clicking

And it's not like the white receivers he's been bringing in have just been failing left and right but he keeps trying anyway. Generally speaking, they've all been (shocking, I know) good players too.

I mean here is a wacky theory:

The Patriots sign so many white wide receivers because the league under values them thus they are getting a discount for the same talent.

That and this system utilizes "less talented" players better than most. Don't need any dominant, big time superstar players (although the Pats have had and currently have their share of those) when the coach always has them in the best possible spot for their specific abilities.

They needed a body at WR that could pick up the offense quickly and Decker, while he’s certainly not anywhere near what he used to be, is that. Now we have to hope Mitchell can somehow get healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes