PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats re-sign Hunter Henry

I agree. Roll over 30 million of thisvyears cap to next year and use it for higgins or aiyuk
I've stated before that we should put money aside for who could be available next year, etc.

I've stated before that we should put money aside for who could be available next year, etc.
They have 200 million in cap next year they’ll be fine.

He's petty much a 1st down each time he touches the ball. Here's his stats.
View attachment 56885
One thousand-yard season in 5 years. He’s solid, sure, but how much are you paying him?

Since he and Ridley are the only two out there worth a damn, likely a lot. Also, I get nervous about speed receivers who start having foot issues.

One thousand-yard season in 5 years. He’s solid, sure, but how much are you paying him?

Since he and Ridley are the only two out there worth a damn, likely a lot. Also, I get nervous about speed receivers who start having foot issues.
Well the knock on him is he also has been hurt alot of the years. But whenever healthy we see the production he was Jackson's go to guy. 3 years 21 million?
Ridley 2 years 27 million..

Well the knock on him is he also has been hurt alot of the years. But whenever healthy we see the production he was Jackson's go to guy. 3 years 21 million?
Ridley 2 years 27 million..
Unless they can off-load Parker and JJSS, I still only want one. I’m expecting two in the draft (and hoping Boutte comes back) and I want the kids playing.

In my plan we sign DHunter as a younger version of Judon and THEN trade Judon for a 2nd day pick. We get a Judon quality rush threat who is younger and not coming off a season ending injury, plus more cap space to almost pay for the Hunter signing (though I imagine Hunter will have a bigger AV.).

I can also see the value of keeping Matt and not signing Uche but rather Jennings for less but still sign Hunter. Now we have TWO plus rushers to go along with White and Barmore.

Regardless of which plan you go with the key to me is signing Hunter. HE, not Ridley, is my #1 target in this FA class. Ridley is a luxury item.

I think it’s important to keep Judon because he’s a proven leader in that locker room, but I would be fine with adding Hunter and Christian Wilkins. And if they address tackle well enough in free agency I would be fine bc with taking alll 366 lbs of T’Vondre Sweat at 34. Which imo would give them the best DL and best defense in football. Then spend the rest of their efforts on offense. But with Sweat, Barmore, and Wilkins they would have 3 of their 4 DL requiring a double team, which would harken back to the days when team had to double both Wilfork and Seymour, and most just couldn’t handle that. And the idea of Aaron Rodgers being chased by Wilkins, Barmore, Judon and Hunter makes me smile just thinking about it. He might just retire after their first go round,

I'll buy that for Ridley. The guy is super quick on his breaks. I've never seen much from Brown, to be honest.

People really need to do a deeper dive on Ridley, he’s not the player he was when he was paired with Julio Iones. He’s really inconsistent, and he’s on the decline. Neither he or Hollywood are up and coming players, and whomever signs them will end up disappointed.

People really need to do a deeper dive on Ridley, he’s not the player he was when he was paired with Julio Iones. He’s really inconsistent, and he’s on the decline. Neither he or Hollywood are up and coming players, and whomever signs them will end up disappointed.
Also thinking there might be a few good options that are cap casualties over the next few days. Looking at San Diego and Denver…

I'm actually surprised that he agreed to such a deal.
Also thinking there might be a few good options that are cap casualties over the next few days. Looking at San Diego and Denver…

Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Chargers, Ravens all need to make moves.

Broncos freed up a bunch by letting Simmons walk.

I'm hoping the Pats look at Kendall Fuller at CB, Christian Wilkins for the Line, McKinney for Safety Position, and D'andre Swift or Josh Jacobs for RB.

That would be a haul.. LOL

Unless they can off-load Parker and JJSS, I still only want one. I’m expecting two in the draft (and hoping Boutte comes back) and I want the kids playing.
I believe something was mentioned about Parker being made available? Wasn't it?

I'm actually surprised that he agreed to such a deal.

Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Chargers, Ravens all need to make moves.

Broncos freed up a bunch by letting Simmons walk.

I'm hoping the Pats look at Kendall Fuller at CB, Christian Wilkins for the Line, McKinney for Safety Position, and D'andre Swift or Josh Jacobs for RB.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

I'll buy that for Ridley. The guy is super quick on his breaks. I've never seen much from Brown, to be honest.
The guy is super fast. 10.63 100m in HS. 6.88 3cone so he's got wiggle. Hasn't really gotten an injury since 2020 (which would make sense since he only played a season and a half since then).

He and Boutte can have a lot of fun betting on games together.

Glad they re-signed the guy who led the Pats in receiving TDs 2 of the last 3 years (tied leading the league for TE WRs in 2021 with 9). They didn't re-sign 2022's leader, who ended up scoring even more TDs this year, so it would've been a shame if HH went somewhere else.

The guy is super fast. 10.63 100m in HS. 6.88 3cone so he's got wiggle. Hasn't really gotten an injury since 2020 (which would make sense since he only played a season and a half since then).

He and Boutte can have a lot of fun betting on games together.
I posted a little video last year of Ridley running routes fast…very. I’ll see if I can dig that up.

Edit: this was a while ago but sheeesh…

I posted a little video last year of Ridley running routes fast…very. I’ll see if I can dig that up.

My knees hurt just watching that.

I don't always agree with you, but this is spot on. Absolute gold.

Add a QB, LT, and RT in the draft and Y1 of the rebuild is a huge success.

He's the best available at the position. We need to aggressively go after him. We also can target Hollywood as well. We need 2 guys on the outside that DCs have to account for. That allows HH, pop to make plays underneath and Hava favorable match ups. Hollywood has a 10 yard plus catch average.. that's pretty much a first down very time he touches the ball.

The Chargers may release Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back