PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active/NFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Welker, Crable Placed on Active PUP

If Crable gets off the PUP, please cut him. There is no excuse for this B.S.

His career is over.

Last edited:

this is the typical beginning of camp roster movement to try and get more players to compete...I think Crable will be off shortly...

Re: Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active

So what's the deal with Weston?

Re: Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active

All joking aside.

This must be devastating for the guy. But I can't see anything other than him being cut now.

Guess they are playing it safe with Welker.

Just wow, on Crable. I mean, really?? Henceforth, the phrase "made of glass" shall be used only when referring to Shawn Crable. Anyone else can be said to be "made of Crable".

Or, when a player goes on PUP: He got Crabled.

Tonight at the Sheraton Inn in Braintree

Sports Injury Symposium

Notable attendees

Jacoby Ellsbury and Shawn Crable

Guest Speaker

JD Drew

How can Crable be inactive???? WTF!!! Does it take 3 years for a leg to heal? I have high hopes for him, but if he doesn't make it off the injured list than F him, dead weight needs to be cut!

Crable is the DLEllsbury of the NFL.

Tonight at the Sheraton Inn in Braintree

Sports Injury Symposium

Notable attendees

Jacoby Ellsbury and Shawn Crable

Guest Speaker

JD Drew

Remy called JD the "ironman" of the Red Sox outfield last night, and sadly it is true!!!

Am I the only one that finds this very disappointing? I was hoping WWW would be begging people to tee off on his knee this week.

Am I the only one that finds this very disappointing? I was hoping WWW would be begging people to tee off on his knee this week.

Yes you ARE alone

Yes you ARE alone

OK, maybe that was a little too much hyperbole. I guess this week's positive reports of Welker's indestructibleness set me up for this disappointment.

OK, maybe that was a little too much hyperbole. I guess this week's positive reports of Welker's indestructibleness set me up for this disappointment.

Doesn't really mean anything- it's probably a precautionary move. Although, if he plays at any point in the preseason, he is ineligible for PUP during the season.

And you guys beat me up for suggesting that Welker go on PUP. Ha right again.

So NOW putting him on PUP is the right thing to do....

Last edited:

Doesn't really mean anything- it's probably a precautionary move. Although, if he plays at any point in the preseason, he is ineligible for PUP during the season.

I'm sure putting him on the PUP now is the smart and prudent thing to do. I pray (yes, literally) it's smart to take him off of it soon, too.

OK, maybe that was a little too much hyperbole.
I don't know. I thought there was just the right amount of bole.

I'm beginning to wonder if this Crable guy knows something. This is his THIRD year already! He may actually collect a check from the Patriots for the next 10 years without even playing a down.

I'm beginning to wonder if this Crable guy knows something. This is his THIRD year already! He may actually collect a check from the Patriots for the next 10 years without even playing a down.

BB is going to put him on IR for the next 5 years untill he turns 30 then he will let him play LOL

Going by what Reiss says I think the PUP is not a great indicator of where any of the three actually stand. It seems to me that all three (Welker, Crable, Weston) are on the PUP more because they finished the season with an injury and not really based on where they are now.

They will be off the PUP when they show they can pass the physical and sprint test. Until then they are all still concidered to still have an injury. I am reading between the lines here but I think I am right (or hope so)

I'm sure putting him on the PUP now is the smart and prudent thing to do. I pray (yes, literally) it's smart to take him off of it soon, too.

That's what I hope will happen. In August a slowly adapted WWW comes off the PUP and plays a pre-season game or 2.

Remy called JD the "ironman" of the Red Sox outfield last night, and sadly it is true!!!

Game Notes
RED SOX RIGHTFIELDER J.D. DREW WAS SCRATCHED FROM THE STARTING LINEUP DUE TO TIGHTNESS IN HIS LEFT HAMSTRING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back