PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats now betting favorites to land Delvin Cook (Update: Odds "Pretty High" He Signs With Jets)

A bit more info... Cook is now Cooked...

Cook should have hired Robert's attorney
CTE? Or scum bag?

Do not want.
This isn’t a gun in a bag this is a football player putting his hands on a woman.
Would much rather put Nick Folk in a at running back than have Cook wear a Pats uni.

CTE? Or scum bag?

Do not want.
This isn’t a gun in a bag this is a football player putting his hands on a woman.
Would much rather put Nick Folk in a at running back than have Cook wear a Pats uni.
judge not lest ye too be judged....

A bit more info... Cook is now Cooked...

The fact that she didn’t take the money seems telling but playing the devil’s advocate….it is possible that Cook is innocent, or believes that he is, and that the $1m offer was him reasoning that the money would be worth it, when taking into account future lawyers fees and the salary income that he anticipated losing due to most teams not wanting to go anywhere near a player who is accused of domestic assault.

Perhaps he was just trying to be pragmatic, given that a document, signed by her, absolving him of any wrongdoing would likely be worth many millions more than the $1m payout/payoff and that without it he would surely be considered guilty in the court of public opinion, especially in 2023..

I hear you but unless she was going to kill him or a loved one no reason to put your hands on a woman.
…without prior invitation or consent. With those conditions satisfied there are some very good reasons to put your hands on a woman. I’m sure you didn’t mean to prohibit those…

same is true for men, and all other people.

Yeah it's not like the Patriots can get good production out of draft picks, like Sony Michel, Damien Harris, or Rhamondre Stevenson.

Seriously, if for some reason the money works, I'm okay with it, but it's telling the OP spent his time comparing the prospect of a RB against a WR we couldn't land

We draft running backs well. If the price is right it's fine, but I'd love to see what we've got with other Harris and Strong. My gut says, relax, this is the part we're good at.

If Rhamondre has a good season then this is likely his last with the Patriots. I think they’re hoping Strong shows something behind him. If not we’ll have a whole new backfield next season anyway

Why the Pats won't or at least shouldn't sign Cook. He admitted to beating up his girlfriend via text and now is allegedly bribing her to exonerate him of abuse allegations.

Something the Pats have to take into consideration, Cook might get suspended for his abusing his girlfriend. He could miss some games.

Yeah as hopefully Cook if he does get suspended will possibly be at least four games but possibly no more than four.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back