PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats now betting favorites to land Delvin Cook (Update: Odds "Pretty High" He Signs With Jets)

I do agree that lost in our defensive success the past couple seasons is that we were able to beat up on average-bad QBs but when we faced elite guys they beat us up.
Agreed.. as BB says we can only play who's on the schedule.. that's what I mentioned this season is no excuses. We will learn very early if the defense can limit top QBs and offenses when i say limit is. Make them work for yards.. challenge top WR'S. We had breakdowns last season of trying to slow top WRs. It starts right out the gate this season.

Since I'm seeing ghost. Tell me who with lazards size DCs have to take away on our offense? Do we have a lazard? Since he's slow? LOL.. I'm Telling you fellow poster.. NYJ is a problem for us.. you can sleep if you want too.. we don't know what mapu will be for us until he shows it in a real game.. and those guys are safeties.. they won't be matched up with lazard.. so yes on lazard mayo will have to account for him.. In case you forgot they did trade for AR..

My guy gonzo I love.. but I know he's a rookie he will take his lumps.

On our offense we have Jalen Hurd. Same size, same player. You are seeing ghosts dude. Above post by you proves it.

On our offense we have Jalen Hurd. Same size, same player. You are seeing ghosts dude. Above post by you proves it.
Ok.. I guess myself, mayo and BB will all be seeing ghost.. when we play jets.. I like Hurd... what are the chances he makes the team in your opinion?

I do agree that lost in our defensive success the past couple seasons is that we were able to beat up on average-bad QBs but when we faced elite guys they beat us up.
Because the NE offense was putrid.

3 and outs, punts, high fiving over FGs, time of possession always in the opponents favor, 3rd down conversion rate bottom barrel.

The Pats defense would get worn down

The Jets will be dangerous.

Delvin and they always lacked a QB until now.

3 and outs, punts, high fiving over FGs, time of possession always in the opponents favor, 3rd down conversion rate bottom barrel.

I'll also agree with that.. the D was put in terrible situations so much last season.. the redzone stall outs or turnovers by the offense.. even the 2000 ravens defense would have gotten worn-out.

I'll also agree with that.. the D was put in terrible situations so much last season.. the redzone stall outs or turnovers by the offense.. even the 2000 ravens defense would have gotten worn-out.
All the Pats need is consistent competent QB performance.

Only then will they be taken seriously.

Ok.. I guess myself, mayo and BB will all be seeing ghost.. when we play jets.. I like Hurd... what are the chances he makes the team in your opinion?

Mayo and BB will not see ghosts. They signed Hurd to have their defense practice against a taller jump ball receiver. You are worried, they are planning. You are seeing ghosts, they have a strategy. Big difference.

Reports are that Strong is flashing in practice as a 3rddown back (catching the ball). If true and Strong progresses, Hurd might be our emergency RB like Cordarrelle was. If we have a RB injury Hurd might make the team, otherwise definitely a PS guy that is called up repeatedly.

All the Pats need is consistent competent QB performance.

Only then will they be taken seriously.
Necessary, but not sufficient.

thats not all they need. It is one of the things they need.

I have a feeling he won't be leaving NY once there so this thread should die slowly.

I have a feeling he won't be leaving NY once there so this thread should die slowly.

Yeah, plus lets be honest. Jets will offer him real money. and Patriots will offer him a bunch of incentives like they did Hopkins.

he's not coming here.

Yeah, plus lets be honest. Jets will offer him real money. and Patriots will offer him a bunch of incentives like they did Hopkins.

he's not coming here.
That's my feeling it's not like we need him.

Necessary, but not sufficient.

thats not all they need. It is one of the things they need.
Defense - check
Special Teams - check
Coaching - check

The woes with the OL and WRs can be solved with a QB who knows when and where to throw the ball. And, the awareness to move around in the pocket to buy time.

even the 2000 ravens defense would have gotten worn-out.
That overrated defense couldn’t save them the following season. They weren’t even the best defense in their own division in 2000.

Last edited:

ESPECIALLY the abject failure of punting. Michael Palardy damn near lost 3 games all by himself. Not that Bailey was much better, but at least he was on the low-side of average. His December was the worst punting job that I can remember in all my years as a Patriots fan.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back