PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to win the last 2 and go 14 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Too bad Oakland won today. Well, the good news is we control our own destiny for HFA. Unless the Colts can beat Oakland next week though, we will need to win both Jets and Dolphins to assure HFA. (Since Oakland at Denver in final week is a later game, and Denver will not beat them anyway) So the Pats still need to win last 2 games.

Crazy to think that 14-2 is what will assure us HFA. At the beginning of the year, I thought 13-3 or even 12-4 would be the magic number given the weakness of the AFC. OAK has been extremely annoying of late. Can you imagine how nervous we would be if OAK didn't lose that game at KC?

NE@ MIA is gonna be super tough because it's @ MIA. That game is giving me fits already just thinking about it.

Too bad Oakland won today. Well, the good news is we control our own destiny for HFA. Unless the Colts can beat Oakland next week though, we will need to win both Jets and Dolphins to assure HFA. (Since Oakland at Denver in final week is a later game, and Denver will not beat them anyway) So the Pats still need to win last 2 games.

I don't think oakland's losing their last two. They looking at the two seed as well. Gonna have to win out including trying to beat miami in south florida.

Crazy to think that 14-2 is what will assure us HFA. At the beginning of the year, I thought 13-3 or even 12-4 would be the magic number given the weakness of the AFC. OAK has been extremely annoying of late. Can you imagine how nervous we would be if OAK didn't lose that game at KC?

NE@ MIA is gonna be super tough because it's @ MIA. That game is giving me fits already just thinking about it.
in 2004 I was very annoyed being 14-2 and being the 2 seed. But the 2 seed worked out well that year.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'd be very disappointed if we have to win vs. Miami. They will be playing hard for a playoff spot.

But then again....you play to win the game :cool:

We have no choice now, we have clinched everything except HFA, and we need to win both to do it, unless the Colts beat Oakland next week, anything is possible. I like the idea of being 14-2 anyway. I hope Balt wins out, and Miami's only loss is to us the rest of the way, because I think that would push the Steelers out of the playoffs.

I don't think oakland's losing their last two. They looking at the two seed as well. Gonna have to win out including trying to beat miami in south florida.
They'll lose 1 of the 2 for sure

Can anyone confirm this?

I'd be very disappointed if we have to win vs. Miami. They will be playing hard for a playoff spot.

But then again....you play to win the game :cool:
I can, in this way. The ONLY way for us out of needing both games is 1.)Colts win at Oakland next week. or 2.) We LOSE in Miami in final week, and we get luck later that night and Oakland loses to Denver, and we get HFA through their loss that night. The problem with that is we won't know until later , so we will need to win the Miami game to assure it ourselves.

Huh, title says pats have to win their last two games to go from 12-2 to 14-2.
Thanks you captain obvious

You think so? I am hoping it's the colts.
Colts are so hot and cold and today was their "hot" day. I think Oakland beats them unfortunately, which means we need to beat both Jets and Dolphins. One game at a time, get it done, 14-2. Best practice for the playoffs is to keep winning your games anyway.

You think so? I am hoping it's the colts.
The Colts can very well upset the Raiders but I wouldn't bet on it. My money is on them losing to Denver who still may be fighting for a wildcard!

Oakland seems to have peaked too early. They lost last week even with the Chiefs trying to give the game to them. They barely won today. Their offense is starting to sputter. Not sure if it is Carr's finger or that they just peaked way too early.

They were scoring over 30 points a game on a regular basis. The last two games combined they haven't scored 30 points.

I am not worried about the Pats going into Oakland and losing. Sure it could happen, but unlikely the way the two teams are playing.

If Colts and Broncos beat Raiders and Chiefs respectively next week, plus a win by us, than we can rest starters in Miami. Unlikely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST