Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Memphis style

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope they could find someone better. Brissett's middle name is Mediocre.

I hope for JB. It’s not that I think he’ll shine. But he’s just good enough to make us feel like a competent adult is running the huddle and just bad enough to make us realize this is nothing but a bridge.

He’s a team guy, his effort can be trusted, he will (hopefully) limit mistakes, and he won’t be a DICtator when a young player supplants him.

I wouldn’t hate it. The only time Washington’s offense looked competent during the second half of the year was when Brissett was in the game. All of a sudden they would start scoring points and matriculating down the field, as they say. It was tragic when injured himself in practice when he was scheduled to start the second last game of the season. The only reason he didn’t play more often, in my opinion, was the fact that the Commanders were actively tanking.

???

We ARE discussing bridge quarterbacks.
It's a dumb discussion. The difference between Brissett and Jones is negligible. One is on a rookie contract and one you have to pay something. If you are already punting on having a competent starter this year, take the cheaper option that already plays with the guys on the team. Jacoby is for when someone goes down

Because he'd be a great transition QB, he's a great locker room guy and he limits mistakes as a player. He could show a rookie QB how to prepare like a pro and possibly win games for you until the rookie is ready.

The Lions made a similar move acquiring Goff in the hopes of drafting a rookie to replace him, now Goff is playing well enough to retain his starting position.
No and no. Stop making excuses, we have the highest available cap room. Bargain hunting now? There are far better quality QBs available, unless the Krafts are truly trying to become the John Henry’s of the NFL world. Brissett? That just pisses me off.

The Patriots need a respected, competent placeholder at QB if they expect to be attractive to offensive free agents regardless of money. Brissett would be fine in that role. Someone has to hold down the fort until the next QB is drafted and ready to play well. This offense needs to be stabilized first before it can start to get better.

No and no. Stop making excuses, we have the highest available cap room. Bargain hunting now? There are far better quality QBs available, unless the Krafts are truly trying to become the John Henry’s of the NFL world. Brissett? That just pisses me off.
You don’t understand the definition of the term transition or “bridge QB,” it’s a veteran presence for a rookie QB to emulate and go to for advice.

One of the rookie’s could be far superior to Kirk Cousins… who is the prize QB on the free agent market. Cousins is merely “good” but you want to pay him like a superstar because you’re desperate…. that’s what dumb teams do.

Draft a QB, and hire a professional QB to mentor him. This isn’t hard…

I am not in love with the move TBH. I'd rather have Flacco, and I know I am in the minority. The only advantage I see is that he's still a young guy, compared to Jump Ball. I guess I feel that someone has to be the bridge guy. JB's numbers are ok, I guess. I prefer Joe's body of work.

I am not in love with the move TBH. I'd rather have Flacco, and I know I am in the minority. The only advantage I see is that he's still a young guy, compared to Jump Ball. I guess I feel that someone has to be the bridge guy. JB's numbers are ok, I guess. I prefer Joe's body of work.
I'd rather have Jump Ball Joe too but Briskets not a bad second choice. It should be for only one year if we get the right QB in the draft.

If you're planning on taking a QB at #3 overall, you're not going to waste money in free agency on a QB better than Brissett or Flacco (in that range) when there are other areas you need to upgrade.

If the plan is to take MHJ or Alt with your first pick, then the free agent QB SHOULD be better than this. But signs are pointing more to the former.

I'd rather have Jump Ball Joe too but Briskets not a bad second choice. It should be for only one year if we get the right QB in the draft.
Does it tip the hand on who they are taking? Daniels, then sign Brissett? Maye, then it's JJB?

Does it tip the hand on who they are taking? Daniels, then sign Brissett? Maye, then it's JJB?

The tricky part of that is there's no guarantee which of those guys is going to be at 3. They probably have decent intelligence on who the Commanders prefer, but all it takes is one team with a wild trade up to blow the whole thing up.

Not a huge deal really, as it's not like either Flacco or Brissett would actively HURT whichever rookie they end up drafting. I just doubt they're going to make the signing based on that, given the uncertainty at the top of the draft.

The mentorship and teaching of the AVP system are the most import qualities we need in a bridge QB. I'm surprised that isn't more inherently understood.

It's why I think Russell Wilson doesn't make sense. Unlikely that he'd be doing any mentoring when he's in the private office that he demands.

The tricky part of that is there's no guarantee which of those guys is going to be at 3. They probably have decent intelligence on who the Commanders prefer, but all it takes is one team with a wild trade up to blow the whole thing up.

Not a huge deal really, as it's not like either Flacco or Brissett would actively HURT whichever rookie they end up drafting. I just doubt they're going to make the signing based on that, given the uncertainty at the top of the draft.
If they like Maye and Daniels there's no uncertainty.

I'm good on Brissett I'd rather them just play Zappe or the rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back