Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Memphis style

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh….almost anyone is better than Mac coming back at this point and to help bridge the gap between this year and when our new rook will be ready to take the reins is fine. Not a fan of Tannehill at all but Brissett or Mayfield as a band aid for now is fine
I was thinking about who else could make a solid transition QB and potential bridge to the next guy, and I thought back to that 2021 draft class. CJ Stroud is now the man in Houston, but his backup is in the last year of his rookie contract... how about we trade for that guy?

Davis Mills stats as a starter: 529-817 attempts, 64.75 completions, 5510 yards, 30 TD's, 24 INT's, 84.1 Rating

How about we fix our mistake and take the guy BB wanted to take in the 3rd round instead of Mac.

His stats as a starter are similar to Jacoby Brissett, he played on just horrible teams and went through four head coaching changes... unlike Mac, but you never heard him whine or complain about his teammates or pass responsibility off to others. I'd like to see Mills play behind a great offensive line and with a good team around him.

Ben might be right finally

I was thinking about who else could make a solid transition QB and potential bridge to the next guy, and I thought back to that 2021 draft class. CJ Stroud is now the man in Houston, but his backup is in the last year of his rookie contract... how about we trade for that guy?

Davis Mills stats as a starter: 529-817 attempts, 64.75 completions, 5510 yards, 30 TD's, 24 INT's, 84.1 Rating

How about we fix our mistake and take the guy BB wanted to take in the 3rd round instead of Mac.

His stats as a starter are similar to Jacoby Brissett, he played on just horrible teams and went through four head coaching changes... unlike Mac, but you never heard him whine or complain about his teammates or pass responsibility off to others. I'd like to see Mills play behind a great offensive line and with a good team around him.
Well if he needs it that perfect here wouldn't be the place. :)

It's interesting Mills and Mac had about the exact same production their rookie years if Mills' were prorated for his 11 games played, vs. Mac's 17 games. Essentially same comp %, yards, TDs, INTs.

Clearly Mills win % is horrible, and Mac benefited from a much better team/coaching than pitiful Texans.

But Mills had very little experience and production in college - 13 games, and 26 as a pro.
Mac played about 25 games at Bama with tons of production, and 42 games as a pro.

So who would be better equipped to be a Pats bridge QB? Anyone seems better to lead with mental strength & character than Mac.
But who knows.

Forget that. Let Russ Cook!

Well if he needs it that perfect here wouldn't be the place. :)
The Texans were a dumpster fire, 4 head coaches in four years… let’s pretend Mayo and co can do a better job.

It's interesting Mills and Mac had about the exact same production their rookie years if Mills' were prorated for his 11 games played, vs. Mac's 17 games. Essentially same comp %, yards, TDs, INTs.

Clearly Mills win % is horrible, and Mac benefited from a much better team/coaching than pitiful Texans.

But Mills had very little experience and production in college - 13 games, and 26 as a pro.
Mac played about 25 games at Bama with tons of production, and 42 games as a pro.

So who would be better equipped to be a Pats bridge QB? Anyone seems better to lead with mental strength & character than Mac.
But who knows.
Mills had a bottom ranked defense every year, a bad offensive line and 4 different head coaches… Mac had the perfect landing spot in year one and fell apart after the bye week.

Mills seems made of tougher stuff. If nothing else he’d be a solid bridge guy to the next rookie QB, he might also improve to the point of starting and playing well.

Last edited:
Forget that. Let Russ Cook!

Never! I want nothing to do with Wilson.
I'd seriously rather have Brissett for 2 years than Russ for 1. He just seems like such a selfish person at this point in his career, and not looking to really invest in a new team & region.

Never! I want nothing to do with Wilson.
I'd seriously rather have Brissett for 2 years than Russ for 1. He just seems like such a selfish person at this point in his career, and not looking to really invest in a new team & region.
Agreed... gross.

If Sean Payton doesn't want anything to do with Russell Wilson, you know he's cooked.

I thought about this on and off today. Why some of you are worried about how much a QB might cost and bring in Jacoby. Why do some of you aim so low and worry about the “money” or cost to the team? For crying out loud, Russel Wilson is an option. Ryan Fing Tannehill is a better option (and I LAUGHED at Titans fans when they resigned him to that contract) Brissett?? I mean are you kidding me? There are available QBs that have been starting QBs….why the hell would you be ok with Brissett?? I don’t get it.

Also, I under stand the “bridge” QB theory, so stop it. There’s FAR better available “bridge” QBs. AIM higher

Last edited:
I thought about this on and off today. Why some of you are worried about how much a QB might cost and bring in Jacoby. Why do some of you aim so low and worry about the “money” or cost to the team? For crying out loud, Russel Wilson is an option. Ryan Fing Tannehill is a better option (and I LAUGHED at Titans fans when they resigned him to that contract) Brissett?? I mean are you kidding me? There are available QBs that have been starting QBs….why the hell would you be ok with Brissett?? I don’t get it.

Also, I under stand the “bridge” QB theory, so stop it. There’s FAR better available “bridge” QBs. AIM higher
The dumb thing is if you care about cost, Brissett is so negligible compared to the much cheaper options you already have on your team that it doesn't even make sense.

Sounds good to me, that means they will take the QB at #3. I would be fine with Brissett, Tannehill, the rookie, and getting rid of their 2023,QB room. They would still be paying a low price for their QB’s and the stench would be gone.
I'd take Wilson personally, but Brissett could do well under AVP, . Anyone to play well at QB so Zapp can return to the PS please.

I liked him because he toughed it out and played with a thumb so injured that he could only lob the ball while Garoppolo wimped out.
LOL.. Jimmy G had made more money not on the field, than actually being on it!

Part of the thought process is that the rookie QB needs a guy to sit behind for a period of time and learn the ropes. Brisset is known to be a really good teammate and isn’t the type who would try to ice out the rookie and not help him in his growth.

Part of the thought process is that the rookie QB needs a guy to sit behind for a period of time and learn the ropes. Brisset is known to be a really good teammate and isn’t the type who would try to ice out the rookie and not help him in his growth.
I think it's a good strategy to have the draft pick come in and learn.. Hopefully Brissett won't be as bad as Bailey-Jones were last year.

It's a shame we didn't get to see this Rourke play he's better than both Mac and Zapppe he could be our Bridge QB and more. I think BB left us something good in what was one of his last GM moves toast BB. I think we are all going to like Rourke tough gutsy Doug Flutie type kid.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

It's a shame we didn't get to see this Rourke play he's better than both Mac and Zapppe he could be our Bridge QB and more. I think BB left us something good in what was one of his last GM moves toast BB. I think we are all going to like Rourke tough gutsy Doug Flutie type kid.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

I could like rthat as the solution. His throw to 81 at the ~1:50 mark really showed some zip. Others not SO much, but ball placement even when on the move/under duress (shaking off 4 consecutive tacklers ) was phenomenal.

Just not sure how much of that cfl exp translates to nfl. I wished for flutie back in the day; so not opposed to that, just not sure anymore )from here in Europe ) if two leagues are similar or way out of whack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back