PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have 2 Game lead for the One Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that it's never too early in the NFL for games to matter. You are wrong that it's never too early for seeding position to get determined. Too much on the latter can and will change between now and January with 10 games left to go.
it is never too early. Your first two sentences contradict each other by the way.

Is this your latest " pass the tourch" hot take?

What if the Bills played the Texans in the wild card round? :eek:
Texans would be at home in that scenario most likely so I give them the win

Yesterday while rooting for the Texans to win I was wondering if I would regret that in 10 weeks.

It’s happened before.

And yes, I’m pretty sure who I root for does not actually impact the game.

Yesterday while rooting for the Texans to win I was wondering if I would regret that in 10 weeks.

It’s happened before.

Chiefs could drop another Thursday. We knew their D was their weakness but apparently they are almost dead last on D in the NFL right now. Absolutely awful.

Idk if you can think like that. Whose to say our offense can’t stop themselves. We need gordon healthy and him making plays for us.
In the past people always talked about how Brady did more with less when it came to receivers. I think the O Line and the running game is what needs to get well. And Brady needs to turn some young guys into household names again.

Let’s just be glad they didn’t draft Mahomes or Watson. I think even with Tyrod Taylor’s offense they’d be a true SB contender. The Josh Allen pick will be their doom...unless they do what they should and cut their losses (but they won’t.)
The new QB in Carolina is about to make some big money somewhere. He is RFA at end of the season.

I have to side with @mosslost here. Rookie move to under appreciate his genius. He is the Andy Kaufman of Patsfans.
at least he is on the game day roster. Definitely needs to up his performance though.

I dont get all the negative comments. if i was the opposite we would hall all sorts of threads about how its all over.

Long way to go, but have to feel good about the patriots chances as the Cheifs seemingly are showing cracks and already have 2 losses.

it is never too early. Your first two sentences contradict each other by the way.
No, they don't. The importance of winning games overall and the importance of seeding position are two distinctly different things.

No, they don't. The importance of winning games overall and the importance of seeding position are two distinctly different things.
statistically teams with the 1 or 2 make the SB in a very high margin. There are rare exceptions. Pats only made it without the Bye week in 1985.

And since every game counts towards it, getting a "lead" in the race for HFA especially a couple games matters a lot, even early.

I'm sorry Tunes but you are demonstrably wrong on this one.

your first two sentences do, as a matter of fact, contradict each other.

It’s happened before.

no need to regret that. The Texans won’t get to play the Bengals in the playoffs so they’ll be one and done as per usual if they make it

your first two sentences do, as a matter of fact, contradict each other.
Stop it. You're doubling and tripling down on being ridiculous, ML. There are many, many benefits to winning games in the course of a season. Seeding doesn't matter until the end of the season with playoff preparation.

Texans would be at home in that scenario most likely so I give them the win

I was just kidding around. I'm in the it's too early crowd.

I have to side with @mosslost here. Rookie move to under appreciate his genius. He is the Andy Kaufman of Patsfans.

Great analogy, Kaufman wasn't everyone's cup of joe. While nobody hits a HR every time, you had to watch because the potential for one was always there.

I was just kidding around. I'm in the it's too early crowd.
I don't get the "It's too early argument". That is like saying NFL wins don't matter, and in fact it is like saying, your win loss record does not matter, with respect to seeding.. Whether it is after 6 games, 10 games, or 16 games... It matters, all the way back to the beginning of the season.

Teddy B. used to refer to it as "getting into position", and he would say that if the pats won a head to head, and now had inside track to be in "the right position", which he meant seed one or two.

The "it's too early crowd" is really not a defendable position, no offense meant of course. But it is not a defendable position when applying logic and math to it.

Even in baseball, people always say "there are 162"... but teams often miss the wild card or division by a game or two. That is exasperated in football.

Of course it matters that the Pats have a 2 game lead on all other divisions after 6. If anything the opposite is true, having that kind of lead this soon is even better and makes the point more relevant now.

I don't get the "It's too early argument".
Sure you do. Just think back to when you argued with your teacher about coming in from recess.

Since we play all three of the teams right behind us - Texans, Chiefs, Bills - it's hard to say the advantage this early in the season is overly substantial. Sweet anyway, though, because the Pats are in charge of their own destiny.

Also, BB teams almost always get better over the course of a season, and two of the teams chasing us are at the Razor.

Barring too many devastating injuries, the Pats are odds-on favorites to get the 1 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back