PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Pats Camp Day 1 - Pads & Media Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bethel. With so many defections on STs, I am counting on him to continue his good play within that unit.

Lets go...

Camp starts in earnest and so will the evaluations. Can't wait to see how various positional battles shake out.

Hopefully not already the end of the Jeff Thomas project.

This used to be my happiest time of the year, but I have to admit not even having heard of people.

Thanks luuked for the updates. Hope all is well.

Hopefully not already the end of the Jeff Thomas project.

Hes a long shot. If the Pats go with 6wrs, which seems unlikely but possible, hes in a 3way battle with Olzsewski and Byrd for 2 spots. (je,harry,sanu,meyers are all locks imo) Right now , hes obviously dead last. Thomas has a lot of ground to make up.

Of particular note to me that Reiss now refers to Eluemunor as OT. I guess those reports of him getting some snaps there were not just an experiment ?

Really pulling for JJ Taylor and of course my boy Rohrwasser

Hes a long shot. If the Pats go with 6wrs, which seems unlikely but possible, hes in a 3way battle with Olzsewski and Byrd for 2 spots. (je,harry,sanu,meyers are all locks imo) Right now , hes obviously dead last. Thomas has a lot of ground to make up.

I don't think he is behind Gunner. Whatever experience advantage he has from a year in the system is nullified by how much behind Thomas he is when it comes to moving across the field like a WR. And it doesn't look like his punt returns will bail him out this year. He actually needs to show a real jump as a WR.

I said it somewhere else but the only two locks I see are Jules and Harry.

Sanu still has to show that he can bring enough additional value inside relative to his price tag. Hell, Byrd might be less redundant than Sanu because he has a unique skillset (i.e. burner) among our WR group.

Meyers is not even close to being a lock imo.

All that being said you are right that Thomas has a huge uphill battle and the most likely scenario is landing on our PS.

I don't think he is behind Gunner. Whatever experience advantage he has from a year in the system is nullified by how much behind Thomas he is when it comes to moving across the field like a WR. And it doesn't look like his punt returns will bail him out this year. He actually needs to show a real jump as a WR.

I said it somewhere else but the only two locks I see are Jules and Harry.

Sanu still has to show that he can bring enough additional value inside relative to his price tag. Hell, Byrd might be less redundant than Sanu because he has a unique skillset (i.e. burner) among our WR group.

Meyers is not even close to being a lock imo.

All that being said you are right that Thomas has a huge uphill battle and the most likely scenario is landing on our PS.

Despite what I said, I would still prefer
Thomas make it ahead of Gunner. Hes obviously got a much higher ceiling. But I dont recall him being involved w. any of the throwing sesssions w. Stid or Cam.
Gunners got that year under his belt plus Byrd has played w. Cam.
I just hope Thomas gets to practice soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back