PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Pats Camp Day 1 - Pads & Media Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Day two didn't start well for Stiddy.

Agreed.

Welker had more girth on his frame for his punt returning and generally was a lot more tactical and didn't run into a crowd without hesitation.

Edelman was a bit more slender during his early days, and while he didn't show as much discretion as Welker, he did know when to cut his losses and go down or OOB.

Gunner on the other hand is on the complete other end of the spectrum; zero discretion, reckless abandon. Even if he was carrying more weight he'd still be in trouble. Needs to know when to pick his places to 'go' and when to tone it down. An extra 5-10'ish pounds wouldn't hurt either.
I'm no English major but there's gotta be a better way to say that

The way you can tell that none of the QBs has yet really distinguished themselves is when different beat guys get away with different impressions:

and there was also someone saying "Stidham is a bit ahead" that I can't find anymore.

Just another reminder that what we are really looking for are consistency and trends over longer period of times and not flashes.

Not sure why we don't have a Day 2 tread, but Evan Lazar said a couple of things in his recap from today:

-down day for Stidham who threw 3 picks (2 of them on the receiver it would seem)

-each QB got equal reps

-Devin Asiasi, Damien Harris, and Ross having strong camps

-N'keal Harry hasn't stood out much. He's gotten more physical at the LOS but isn't really separating himself

-Sanu might be the best route runner we have

Last edited:
whats wrong with Thomas, is he injured or has Covid? missing on practice for the second day already, not much time to show anything before cut-day

Not sure why we don't have a Day 2 tread, but Evan Lazar said a couple of things in his recap from today:

-down day for Stidham who threw 3 picks (2 of them on the receiver it would seem)

-each QB got equal reps

-Devin Asiasi, Damien Harris, and Ross having strong camps

-N'keal Harry hasn't stood out much. He's gotten more physical at the LOS but isn't really separating himself

-Sanu might be the best route runner we have

Edelman? I thought he would be our best route runner and no knock on sanu but if he’s out saving grace at wr we will have some issues. Getting separation has been harry’s biggest problem.

Edelman? I thought he would be our best route runner and no knock on sanu but if he’s out saving grace at wr we will have some issues. Getting separation has been harry’s biggest problem.

Best route runner doesn't mean best WR. The same way that most arm strength doesn't mean best QB. It is just one of many facets..

Last edited:
Assuming there is no Day 2 post........read on a few sites that Edelman did not complete the session, hopefully nothing happened:eek:

Its only day 2 but some consistent mentions re Damien Harris , Dugger , Ross (WR) and Uche

I look at it like this.
LT wynn
C andrews
RG Mason

LG or RT Thuney depending upon:

RT Cajuste
LG Froholdt
LG Onwenu (my bold prediction)

the other 2 are game day backups with Elmn, Cunningham, Herron fighting for 8th ol
Spot
Thuney's not playing RT.

Did he learn where the first down marker is yet?

He was catching balls from a QB not even good enough to get a new contract with us, what do you expect?

Asiasi aslo seems to be getting a lot of plays and positive mentions

Only mention I read about Froholt was that he needed to work on his technique but it was just a comment rather than an overly negative assessment (based on a small report)

I'm no English major but there's gotta be a better way to say that

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes