PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Pats Camp Day 1 - Pads & Media Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Gunner but incredibly nervous everytime he has the ball in his hands if I'm being honest. Seems like he always goes for ride on returns. Idk I just get uneasy bc of his size.

Curious what coaches think of him rn with the current group & overall.

Crumpler.

Thanks PJ...way to ruin it. I honestly did not remember, and had to google it. Now the CPT is off the hook no pun intended.

:poop: :D

I love Gunner but incredibly nervous everytime he has the ball in his hands if I'm being honest. Seems like he always goes for ride on returns. Idk I just get uneasy bc of his size.

As others have pointed out, one thing that hurts him is he probably wont be returning kicks. Really looks like thatll be Duggers main job his rookie season.( I love the Dugger pick but because of what covid did I just dont see him playing a lot of defense this year- but next year- watch out!!)
If BB keeps 6 wrs its probably between
Gunner/Thomas. If he only keeps 5, Gunners toast.

As others have pointed out, one thing that hurts him is he probably wont be returning kicks. Really looks like thatll be Duggers main job his rookie season.( I love the Dugger pick but because of what covid did I just dont see him playing a lot of defense this year- but next year- watch out!!)
If BB keeps 6 wrs its probably between
Gunner/Thomas. If he only keeps 5, Gunners toast.
Yeah I'm interested in what specific roles Bill has for Williams & Dugger and it looks like we know with Kyle.

I just like to gage where the coaches heads are at with what they're asking the guys to do.

A big part of this year is seeing what all these recent picks can do and I'm here for it. We could see a ton of young faces in almost any position this year due to replacement & injuries.

Really intrigued by the situation.

I see Williams getting a shot at S. I don't think BB wants to stash him CB as he won't get any playing time.

I bet this really fogs up a lot of Oakley sunglasses. In all seriousness I'm happy with the QB room as a Pats fan immediately after the GOAT leaves. Hoyer is the wise old man steering the former MVP & young cat everyone likes. Could be a lot worse.

Yeah I'm interested in what specific roles Bill has for Williams & Dugger and it looks like we know with Kyle.

I just like to gage where the coaches heads are at with what they're asking the guys to do.

A big part of this year is seeing what all these recent picks can do and I'm here for it. We could see a ton of young faces in almost any position this year due to replacement & injuries.

Really intrigued by the situation.

I think Dugger eventually is the starting ss but not this year. With all the missed time due to covid its just too much to learn in too little time. My guess is Williams with Phillips and Dugger both playing there some. Im intrigued to see what Joejuan can do. Im even more excited for Dugger in 2021, moving into that s/lb hybrid role. Will be fun to watch.

I see Williams getting a shot at S. I don't think BB wants to stash him CB as he won't get any playing time.

Completely agree....felt that way since he was drafted

Yeah I'm interested in what specific roles Bill has for Williams & Dugger and it looks like we know with Kyle...
SloJuan & Uncle Dugg: the starting deep half of the 2022 secondary?

I see Williams getting a shot at S. I don't think BB wants to stash him CB as he won't get any playing time there.
Nor should he, because he sucks as a CB...dude can't even cover Devin Ross, for feck's sake...

good early indications

1. Putting a lot on the plate of Dugger as premier option/hope for Chung replacement - could end up being an upgrade (at least vs TE, pass); tons of snaps incl #1, D-Mac invested mentor

2. Uche and Harris as well given opportunities & showing some promise to be able to step up in emptied starting roles.

3. Johnson reportedly building up significantly on promising rookie yr to step up for Develin (as the only real option)

4. Young TE group starting strong

worrying early indications

RT - If Elmn is the starting RT the passing offence will be in trouble. I hope Cajuste can put his act together or they find a trade option (since it looks they dont want to move Thuney)

kicker

He does not seem to possess NFL strength, agreed, I'm nervous he'll fumble whenever he is tackled

good early indications

1. Putting a lot on the plate of Dugger as premier option/hope for Chung replacement - could end up being an upgrade (at least vs TE, pass); tons of snaps incl #1, D-Mac invested mentor

2. Uche and Harris as well given opportunities & showing some promise to be able to step up in emptied starting roles.

3. Johnson reportedly building up significantly on promising rookie yr to step up for Develin (as the only real option)

4. Young TE group starting strong

worrying early indications

RT - If Elmn is the starting RT the passing offence will be in trouble. I hope Cajuste can put his act together or they find a trade option (since it looks they dont want to move Thuney)

kicker
I look at it like this.
LT wynn
C andrews
RG Mason

LG or RT Thuney depending upon:

RT Cajuste
LG Froholdt
LG Onwenu (my bold prediction)

the other 2 are game day backups with Elmn, Cunningham, Herron fighting for 8th ol
Spot

Remember Dan Skipper last year practicing at Left Tackle? Wasn't it Bedard that wrote Skipper looked the part? Don't put too much concern into early practice assignments.

Agreed.

Welker had more girth on his frame for his punt returning and generally was a lot more tactical and didn't run into a crowd without hesitation.

Edelman was a bit more slender during his early days, and while he didn't show as much discretion as Welker, he did know when to cut his losses and go down or OOB.

Gunner on the other hand is on the complete other end of the spectrum; zero discretion, reckless abandon. Even if he was carrying more weight he'd still be in trouble. Needs to know when to pick his places to 'go' and when to tone it down. An extra 5-10'ish pounds wouldn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes