PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will win Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secondary is an obvious weakness without Gilmore or Rowe, but it will be interesting to see what they do up front now that they don’t have to scheme for a mobile quarterback. Should be a fun game for Wise and Flowers on 3rd down and obvious passing situations.
The other side is you don't want to leave badmofo jones or Chung on an island too often and have to watch the RB as a receiver.

Every reason to blitz is matched by a reason to cover.

I think the gamelan is going to be vary the calls, use everything. Bring pressure when the tendency says you cover, cover when the tendency says you blitz.
I think we will switch in and out of ma and zone. I think we will see both a small quick front (like marsh, wise flowers plus a DT) and a big one (like Flowers branch brown butler) on early downs.

But overall I think we go after Ryan

Well, my son weighed in at 28 pounds and 3 ounces at his two year check up this week, so our victory must be assured. I'm so proud of my little memelord.
Too bad there isn't such a thing as 34 lbs 28 ounces for the next weigh in.

The other side is you don't want to leave badmofo jones or Chung on an island too often and have to watch the RB as a receiver.

Every reason to blitz is matched by a reason to cover.

I think the gamelan is going to be vary the calls, use everything. Bring pressure when the tendency says you cover, cover when the tendency says you blitz.
I think we will switch in and out of ma and zone. I think we will see both a small quick front (like marsh, wise flowers plus a DT) and a big one (like Flowers branch brown butler) on early downs.

But overall I think we go after Ryan
I think we’ll see more zone than man, but overall I agree.

I think Pats win. But looking at it seems like a coin flip type of game, with Gilmore and Rowe out and the offense not playing their best the last 2 weeks. Although if Burkhead is back I think it's a boost for the offense, probably helps in some of the areas they struggled in the last 2 weeks. Burkhead's TD against the Saints came from from the slot.

Also after the last 2 weeks, might be the game to loosen the reigns on Dion Lewis maybe look to get him about 20 touches.

I know it was the jests so you take it with a grain of salt but Bademosi seemed to have had a solid game last week.

I will be the first to say this. The Patriots are going to beat Atlanta. Why? Because that is what they do. They have played better vs good teams than any team in the NFL has for a long time. They rise to challenges, and a team that was the #1 offense last year, even if its not a shadow of that this year, and a team that went to the SB last year is a challenge. The Patriots exploit opponents weaknesses and a team that lost back to back home games to the lowly Bills and Dolphins has weaknesses.
And Tom Brady.

Regardless of what the Patriots do on Sunday, your theory certainly didn't apply against the Chiefs or Panthers.

Regardless of what the Patriots do on Sunday, your theory certainly didn't apply against the Chiefs or Panthers.
Nope they don't win every game. Just most of them.

If you want to post that analysis, be my guest.
The Patriots will be ready, and as they almost always do, will make the plays when they need to.

Sorry you will be disappointed, but I'm sure you can find somethings to complain about since winning will only mean they didn't suck completely.
like they were ready with 10 days to prepare for the mighty New York Jets and Josh McCown? Cuz they looked well-prepared in letting the Jets steamroll them for the first 25 minutes of the game? :confused::confused::confused:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Patriots are one sprained ankle or "concussion" away from having only 2 corners vs Atlanta

I think Pats win. But looking at it seems like a coin flip type of game, with Gilmore and Rowe out and the offense not playing their best the last 2 weeks. Although if Burkhead is back I think it's a boost for the offense, probably helps in some of the areas they struggled in the last 2 weeks. Burkhead's TD against the Saints came from from the slot.

Also after the last 2 weeks, might be the game to loosen the reigns on Dion Lewis maybe look to get him about 20 touches.

I know it was the jests so you take it with a grain of salt but Bademosi seemed to have had a solid game last week.
I don't see burkhead as so much a weapon as a versatile backup guy. I definitely don't see him as a slot wr.

I agree that Lewis is a good matchup in this game. I see him getting the most RB snaps and touches.

Nope they don't win every game. Just most of them.

Your argument has no teeth. They're in the glass by the argument's bed. You might as well have said

"Patriots are going to win, because I'm wearing blue stripes!"

(Kinda on topic) Does anyone think Kraft/Gillette ops will do any "28-3" showboating before the game or show superbowl highlights to juice the crowd, play up the mental aspects, etc.?

I could go either way on whether it would be good or not, but guess would prefer they didn't. It was too much in game one this year.

I saw a tweet earlier that said the Pats should sent out only White and Gostkowski for the coin toss:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

like they were ready with 10 days to prepare for the mighty New York Jets and Josh McCown? Cuz they looked well-prepared in letting the Jets steamroll them for the first 25 minutes of the game? :confused::confused::confused:
I know it was almost a whole week ago but unless my memory is really bad the patriots won that game.
A division game. On the road. Without cb1 and cb3.
What were you looking for 2 wins?

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Patriots are one sprained ankle or "concussion" away from having only 2 corners vs Atlanta
Well you can only hope for that.

I see it becoming more difficult because of Gilmore and Rowe being out. They got away with it against the lousy jests. They gonna need some type of pass rush. They haven't even put a good solid performance at home yet.

Your argument has no teeth. They're in the glass by the argument's bed. You might as well have said

"Patriots are going to win, because I'm wearing blue stripes!"
No because wearing blue stripes does not have the track record that this franchise has. And I kind of think that bill belichick and Tom Brady have a greater influence on the outcome of the game than what shirt I wear but I'm sure you will explain to me how they don't.

No because wearing blue stripes does not have the track record that this franchise has. And I kind of think that bill belichick and Tom Brady have a greater influence on the outcome of the game than what shirt I wear but I'm sure you will explain to me how they don't.

The Patriots have been good against all teams. There's nothing standout about "good teams". They've been 12-4 or better for 7 straight years, and they've won at least 10 games for 14 straight years.

They also beat the Falcons in last year's Super Bowl.

And none of that means that they'll win on Sunday. When looking at Sunday's game, wearing blue stripes is as relevant as all of that.

The Patriots have been good against all teams. There's nothing standout about "good teams". They've been 12-4 or better for 7 straight years, and they've won at least 10 games for 14 straight years.

They also beat the Falcons in last year's Super Bowl.

And none of that means that they'll win on Sunday. When looking at Sunday's game, wearing blue stripes is as relevant as all of that.
They have been better against good teams than anyone else. You know, what I said.

If you think the patriots track record, bill belichick and Tom Brady means winning is as random as a coin flip that is your right to your opinion. It just surprises me.

Pretty sure lots of people have said this.

I know it was almost a whole week ago but unless my memory is really bad the patriots won that game.
A division game. On the road. Without cb1 and cb3.
What were you looking for 2 wins?

Well you can only hope for that.
Well, no, because I prefer to see wins not losses when I fork over $270 for game tickets....

The Jets beat the Dolphins...The Dolphins beat the Falcons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes