PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 9 Training Camp Thread- Friday August 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always interesting to see these grades

5.0-5.1
Chance to be in an NFL training camp

Like this guy...

"and served a one-game suspension after being arrested on charges of driving under the influence, underage alcohol consumption and driving without a driver's license"

A lot more concerned about the run defense with McMillan out. I'm not a fan of Bentley, the guy is always chasing guys from behind and not stout against the run.
Neither of them were/are seeing a ton of reps.

Damn I was excited to see what he could do he was reminding me from reports as being like a Roman Phifer kind of player for us.
Ok Winovich now is your chance.
McMillan and winovich play very different roles. This won’t have an impact on winovichs opportunity of playing time.

9/12 will soon be only one month away

A lot more concerned about the run defense with McMillan out. I'm not a fan of Bentley, the guy is always chasing guys from behind and not stout against the run.
The run D will be fine.

5.0-5.1

Like this guy...

"and served a one-game suspension after being arrested on charges of driving under the influence, underage alcohol consumption and driving without a driver's license"
I did both of those in 1987 but not at the same time. Drinking at a house party that got busted and driving alone but was in Drivers Ed at the time but not drinking. Cops nailed me but never booked.

Folks needed to come get me. That was not fun.

Idiot..

5.0-5.1

Like this guy...

Just imagined a cartoon of James Bond being pulled over, local cop shining his flashlight on his "License to Kill"... saying "No, Mr. Bond, your other license."

Then maybe another frame where he runs it, one where he gives it back, and the last one he'd say "Nice tux, ****."

I liked what we were hearing about MacMillan at early training camp, but whether or not the run D was going to improve this year did no hinge upon a vet minimum reserve ILB making the team. It is much more important that we've added Godchaux, High, Van Noy, and Judon. Raekwon was always going to be a nice surprise, not a make or break player.

I don't really know what the others have been saying, but that's certainly not been Bedard's line. He's felt Jones has been competitive since Day One and that Cam, while improved, is still Cam.

Yes, that's why I noted both Bedard and Zolak as not being part of that group:

Pretty much everyone but Zolack and Bedard was saying that Newton's looked improved and more consistent, and that Mac's not been able to even keep pace, much less gain ground

That sucks, by most accounts he was playing well and had shown improvement. Hope that he battles back to form next year.
IIRC he tore the other ACL when he was with the ‘Phins and he returned to top form following that one.

5.0-5.1

Like this guy...

Sounds like a special teamer with a lot of potential.

For those that scoff at the "Foxboro Flu" as non-existent - this is what we mean - this type of meniscus surgery has a 4-5 week recovery time, but instead the team places him on IR keeping his rights for another year, but not having to waste a roster spot or return designation on him.

THAT'S what we mean about the Foxboro flu, not that they make up injuries...but that they stash players with injuries that COULD return (short surgery and rehab time) during a given season on IR.

For those that scoff at the "Foxboro Flu" as non-existent - this is what we mean - this type of meniscus surgery has a 4-5 week recovery time, but instead the team places him on IR keeping his rights for another year, but not having to waste a roster spot or return designation on him.

THAT'S what we mean about the Foxboro flu, not that they make up injuries...but that they stash players with injuries that COULD return (short surgery and rehab time) during a given season on IR.
SOP for roster management.

Nordic was amazing, right down the middle for every kick. Hit one over the net into the stand
Are they really going to cut Nick Folk (if healthy) whose $1.6 salary is guaranteed, after he hit 92.9% of his field goals with a long of 51 yards for a guy whose reputation is inconsistency?

Of course if they could trade Folk that might be different.
Does Folk's guaranteed contract have offsets in case he's cut and resigns elsewhere?

Does Folk's guaranteed contract have offsets in case he's cut and resigns elsewhere?

Not sure, but he has incentives which could add $800+K

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore