PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not be happy about this considering he’s clearly someone the Pats really want?

The Pats’ offense thrives on having quick twitch options. Slot receivers. They were ready to break the bank for Humphries, but the Patriots wannabes in Memphis got him. So, thanks to the lucky BREAK of Atlanta falling apart, an arguably better option is available, a guy, by the way, a third of a foot taller then Edelman. Can you say red zone threat?

Tom Brady is smiling over his avocados this morning, the Pats potentially just got much better, and some of you guys are fretting about a draft pick. Smh

I never thought of Sanu as a quick twitch guy. He is more of a big slow guy. Like Gordon. Actually more like Donald Hayes. Would have rather liked Sanders for a 2nd but BB is a HOF coach and I am just some putz, so I like the move!

now trade bennett for ol help

I doubt they will be able to upgrade their offensive line. I'd rather a TE. Tomlinson was awful last night and Watson didn't look that great either.

Best part about this trade is that it means the Antonio Brown whiners will have to face the fact that he really isn’t coming back here.
It's insane to me that with the way his stint went here anyone could be delusional enough to think he was coming back.

If Julio wasn't on the Falcons he would have 1000 plus yard seasons imo every year he's close every year and I'm sure Jones takes away hundreds of yards every year from him.

that is not how it works. Jones gets game planned, the number 1 corner and safety help. That left Sanu with single coverage on a lesser defensive back on a defense that is not really trying to stop him.

Kind of a wild idea, but any chance Gordon is on the verge of suspension again and appealing? Last year they barely played him the game before. I’ve been surprised he’s been sober this long, as it’s the longest he’s made it in some time. Other than that, I don’t really understand this trade. Only thought he has always played on teams stacked at WR, so he may be a lot better than his stats would indicate. I’m sure, since we all think it’s an overpay, we will wind up looking stupid. Just strange that after Meyers played a big role last night, the first thing they do is bump him down the depth chart. Also, Sanu is a big receiver and could help in the red zone? But his TD totals don’t indicate that.

It’s just a few weeks ago we were thinking Diggs for a second and now it’s Sanu for a second.
We also had visions of Hooper or OJ Howard. Who we thought we could pry with a second and it didn’t happen.
We talked about a first for Sanu and Hooper.
It’s kind of a let down for me.
Sorry but it is.
Your mind is not reality. Sorry but it’s not.

It’s just a few weeks ago we were thinking Diggs for a second and now it’s Sanu for a second.
We also had visions of Hooper or OJ Howard. Who we thought we could pry with a second and it didn’t happen.
Sorry but it is.

For me as well. Bill really loves sanu.

Put my first poster on ignore after reading the first few pages of this thread.

Welcome Sanu. Let's lay 50 on the Browns ass.

Thats 4 guys from Rutgers on the roster.

5 including BB Jr.

Sorry but it is.
I think this tells you that younger, faster WRs were not available for a 2nd this late in the season.

Why did/do people think MIN would give up Diggs for a 2nd when they're still in the running for a playoff spot?

Kind of a wild idea, but any chance Gordon is on the verge of suspension again and appealing? Last year they barely played him the game before. I’ve been surprised he’s been sober this long, as it’s the longest he’s made it in some time. Other than that, I don’t really understand this trade. Only thought he has always played on teams stacked at WR, so he may be a lot better than his stats would indicate. I’m sure, since we all think it’s an overpay, we will wind up looking stupid. Just strange that after Meyers played a big role last night, the first thing they do is bump him down the depth chart. Also, Sanu is a big receiver and could help in the red zone? But his TD totals don’t indicate that.

My first thought was also "uh oh, could this be Gordon related?", but I feel irrational for thinking that.

Sanu is in that 3rd or 4th wideout range. They’re getting a guy like harry back and have Meyers. I thought they where gonna go for one of these short quick twitchy wideouts.

He’s worth a fourth rounder not a second rounder.
He is worth a 4th rounder if he was a one year rental. He is under contract next year also, so he is more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3